Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

The Unofficial WA BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-10, 05:12 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sway162
Crystal got 5" of fresh overnight! Grrrr..wish I was there.
Damn you serious? That's pretty cool, it was raining for the past couple of days, so does that mean there was even more snow?
Old 03-01-10, 11:59 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how was the XXX meet in Issaquah?

I was going to show up...but my lazy *** didn't feel like driving! lol I even washed my car and installed a new toy too. =)

Oh well...I will plan to go to that meet later this month.
Old 03-01-10, 12:03 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXveryG8
Damn you serious? That's pretty cool, it was raining for the past couple of days, so does that mean there was even more snow?
Yup, usually when it's raining down in the lowlands at around 50 degrees than it's snowing up at Baker, Stevens and Crystal...but most likely raining at Snoqualmie because of it's low base elevation.

It's been a relatively warm winter this year...temps been above 50 and so snow has been slushy.
Old 03-01-10, 02:52 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Yup, usually when it's raining down in the lowlands at around 50 degrees than it's snowing up at Baker, Stevens and Crystal...but most likely raining at Snoqualmie because of it's low base elevation.

It's been a relatively warm winter this year...temps been above 50 and so snow has been slushy.
oh, so that means snowboard=no go...
Old 03-02-10, 10:00 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

So I posted up a F.S. thread. Heres the link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is3...r-pics-wa.html

I will be posting more stuff, as time permits. Dont want to overwhelm myself, if you know what I mean heheheh

oh, so that means snowboard=no go...
Peeps still snowboard/ski in those condtions. But its not worth it, if you dont have a season pass
Old 03-02-10, 10:36 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Damn...I want that HKS Cam!
Old 03-02-10, 11:05 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
So I posted up a F.S. thread. Heres the link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is3...r-pics-wa.html

I will be posting more stuff, as time permits. Dont want to overwhelm myself, if you know what I mean heheheh

Peeps still snowboard/ski in those condtions. But its not worth it, if you dont have a season pass
Damn...I want that HKS Cam!
Dude, if I had an 01 IS300 I would jump on these!!

How is it when it's slushy snowboarding compared to normal snow? Is it just less fun? Oh how big of difference is the price from a season pass and a day's worth of pass?
Old 03-03-10, 07:40 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

How is it when it's slushy snowboarding compared to normal snow? Is it just less fun? Oh how big of difference is the price from a season pass and a day's worth of pass?
The snow is soft but SLOW and WET! You double your chances of getting your gear soaked then on top of that your miserable unless you got like the top gortex waterproof ish....like myself. Snowboarding on slush feels like your hydroplaning and don't have any control. When the conditions are normal..meaning temps are below freezing then the snow is nice and fine. You have better control, snow doesn't melt. Snowboarding on fresh snow...is heaven. The best feeling any snowboarder will get is plowing through fresh powder. The feeling is like floating on clouds. lol This is just something you have to experience and once you get really good then riding on fresh powder down steep extreme terrain is the ultimate rush. It doesn't get better than this.

Like Deek said I would never go when conditions are warm and slushy only if I had a seasons pass...I would. I had one for 4 years straight through college and I went regardless of the conditions because I wanted to get my $$$ worth. Now, since I don't go up nearly as much...I am picky about what day to go.

Depending on what mtn you go...you can get your $$ worth easy with a season pass. I don't know the prices but If you were planning on going at least 8-10 times at snoqualmie you make your $$ worth with a seasons pass there. So after 8-10 times you are basically snowboarding for free. An avg one day pass is from $50-60. So if you were to go 8 times without a seasons pass you would be spending around..$400-480! You might as well get a seasons pass because it's cheaper than $480 at Snoqualmie.

Now though at Crystal, it's more pricier for a season pass so you gotta go at least 20 times to make your monies worth. I had my pass here for 2 years and I went about 60 times each year. If you go about 20 times than you get your monies worth. A day pass here is $60.

DAMN....I just went off on this. LOL Once you get me talking about snowboarding....I can type all day long! LOL As you can see I used to be obsessed with boarding!
Old 03-03-10, 08:14 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

The snow is soft but SLOW and WET! You double your chances of getting your gear soaked then on top of that your miserable unless you got like the top gortex waterproof ish....like myself. Snowboarding on slush feels like your hydroplaning and don't have any control. When the conditions are normal..meaning temps are below freezing then the snow is nice and fine. You have better control, snow doesn't melt. Snowboarding on fresh snow...is heaven. The best feeling any snowboarder will get is plowing through fresh powder. The feeling is like floating on clouds. lol This is just something you have to experience and once you get really good then riding on fresh powder down steep extreme terrain is the ultimate rush. It doesn't get better than this.

Like Deek said I would never go when conditions are warm and slushy only if I had a seasons pass...I would. I had one for 4 years straight through college and I went regardless of the conditions because I wanted to get my $$$ worth. Now, since I don't go up nearly as much...I am picky about what day to go.

Depending on what mtn you go...you can get your $$ worth easy with a season pass. I don't know the prices but If you were planning on going at least 8-10 times at snoqualmie you make your $$ worth with a seasons pass there. So after 8-10 times you are basically snowboarding for free. An avg one day pass is from $50-60. So if you were to go 8 times without a seasons pass you would be spending around..$400-480! You might as well get a seasons pass because it's cheaper than $480 at Snoqualmie.

Now though at Crystal, it's more pricier for a season pass so you gotta go at least 20 times to make your monies worth. I had my pass here for 2 years and I went about 60 times each year. If you go about 20 times than you get your monies worth. A day pass here is $60.

DAMN....I just went off on this. LOL Once you get me talking about snowboarding....I can type all day long! LOL As you can see I used to be obsessed with boarding!
Haha, I see, no worries man, I'm actually glad you told me these. I'm pretty much a NOOB to snowboarding. Anything more you want to let me know, please do. If I ever wanted to go boarding I definitely would want to go boarding with you and Deek.
Old 03-04-10, 11:48 AM
drksyde
Driver

are we gonna do a big bbq summer kickoff this year? if we are, we should start organizing it soon so that more people will be informed.
Old 03-04-10, 04:48 PM
LazyAccent
Driver

Anything going on this weekend? Lol and Deek. You free Sat?? =)
Old 03-04-10, 07:32 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LazyAccent
Anything going on this weekend? Lol and Deek. You free Sat?? =)
Im free. Josh hasnt gotten back if he is confirming. Is there any where else that you can think of, that we can do it at?
Old 03-04-10, 07:58 PM
LazyAccent
Driver

Umm We can wait for Josh and like have an install party or something. Anytime. Im not really in no hurry.
Old 03-04-10, 08:09 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

I may have time. I will find out for sure later tonight or early tomorrow. How much time do we need? I should be available from noon-4. We can meet at my place though. Weather supposed to be nice too so that's a plus. I will get back to you guys in a bit....
Old 03-08-10, 11:46 PM
LazyAccent
Driver

What is up with this WA weather. Lol one minute is sunny then its raining now its chance of snow? its been snowing on an off all day but not sticking too well.

Quick Reply: The Unofficial WA BS thread