Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

forum members in the seattle area [LS400 owners]

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-14, 03:43 PM
acheson850
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post forum members in the seattle area [LS400 owners]

Hi Folks,

I am 55, retired recently and live in Charlotte, NC. I don't have definite plans yet but I would like to fly out to Seattle this spring/summer and purchase an early 90's LS 400. My budget for the car itself is about 2K and then would make improvements as necessary to road trip it back to Charlotte. I am "wrench worthy" so to speak, having done a lot of work, part myself, part with the help of independent mechanics in the last three years, bringing back my Dad's 93 Lincoln Mark VIII and my 91 BMW 850i (my one and only V12!). Wanting to add to my collection (wife be damned ;-))!

If any one would be willing to share their expertise with the LS 400 with me I would appreciate that help!

Thanks and happy wrenching/motoring!
Scott Acheson
704-366-7056
Old 03-29-14, 04:42 PM
oldyota
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are you flying to Seattle for a car?

this is a great forum (like most)
use the search and read a ton and it'll teach a lot.
Old 03-30-14, 09:43 AM
acheson850
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oldyota
Why are you flying to Seattle for a car?

this is a great forum (like most)
use the search and read a ton and it'll teach a lot.
Many answers to your question. Challenge myself with finding a Lexus 400 for the trip, wanderlust, bored here at home, visit some friends in Seattle, Vancouver, check out my Great Grandfather's church in Shedd, Oregon, visit my sister and bro in-law in(if they wil have me;-)) in Atherton CA. Finish one of my bucket list items. Just a matter of me convincing myself it is OK to do it....I am lucky/fortunate to even be pondering this idea...My wife just said "let me know when you plan to go". So heck her judgement/approval and my own is all I really need. Self knowledge. I love driving and travelling. I was hoping that when I flew out there I could make personal contact with someone who knows the LS 400 well and could meet me at the point of sale (private or dealer) and look over the car and give me there opinion. Not so much on price but condition...I might miss something obvious when I do my own PPI. If I am going to find an expert on this car this would be a place to look for one. Yes I can pay for PPI by an indy but .... I can offer lunch and or dinner and a libation if appropriate. What do you think?

I am sure this is a great forum and I can learn a lot here. I have learned a lot about my 91 BMW and 93 Linc Mark VIII on similar forums.

Thanks for reading and replying!
Scott:

Last edited by acheson850; 03-30-14 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-01-14, 07:50 PM
Djfoho
Rookie

not ls400 exclusive but a common issue with older lexus vehicles are the electronics so check the ccm check the cluster etc. since you have experience with cars i shouldn't have to tell you to listen for any noises etc.
Old 04-08-14, 11:32 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like an epic road trip. I drove my 350z from FL to WA a couple of years ago when moving here. One of the best decisions of my life. Good luck!

PS - Don't forget to post pics of your LS during the trip!