Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Relocation: Long Beach to Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-12, 10:18 PM
spacedog
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Relocation: Long Beach to Las Vegas

How's it going CL members? Hopefully this post will draw the attention from those of you living in Las Vegas. I am currently living in California, born and raised here, but I am relocating to Las Vegas; I'll be completely moved into the area by June 1st.

One of the vehicles I own is a '92 Lexus SC300 factory 5-SPD model in garnet pearl. I will be registering my car in Nevada and I naturally have questions for you that are car and emissions related. Keep in mind that I've searched the internet for answers but have found none to the ones I'll be asking.

1. In regards to extreme desert temperatures, is it justifiable to upgrade my cooling system? I'm looking into a Koyo or Mishimoto aluminum radiator but wondering if my stock system is sufficient.

2. In regards to emissions testing, what can I get away with? My car needs new cats but I'd rather install a header and an aftermarket high-flow cat than buy OE replacement units.

3. I can get a federal smog test done in California, but will it be valid in Clark County Nevada?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions! Feel free to pass on friendly warnings about anything I should know.
Old 06-12-12, 05:46 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey buddy. Hope ur move to LV was smooth. Welcome to Sin city. Sorry i dont know any of the answers to ur questions but i can pass along this. U can go dark on ur front window tint. Lots of guys go 5% with no problems. Also per Metro police officer, as long as there is no factory installed license plate holder on ur frontbumper, u dont have to have a license plate onthe front. Hope i see u on the scene.
Old 06-13-12, 04:40 PM
spacedog
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the reply! don't worry about the questions i had, i already took care of everything. like any move, it was a lot of work. I'm just glad its all done with haha. thanks for the tips on tint and front plate stuff, having some sort of guidelines to whats passable is better than nothing.

As far as the vegas "scene" goes, i haven't seen much of any...maybe i'm not looking in the right places.
Old 06-15-12, 11:50 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spacedog
thanks for the reply! don't worry about the questions i had, i already took care of everything. like any move, it was a lot of work. I'm just glad its all done with haha. thanks for the tips on tint and front plate stuff, having some sort of guidelines to whats passable is better than nothing.

As far as the vegas "scene" goes, i haven't seen much of any...maybe i'm not looking in the right places.
Yeah the local Lexus scene is kinda weak from a consistancy stand point. We don't meet up that often. Don't really know why. People just tend to keep to themselves. There's meets every Wednesday on Flamingo and Durango. It's anything and everything out there.