Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Anyone in WA with no front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-08, 01:46 AM
albert_23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in WA with no front license plate

I've been thinking, has anyone in WA state, especially seattle, lynnwood area been pulled over for no front plate??
Old 08-08-08, 03:29 AM
shonn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is required to have the front plate on the vehicle in Washington state. I spoke to a WSP officer about that before. BUT, if there is no mounting holes for the plate then you can more then likely get away with no front plate. But if an officer wants to be "not so nice" he/she CAN pull you over for it and give you a ticket for around $125. So it's up to you.
Old 08-08-08, 08:06 AM
gdot
Lead Lap

I haven't had one for the past couple of years and i've been fine. But i'm getting paranoid in my old age so I was thinking of putting one on. I don't want to give WSP or any other cop a reason to pull me over.
Old 08-08-08, 08:13 AM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

i got pulled over right infront of my house by a sheriff it was a chick too, she said it was a 125$ ticket too i told her i just had the thing painted and i had not had a chance to mount it. she let me go with a verbal warning, this was in the north lynnwood area. ps lynnwood cops and sno. sheriffs are beeyaches! they patrol lynnwood and the lynnwood/everett boarder and mill creek like hawks
both my car's do not have front plates and i will not disfigure then with the ugly things

Last edited by audi2nr; 08-08-08 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-08-08, 08:45 AM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

^^^
Saw you the other day on i-5, but was in the tacoma.

I have had a front plate and not had a front plate. Only been pulled over for it when i had a European plate in the center and my WA plate in my lower right bumper grill. Cops saw the euro plate and didnt even look for the WA plate.

But i am ordering one of these for the Q.

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/inde...f5daea5b033163
Old 08-08-08, 08:52 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

no front plate & i got a ticket in shoreline.. went to court.. told the judge i was having it put on.. he lowered it

still wack

theres a thread about it somewhere
Old 08-08-08, 09:59 AM
mrkenji
Lexus Champion

no front plate is normally one of those secondary offenses that cops get you for. i have been pulled over once for having a jdm plate in front and once for having no plate. but i have driven with no front plate or a jdm front plate for over 5 years. it just depends on how busy a cop is and if he wants to give you a hard time.. they are pretty hard on that in redmond. just an FYI
Old 08-08-08, 10:18 AM
Zanorath
Pole Position

That plate holder from swift motorsports is nice! All they need to do is make a remote release, so that when you're pulled over you can hit the button and totally confuse the officer.
Old 08-08-08, 11:37 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

My old '95 Impala SS mafia cruiser didn't have one and I never got in trouble, however I am not taking a chance with the SC because I drive it so often and the last thing I need is a ticket. I really wish we didn't need them... Washington is one of the few states where it's required.
Old 08-08-08, 11:40 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mrkenji
no front plate is normally one of those secondary offenses that cops get you for. i have been pulled over once for having a jdm plate in front and once for having no plate. but i have driven with no front plate or a jdm front plate for over 5 years. it just depends on how busy a cop is and if he wants to give you a hard time.. they are pretty hard on that in redmond. just an FYI
he was standing outside of another persons car finishing off writing them a ticket.. i passed him going about 25 bumpin my music with the windows down and he looked right in my eyes.. i looked in my rear view and saw him run into his car and speed ahead.. it was 2 lanes of traffic and he turned his lights on and passed the car between us... SPEEDING to catch up to me and pull me over.. then he walked to the front of the car and back to me and wrote me up for it.. i txtd a friend of mine whos house i was pulled over outside of... told her i was outside getting a ticket... she was on her way home and 20 minuets later i get a text back that she got a speeding ticket from the same douche bag..
Old 08-08-08, 12:54 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zanorath
That plate holder from swift motorsports is nice! All they need to do is make a remote release, so that when you're pulled over you can hit the button and totally confuse the officer.
Autoloc makes one with a switch that goes in the car

I used to drive around with "JDM plates" for a whole summer LoL!! I just put my plates in the front window...

I think I'll get that SWIFT Motorsports one tho!!
Old 08-08-08, 04:18 PM
albert_23
Pole Position

haha. that's funny to hear how many people have gotten tix for no front plate. my friend doesnt have his front plate for 2 years and he has been pulled over 4x for reasons like speeding etc but the police never writes him for no front plate.
Old 08-08-08, 05:05 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by albert_23
haha. that's funny to hear how many people have gotten tix for no front plate. my friend doesnt have his front plate for 2 years and he has been pulled over 4x for reasons like speeding etc but the police never writes him for no front plate.
I think a lot of it really depends on the car you're driving though. Like I said before, I NEVER got pulled over in my Impala SS with 5% tint and loud exhaust, most likely because cops are into that kinda car (just a guess). Say you were in a M4d TYtE DriphtZ0r Nissan with doofy crooked stickers all over it... yeah... You'll most likely get harassed for it because they will suspect you've been doing something stupid (chances are that you have in something like that). Anyways, if you obey the laws and drive a clean, good looking car... You're good to go most likely.
Old 08-08-08, 05:25 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Also, having no front plate isnt a moving violation. It wont raise your insurance if you get a ticket. You can fight it, and will lower the fine or get on probation and removed afterwards.

I sign a lot of petitions on no front plate. But the ballot never makes it to become a voting option. The state doesnt want to remove the front plate, gives them an excuse on taxing us.
Old 08-09-08, 10:24 AM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

i got a parking ticket in the u district didn't have a front plate showing and the damn tax collectors gave me another ticket on top of the parking violation for the plate bs!!! it sucked

Quick Reply: Anyone in WA with no front license plate