Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Winter mods have started!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-03, 12:58 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Winter mods have started!!

Just wanted to post as an update to my project. The car is down for the winter, so I decided to start the modding again.

The 5spd is now out of the car, and I'm getting ready to get the 6spd trans and rear in the car. I hope to be done with that over the next week or two.

Today I purchased a few goodies from my boys at SP, after spending half the day there shootin the sh*& with those guys, we finally made the decision on what turbo setup is best for my goals. After talking with Larry about their new full GT turbo, I decided to go that route. The turbo is labeled SP SS GT800W, long *** name This is a brand new style turbo for them, if you need any info on it, just give SP a call.
The turbo is capable of 800 at the crank which should net me in the low 700rwhp area. It also features the anti surge housing (the whistler).This thing is supposed to spool extremely quick, how quick, we'll have to wait an see until the other car with it on gets on the dyno. I can't say enough about the guys at SP, great products, great service, and great guys.

I also picked up my SP fuel system as well, with some 1000cc squirters

I'll take some pics of the progress through the next few months.
Old 10-31-03, 01:17 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You go boy.
Definitely looking forward to seeing how that turbo performs, good luck with Stage 2 Chris.
- Jon
Old 10-31-03, 01:26 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Thanks Jon!! I've been keeping up with your project as well, and we're lucky to have a member like you in the community that provides such detail and feedback for others. Looking forward to the next installment of Silver SP63

I can't wait until they get that other supra on the dyno to see the results!! I'll be getting a call from larry to come over when they are going to throw it on the dyno, it's nice only being 1mile away

As soon as they net some numbers, I'll post those results.

Chris
Old 11-02-03, 02:09 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow. Sounds very impressive. Can't wait to see the monster!

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 11-02-03 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-02-03, 02:24 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds nice Chris! I'll be joining the 6spd folks soon. hehe
Old 11-02-03, 02:37 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Thanks Chris and Jeff, I can't wait to start putting it all together I've already got the stockers out and the single should be going on in another couple weeks. I've got plenty of time as it will be in the garage all winter, but I'm just so excited that I had to start

Chris, I'll be out much more next year, as well paying more visits to the track as well.

Jeff, I notice you posting some interesting items, I kind of figured you were going a different route. Awesome, you will never look back once that 6spd is in! Aside from the 6spd, what other plans do you have for modding? I know you have some other parts to go on the car, are they going on this winter?

Chris
Old 11-02-03, 02:44 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Originally posted by quikturbo
Thanks Chris and Jeff, I can't wait to start putting it all together I've already got the stockers out and the single should be going on in another couple weeks. I've got plenty of time as it will be in the garage all winter, but I'm just so excited that I had to start

Chris, I'll be out much more next year, as well paying more visits to the track as well.

Jeff, I notice you posting some interesting items, I kind of figured you were going a different route. Awesome, you will never look back once that 6spd is in! Aside from the 6spd, what other plans do you have for modding? I know you have some other parts to go on the car, are they going on this winter?

Chris
I'm still kind of deciding what all is going in over winter if anything. But I recently purchased a Holinger 6spd sequential setup. Have another intake manifold (actually off phr's 8sec supra). There are still several things left I need to purchase (turbo setup, fuel system, motec, cylinder head, etc..) Should be interesting seeing what it runs once its all said and done.
Old 11-02-03, 03:59 PM
5speed300
Pole Position

6speed sequential!!! That is going to be insane, as well as quite a wiring job.
Old 11-02-03, 07:43 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Originally posted by TurboB6
I'm still kind of deciding what all is going in over winter if anything. But I recently purchased a Holinger 6spd sequential setup. Have another intake manifold (actually off phr's 8sec supra). There are still several things left I need to purchase (turbo setup, fuel system, motec, cylinder head, etc..) Should be interesting seeing what it runs once its all said and done.
mmmm, sequential That thing is gonna be sick Jeff! Please keep us in the loop on the progress.
Old 11-10-03, 10:44 PM
TurboB6
Lead Lap

Hopefully there will be alot of fast SC's in the works this winter and summer Including yours Chris, hehe

Heres a small pic of the tranny setup. Actually the freight company just dropped it off this morning.

Last edited by TurboB6; 11-10-03 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-11-03, 04:20 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeff....you always have the nicest parts

gadgetSC-t
Old 11-11-03, 05:36 AM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Originally posted by gadgetSC
Jeff....you always have the nicest parts

Agreed!!!

By the way, I've decided to go with a larger turbo. Now I'll be going with the SP71GTQ, which is capable of 850rwhp. I got to see some numbers on it and was really impressed! You guys will learn that I change my mind a lot I say I'll start small, well, that never actually happens

Chris
Old 11-11-03, 08:16 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by TurboB6
Hopefully there will be alot of fast SC's in the works this winter and summer Including yours Chris, hehe

Actually Chicago area will have quite a few turbo SCs and ISes. Hehehe.

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 11-11-03 at 08:17 AM.