Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

sc3 engine removal!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-05, 07:22 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc3 engine removal!

here are some pics of my engine removal today.! it went pretty smooth, considering i mess with this stuff all day @ work.....

first, remove all damaged parts...

then ya prep the garage by moving the tt rx-7 out of the way

now that the rx-7 is out of the way and the damaged parts are out of the way, disconnect the fuellines, any coolant hoses, electrical connectors, powersteering hoses and what ever else is in the way, then ya line up the cherry picker on top of the engine.

once the cherry picker is set, remove the motor and tranny mounts and begin the pulling
process. pulling the ecm harness through the firewall was the most difficult part.

now keep pullin, the engine and trans are completely free.

once ya get the engine fully removed, ya put the engine stand bracket on the engine, then lift the engine on to the stand! and thats it

Last edited by audi2nr; 09-25-05 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-25-05, 08:38 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

good work! too bad she didnt make the birth gonna put it into another SC? future plans?
Old 09-26-05, 08:27 AM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Cool

*bows down.....twice*

You are the man! I admire your work! And to think I am struggling just trying to put some shocks/struts on the Jetta I bought for my sister!
Old 09-26-05, 11:26 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blk on blk
*bows down.....twice*

You are the man! I admire your work! And to think I am struggling just trying to put some shocks/struts on the Jetta I bought for my sister!
hey big brother! man there are these TRD springs I would just LOVE
Old 09-26-05, 06:25 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That RX7 looks like fun

Mad props... no way I could do that!
Old 09-26-05, 07:11 PM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Talking

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
hey big brother! man there are these TRD springs I would just LOVE
LOL!

Man...audi...I wanna learn! Let me hand you some wrenches and stuff!
Old 09-26-05, 08:25 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

blk!
if u got a place to work on your car, i'll bring my tools and we can do some work. just gotta lemme know!

nos!
ya the rx is tight, its got a aftermarket greddy ic, intake and someother stuff and its chipped. gotta fix the ignition timing first though..... puts down bout 380 ish to the ground. its on like 18x10's in the rear and 18x9's in the front. o ya of course open exaust and a lip spoiler and sideskirts + coils. its the drifter, when its running! lol

trd,
u guessed it right! im gonna build the engine while its out of a sc, then maybe next summer i will find a 5speed to put it in. hopefully white
Old 09-27-05, 12:18 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by audi2nr
blk!
if u got a place to work on your car, i'll bring my tools and we can do some work. just gotta lemme know!

nos!
ya the rx is tight, its got a aftermarket greddy ic, intake and someother stuff and its chipped. gotta fix the ignition timing first though..... puts down bout 380 ish to the ground. its on like 18x10's in the rear and 18x9's in the front. o ya of course open exaust and a lip spoiler and sideskirts + coils. its the drifter, when its running! lol

trd,
u guessed it right! im gonna build the engine while its out of a sc, then maybe next summer i will find a 5speed to put it in. hopefully white
ahhhhh pearl white such a beautiful color.
Old 09-27-05, 08:39 AM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Exclamation

Audi...I think it's time you get your own shop up and running man...it's obvious you enjoy this stuff...if you feel like chatting you know my #.

I could def use some help on that...maybe NoS & TRD can come help...or maybe NoS can help you and TRD can help me watch Ok...so, I feel a mini meet coming up for that....any dates work better for you? She turns 16 in Feb so we have PLEANTY of time...and I don't want to intrude on the SC situation. Your the boss...
Old 09-27-05, 12:37 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Audi...I think it's time you get your own shop up and running man...it's obvious you enjoy this stuff...if you feel like chatting you know my #.

I could def use some help on that...maybe NoS & TRD can come help...or maybe NoS can help you and TRD can help me watch Ok...so, I feel a mini meet coming up for that....any dates work better for you? She turns 16 in Feb so we have PLEANTY of time...and I don't want to intrude on the SC situation. Your the boss...
I would love to help watch!
Old 09-27-05, 08:30 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

well, im not usually in the mood to work on cars on the weekdays unless i have to, but i can do friday afternoons and weekends are definatly open because i dont work then. ya know i would love to open my own shop man but ya gotta have a good amount of capital before ya start, then ya need to buy shop equipment, tire machines/tire balancers, car lifts, any special tools ya need, because time is money and if u dont have the right tools it takes longer to fix things, and on and on blah blah..... but in the future i do plan on opening some sort of performance tuning shop with my buddy. but thats after my carreer as an audi tech! but anyway ya feb is a long way away! my b day is in feb too, its on the 16th. so what exactly do we need to do to the car? ooh hey if any of u guys have audi's/vw's that need parts, drop me a line! i gots the hook ups! lol hey eli, no worries on the sc situation, im pretty broke since im still paying school loans, so the sc project aint gonna be done for a bit. hopefully...................... i tend to spend money on useless car crap anyway, so who knows i might have a 450hp sc before christmas. lol

Last edited by audi2nr; 09-27-05 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-28-05, 08:41 AM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Exclamation Weekends

Work best for me as well.

As far as the part goes, I was planning on picking these up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

From what I see they are a pretty decent price...any suggestions? Buy them, don't buy them? Like I said...this car is for my little sister so I want to make sure things last for her ya know? What's your opinion on the '97 Jetta GT anyway? I know I know...I should probably roam the VW forums for a bit...but I figure I am gonna pick your brain for a bit since you dive into these things on a daily basis.

Hey guys...keep your eyes peeled for a mini meet soon with this!
Old 09-28-05, 08:46 AM
blk on blk
Lead Lap

Arrow On to more importaint things...

Like I said Audi...if your interested...we should chat. I am not promising the world...but if you recall the first meet I had been working on something for about a year at that point, and now things are MUCH closer. I am not saying that we even have to do anything together (you already have a business partner picked out) but if you ever wanted to chat about it let me know! Hopefully we will be having shop meets soon guys!
Old 09-28-05, 05:21 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said Audi...if your interested...we should chat. I am not promising the world...but if you recall the first meet I had been working on something for about a year at that point, and now things are MUCH closer. I am not saying that we even have to do anything together (you already have a business partner picked out) but if you ever wanted to chat about it let me know! Hopefully we will be having shop meets soon guys!
LOL Well if everyone else is opening a shop I might as well join in a open a shop too But I will only do work on pure Honda ricey lol (I have seen about a hundred this week driving to work in fife and after to des moines to the college, its a shame.....)

And audi I hear ya, right now I am driving my parents Mazda MX3 as my daily driver and its the worst car ever! and my parents agree 110% which is why I am looking for my own daily driver... but something more fun and much much much more power And I forgot... just wondering if your older than me?
Old 09-28-05, 06:33 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NoS
LOL Well if everyone else is opening a shop I might as well join in a open a shop too But I will only do work on pure Honda ricey lol (I have seen about a hundred this week driving to work in fife and after to des moines to the college, its a shame.....)

And audi I hear ya, right now I am driving my parents Mazda MX3 as my daily driver and its the worst car ever! and my parents agree 110% which is why I am looking for my own daily driver... but something more fun and much much much more power And I forgot... just wondering if your older than me?

yo nos, so u are in school in iowa? thats cool, ya i downgraded from the lex to my first car, the jeep... lol its not bad though i love the jeep in a totally diffrent way then the lex. 4x4ing is another thing i enjoy, so in a way im glad i have the jeep beacuse i can still go offroad and drive up to whistler and such. i couldent imagine the sc in the snow and mountains! im sure it would be exciting though. whoops almost forgot... im 20, i will be 21 next feb! i cant wait!!!

Last edited by audi2nr; 09-28-05 at 07:08 PM.

Quick Reply: sc3 engine removal!