Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Need suggestion of good local restaurant in Seattle.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 04:15 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skpark70
It'll cost you little less at the Morton's if you have this certificate...
http://www.mortons-steakhouse.com/ss....cfm?MI=322322
Nice to know, they had that goin at one point in time before but it ended like a month before i decided to go. At the time I delivered their salomon so I got "vip" treatment, basically just a private booth, free drinks, apetizers, desert, and underage drinking privelages Still cost 150 for my girlfriend and I, but it was weelllll worth it.

Also look into Jaunita Cafe. It's "undercover", but really high class dining. Alot of stars and government figures have ate their before and pictures of them are all over the walls
Old 04-29-08, 07:44 PM
kitsune
Pole Position

Buca de bepo FTW

Samurai Noodles @ Uwajimaya in Chinatown also you can stop buy Kino Kinya to buy some JDM magazines along with some JDM candy and drinks.

Mike
Old 04-29-08, 09:39 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
ohh that place is over priced Vietnamese food i am viet my self and been there twice walk down the street a little on jackson and go to lemon grass way better food plus cheaper price
Never heard of them! Tamarind Tree used to be a lot better than it is now, but they are kinda pricey. I will have to try those others.
Old 04-30-08, 06:08 PM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buca de Bepo
The Old Spaghetti Factory
Is there a Cheesecake Factory in Seattle? I can't remember.

but if you really want to eat the best steak of your life go to RUTH'S CHRIS it is amazing.
Old 04-30-08, 08:17 PM
JDM_Soarer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skaiyun
Honey Court, is commonly known as drunk 3 am club food., But I think you should try the walk on "Belltown" just south of the Space needle on 2ND Ave for inexpensive sushi. Definately not the cheap sushi on the belt. Such restaurants are good for happy hour after 9-11.. Red Finn, Ohana, Wasabi Bistro, Wan, Umi. For american seasfood Flying Fish, and there were a few other suggestions in the previous posts. It really depends on your price range, and what kind of food you like. Seattle.CitySearch.com is a good place to start.

I second Umi's me and my girlsfriend try to go there as much as we can. The rolls are really good have some really strange combinations you would not think of in sushi. If you go there try the Street Fighter roll (spicy). Also take a gamble and try the roll with strawberrys, mango and some other fruit and tuna (I know it sounds nasty but my gf ordered it the last time and it was really good).

Originally Posted by kitsune
Samurai Noodles @ Uwajimaya in Chinatown also you can stop buy Kino Kinya to buy some JDM magazines along with some JDM candy and drinks.
Mike
Samurai noodle is good ramen, the only problem with that place is there are about 6 small tables, and its usually packed, but if your in the area don't pass it up. Just don't plan to do a lot of walking later, its pretty heavy broth, you'll be full.
Old 04-30-08, 08:39 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jcrome04
Buca de Bepo
The Old Spaghetti Factory
Is there a Cheesecake Factory in Seattle? I can't remember.

but if you really want to eat the best steak of your life go to RUTH'S CHRIS it is amazing.
I wasnt too impressed with ruths chris. Dont get me wrong, it is deff. better then your average outback but I thought it was way overpriced for the qaulity. Service wasnt all that great either compared to mortons. Give it a try one day, you'll never go back to ruths chris
Old 05-01-08, 07:15 AM
gdot
Lead Lap

IMO, the best steaks in Seattle are at the Metropolitan Grill.
Old 05-01-08, 06:03 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hands down the best authentic Chineese is, Judy Fu's Snappy Draggon in northgate off 90th and Rosevelt. World famous hand made noodles. Not just self proclaimed.
Old 05-01-08, 06:40 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So many great suggestions, I think I will gain about 20 lbs when I'm back to Atl... I love to eat and my wife is a Thai cuisine cook. She loves travel and spend six months in Netherlands in 2003 for training in European cuisine.

For some reason Seattle always attractive to me because of the music culture. A lot of my favorite bands are from Seattle such as Pearl Jam ,NIrvana,Soundgarden, Queensryche,Foo Fighter and Alice in Chain. I hope I can bump in to Eddie Vedder...lol..

Richie, I know you know some good place to eat in Netherlands...
Old 05-01-08, 09:51 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

my friends parents own a restraunt in bellevue called Thai Grill., Im not sure how "authentic" it is becuase 1) Im not thai nor grew up eating food in thailand and 2) they just call it thai grill becuase thai is more appealing to american society vs Lao just because the word thai is more familiar to a majority of ppl....but I love the food there
Old 05-02-08, 02:29 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mkiiisupra
my friends parents own a restraunt in bellevue called Thai Grill., Im not sure how "authentic" it is becuase 1) Im not thai nor grew up eating food in thailand and 2) they just call it thai grill becuase thai is more appealing to american society vs Lao just because the word thai is more familiar to a majority of ppl....but I love the food there
Been there before and I'm not gonna lie... It's eh.. so so. More of a good quick meal, not a place to go when you want to impress. I am not Thai either, but I cook a lot of Asian foods, so I know a bit Definitely a good place to go when you're looking to just eat.
Old 05-02-08, 05:00 AM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
Been there before and I'm not gonna lie... It's eh.. so so. More of a good quick meal, not a place to go when you want to impress. I am not Thai either, but I cook a lot of Asian foods, so I know a bit Definitely a good place to go when you're looking to just eat.
Ya thats what I was kinda thinkin, kinda on the greasier side. The dad's a "hustler" but the 2 sons are a couple of my best friends so I eat for free...and we all know everything taste better when its free
Old 05-02-08, 01:22 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

another really good restaurant is the yarrow bay grill over in downtown kirkland, close to the bellevue border. its a really nice fine dining restaurant and the food there is just so delicious. heres their website so you can check out their menu. also..keep in mind that their menu's change every day, so somethings might not be there or differ slightly.
http://www.ybgrill.com
Old 05-10-08, 04:27 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chums, great to meeting you and you did a great job on the seven storage parts demo. We're impressed about how you handle all the questions, the right attitude and the way you represented yourself. It's show that you're one of the guy that will move up with your company. We're talked about you at lunch with Pat, John ,Jeff and some of the Lexus corp guys.

Well, I just got back to Atl, love the city and the people that make this city so great. We were there from Tuesday,May 6th to May 10th,but all of the things we're see are an upbeat, positive attitude from everybody. The weather was some what cold for the month of May and we got the change to see some sun light for one day, but overall we're loving it...

We'd checked in at Hyatt in Bellevue and get a quick lunch at Daniel's Broiler in Bellevue( Band of America building) and love the food and the view. The next morning we went to Lexus of Bellevue, man oh man what's a nice facility. It's one of the best facility in the U.S, but the people that work there make it even better. They've master the Kaizen theory to the next level and make it work for them, some thing that I've learned a lot and I wish we have more time to spend at Lexus of Bellevue. I can write up another 2 pages about them if I have time.

Me and my wife spend extra day at the Edgewater Inn in Seattle( after moved from Hyatt). The room has a great view of the waterfront. and the staffs are real nice to help us out.

We went to Space Needle, the Bainbridge island, the Pike Place Market and walkabout the area. It was fun and full of exciting experiences. Me and my wife had lunch at Ivar's, some snack at Lowell's at the Pike place market where Tom Hank's filmed in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle", and dinner at the Salty's. All those restaurants are top notch and fresh sea foods.

Thanks again for all the help and all the recommendations. Gotta love the CL's Seattle crews...
Old 05-10-08, 07:47 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you had a good time. Next time your back in town, post up and we'll get together to show off the cars and some of the hot spots to cruise

Quick Reply: Need suggestion of good local restaurant in Seattle.