Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Seattle Snow!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-10, 07:11 PM
ShaiKmai
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle Snow!

So any of you Lexus DD taking your lexus out in the snow??
If so what snow shoes you got on? I was fishtailing my GS300 around with my fairly new tires....
embarrassed to say i barely made it up a small hill.....i mean real small hill near my hood

looks like i gotta break out my secondary beater car
Old 11-22-10, 08:46 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

I drive my IS300 in the snow. I too got new tires a few weeks ago. I have Conti DWS and I was slipping a little bit. Im use to it, cus I go snowboarding, so its a must I drive in the snow lol
I would recommend SnowChains, if your not driving on studded tires. Especially for those small hills lol

I saw the news earlier, and all of Seattle roads is a parking lot

Be Safe out there!!!
Old 11-22-10, 08:53 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

i used to live in bremerton way back... doesnt the snow only last for a day?
Old 11-22-10, 09:01 PM
Emilio253
Lead Lap

not this time.. I was driving my moms 2nd car which iis a chevy lumina today and slip down a hugest steepest hill in my neighborhood, then slammed into a headon curb,

backed up onto the road and 5 minutes later a 17 year old girl is her pissat slams right into me! I had to tow the car home..

on a good note she gets to pay for the damage I did lmao

I'm so glad it wasn't my SC! She sucks in the snow anyways and won't be driving in it
Old 11-22-10, 10:01 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

This is an Artic blizzard. They said its gonna be worse tomorrow. Lets see if the weather report is correct. Im in Tacoma and there is Snow on the grounds and ice is underneath it on the roads :eeks:
Old 11-22-10, 11:49 PM
chums
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bridgestone potenza re0960 pole position a/s. couple years back had goodyear eagle f1 a/s and those held up fine, but the potenzas are 5x better. still slipping a bit when its slick, but i choose my routes carefully to avoid slippery situations

im in an is250 awd and honestly i disable the traction control for driving in the snow. a few years back i was trying to get my car up a hill and the tcs kept cutting power when it would kick in. just went back to the bottom of the hill, turned off tcs, and up i went.

the car that tried to follow me ended up going up a bit then lost traction, slammed their brakes, slid down backwards, and slammed into our mailboxes. control arm snapped too. seattle drivers will never learn...dont slam the brakes...

looks like next winter im gonna be doing the same in a rwd vehicle tho
Old 11-23-10, 08:40 AM
gdot
Lead Lap

My GS was sitting nice and warm in my garage while I was rollin' my Ridgeline. It was the first time driving it in the snow and I gotta say I was pretty impressed. There were times where I had to stop in the middle of a hill or weave my way through stuck cars and all I had to do was step on the gas. I did throw some chains on it this morning so I wouldn't have to worry too much about the ice on the roads tonight.
Old 11-23-10, 11:47 AM
infra917
Driver

I barely made it home to Seatac, well actually my IS300 didn't make it, had to leave it at the bottom of the hill. When I was living in Utah, it was absolutely horrible to drive in the snow.
Old 11-23-10, 08:31 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Took the LX470 out, and boy am I glad we have that in our family!!!
Old 11-24-10, 04:19 AM
scshinobi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chums
bridgestone potenza re0960 pole position a/s. couple years back had goodyear eagle f1 a/s and those held up fine, but the potenzas are 5x better. still slipping a bit when its slick, but i choose my routes carefully to avoid slippery situations

im in an is250 awd and honestly i disable the traction control for driving in the snow. a few years back i was trying to get my car up a hill and the tcs kept cutting power when it would kick in. just went back to the bottom of the hill, turned off tcs, and up i went.

the car that tried to follow me ended up going up a bit then lost traction, slammed their brakes, slid down backwards, and slammed into our mailboxes. control arm snapped too. seattle drivers will never learn...dont slam the brakes...

looks like next winter im gonna be doing the same in a rwd vehicle tho
+1 pole positions are the best tires ive had hands down i have tried the good years as well. The good years are great tires but i feel like the break point on them is 2nd to the potenzas by a significant amount. How you been James long time no talk! you still working at the same place? i need to stop by again with that korean guy
Old 11-24-10, 07:44 AM
binh
Rookie

no probs with is350 on blizzak lm-60s. no such thing as going sideways and stops when i want it to stop. imo worth the investment if you need to get around and future winters.
Old 11-24-10, 09:23 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Ya, the dumbass that are on the news, sliding and crashing into stuff. Them peeps need to take a road course lesson on going up hill, when its icey.
If everyone took that, Im sure I 5 wouldnt have been as bad of a parking lot, as it was on monday.

I drive my car every where...probably because I ahve chains in the trunk, for those in case I get my self in a stuck position. Remember, avoid ditch's at all possible.

Be Safe!!!
Old 11-25-10, 01:19 AM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8
ha thats rite my bros lx470 handls very well on snow and ice as well lol great car and comfortable for family!!
Old 11-25-10, 01:30 AM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
I drive my IS300 in the snow. I too got new tires a few weeks ago. I have Conti DWS and I was slipping a little bit. Im use to it, cus I go snowboarding, so its a must I drive in the snow lol
I would recommend SnowChains, if your not driving on studded tires. Especially for those small hills lol

I saw the news earlier, and all of Seattle roads is a parking lot

Be Safe out there!!!
hah very funny , i was one of the peeps waited in the big lot out their on road till i hit the emergency line and drove off, i wasnt on my gs tho, i was with my bro on his 08 turbo disel 2500 ram lifted on 22's we had no problems driving. weird how i got in to the snow out thier in seattle, i live i portland, but had to drive my cuzins from europe to seattles airport, due to they miss their flight here in portland !!
Old 11-25-10, 06:08 PM
chums
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8
hahaha good to hear it yogi

Originally Posted by scshinobi
+1 pole positions are the best tires ive had hands down i have tried the good years as well. The good years are great tires but i feel like the break point on them is 2nd to the potenzas by a significant amount. How you been James long time no talk! you still working at the same place? i need to stop by again with that korean guy
hey man ive been doing good haha, ive actually got plans to swap my car in about 2-3 months. the difference between pole positions and good years to me was night and day. also, goodyears seem to have a pretty weak sidewall because i had two blow-outs and they werent stretched. it wasnt nails, road debris, or camber wear, it was honestly just bad quality. im actually not working right now, just focusing on finishing school, but if you ever need parts lemme know my friend still hooks it up for CL members hows your sc doin?

Originally Posted by binh
no probs with is350 on blizzak lm-60s. no such thing as going sideways and stops when i want it to stop. imo worth the investment if you need to get around and future winters.
+1 on this. blizzaks are legit

Quick Reply: Seattle Snow!