Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

IN N OUT Lunch Meet 9/20

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-02, 05:44 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default IN N OUT Lunch Meet 9/20

As expected, we spent more time in the parking lot talking than eating.

We did luck out and duck into the In N Out, just in time to miss the paddy wagon that came to pick us up. Thought for sure Synergy was going to get cited for no tags. Next time I'll park at the spot furthest from him.

I'll let others elaborate on this further.

I know people don't frequent this forum enough to catch the last minute activities like this, so I've created a "local" e-mail distribution list for those of us who want to be connected and notified of local happenings. This is the Silicon Valley; let's "use" the technology available to us.

Anyone interested in getting on this e-mail list for future local activities, just shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.

Current people on this list are:
redgs4, lex400SC, jawnthen, Hermosa, Synergy, Rominl, TY328, bichkikr and JL4785.

Nice seeing old and new faces today.

Old 09-20-02, 06:50 PM
JL4785
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was well worth the drive for me at least! Gotta do it again... It was great meeting everyone finally in person. At least now I have a face to match with the different handles. To be honest with you guys, it was pretty funny to see the big arm of the law there checking out the cars. Oh well... Milipitas cops do have that reputation of being hard to those with modified vehicles...

Ok everyone knows how to get a hold of me... lets do this again!

John
Old 09-20-02, 08:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah it was awesome. we need to find a way next time to have more time for eating than looking at cars but it was fun regardless. saw even more cars and it was awesome.

well for those who don't know, apparently the hotel next to in and out didn't apprecaite the several gs's and called the cop saying that we are blocking the road (wtf?)... we were waiting for food inside and suddenly saw this cop walked around our cars.... no harm done at last (thank god, we could have gotten plenty of fix tickets) but still it was funny.

we should do this regularly, maybe once a month or so, just to hang out and talk about some updates, bigger meets, whatever. it would be fun.
Old 09-20-02, 09:11 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey. Don't forget about me.
Old 09-20-02, 09:30 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 8 GS For Lunch

Left Side.
Attached Thumbnails IN N OUT Lunch Meet   9/20-all-cars-left-side.jpg  
Old 09-20-02, 09:30 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Right Side.
Attached Thumbnails IN N OUT Lunch Meet   9/20-all-cars-right-side.jpg  
Old 09-20-02, 09:31 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Middle.
Attached Thumbnails IN N OUT Lunch Meet   9/20-all-cars-middle.jpg  
Old 09-20-02, 09:41 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Everyone, not bad for a quick lunch time get together.

The only scare was when the cop came. :eek: He circled the cars [fully tinted, no front plates, cleared side markers & other vehicle code violations...]. He called in every plate and even Synergy's VIN [that's what you get for not having any plates!]

Apparently we were actually parking in the hotel lot and they called us in for disrupting traffic flow. Ahem, we won't even mention the low frequency demo by bichkikr.

The cop was cool, let us know why he was there and did not write any tickets or haul anyone in... We had a good time giving RMMGS4 a headtrip about the "ticket". If anything JL4785 should have been cited for being the only one with a front plate!!!
Old 09-20-02, 10:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

hahah yeah, putting up a front plate is such a shame but it was really nice, i was really surprised by the outcome. it started out with a two guys lunch between me and synergy

yeah, rmmgs4, you should tell people how you were busted with the ticket hahaa...
Old 09-20-02, 11:27 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I know I said I would, but I woke up really late today (like 2PM). I took some valium last night to take care of a pulled neck muscle, and it really put me out. I'll make it to the next lunch if you guys have one!
Old 09-20-02, 11:50 PM
JL4785
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno bout u guys, but my other daily driver didnt have a front plate for a while. EVERY single time we parked it outside on the street somewhere in the city we always GOT CITED for no front plate! It was ridiculous! My daily was a 97 Acura CL so it had no MODs whatsoever.. Just no plate.. I was pulled over in it quite a few times as well with no front plate... never got cited but I always got messed with. I love my GS too much and do not want to give anyone a reason to pull me over... so hahahaha!
Old 09-21-02, 12:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

hey guys there should be lots more pics than what redgs4 got! i didn't bring mine, so please post more i really want to see those pics of the audio setup! i wanna show my gf those
Old 09-21-02, 02:58 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TY328 will probably post later tonight.

He usually doesn't get online till after midnight. I know, I'm usually up at that time trading e-mails with him..

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-21-02 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-21-02, 03:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

keep on waiting
Old 09-21-02, 04:06 AM
RacingAristo

man, you nor cal guys are pretty active. wish I could join you for the IN N OUT meet. I want a double double with grill onion please.

Quick Reply: IN N OUT Lunch Meet 9/20