Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

More SF Meet pictures!

Old 03-01-01, 12:28 AM
hlee1169
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I've posted more pictures of the SF Meet at
http://homepage.mac.com/hlee1169/PhotoAlbum1.html

There are close-up pictures of a GS400 with RMM's body kits, Calvin's GS, GS400 from MAS Wheels, Martin Kraft's GS400, the special IS300 from So. Calif, and the 3 Supra's from Nomura Tuning & Design. Check them out!
Old 03-01-01, 01:29 AM
edgarg4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool More pictures

More pictures from SF meet at 2/25....

http://photos.yahoo.com/edgarcheng
Old 03-01-01, 08:23 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up Tight!

Tht was phatt and all that! I hope to gather a meet like that here in Dallas this summer!
Old 03-01-01, 09:49 PM
Grush
Rookie

Angry

Did you notice how badly the color match is on the plastic painted bumper next to the front quarter panel? It shows real clearly on "just another 400". I think this practice by car manufacturers, having all the plastic parts painted somewhere else and then delivered for assembly, stinks for this level of car. Different paint batch, metallic sprayed at different angles...not acceptable. My '01 gold GS isn't even close on the front bumper to the qtr pnl. Sad. My white GS was the worst! If they meant to create a 2-tone then sell it that way!

OK, I got it off my chest. Great photos though!
Old 03-01-01, 10:13 PM
hlee1169
Rookie

You mean the picture with the comment, "Another GS4 lowered with custom rims," right? Initially I had the same impression as you did, but after carefully examined the picture, I think the white part of the bumper is actually the reflection of another car right next it. If you look at it closely, you can see it's the rear of another car. Go look at it again.

I have a white GS400, but I don't think I see the paint discoloring between the bumper and the body. Maybe the gold color is more obvious on this area?
Old 03-01-01, 10:49 PM
Grush
Rookie

That's the pic.Sorry for the mis-quote. However, not a reflection. The left front bumper is a different shade than the 4-panel and hood. Agreed, the different angle of metallic can affect the appearance also.
Old 03-02-01, 12:42 AM
hlee1169
Rookie

After re-examing the photo on the web and the original on paper, I agree with you that the paint color is different. I've never noticed it on my white car, but maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention. This silver GS makes it real obvious.
Old 03-03-01, 12:21 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Cool Re: Tight!

Hey TXSTYLE, good idea. Im just south of you in Austin. Get all the other Texas members involved. Ill definately make that road trip. Tiny

Last edited by tinygs; 03-03-01 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-03-01, 01:18 AM
VeilSideGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up

Nice meet and pic of all the Lexus's...did you guys notice that all the cars are either silver...white or black?? :P I guess no one likes the blue color....i wish I got the blue color but they didn't have it in stock when I went to get my GS so mine is currently white :P does anyone know who's custom enclosure that is in the other link to the SF meet?
Old 03-03-01, 01:23 AM
hlee1169
Rookie

Default color

Yeah, when I first arrived, every GS I saw is silver. Mine is the first white GS. More silver GS arrived before another white and two black GS added to the mix. I know white is hard to find because I was having a hard time when I was buying a GS. Or maybe silver GS looks more performance oriented than the other color, except black.
Old 03-03-01, 03:17 AM
HIBBoyScott

Originally posted by Grush
That's the pic.Sorry for the mis-quote. However, not a reflection. The left front bumper is a different shade than the 4-panel and hood. Agreed, the different angle of metallic can affect the appearance also.
i think that is a reflection in the picture...i see what looks to me like the wheel of another car right next to the amber reflector on the left side.
Old 03-03-01, 06:19 AM
Grush
Rookie

I see the relection of the car next to it. That doesn't affect the color of thepainted panels you're seeing. It's drastic. Go look at your own car at that same area and you'll see just how off the match is. Remember, they paint the plastic panels in a different location, not when they paint the car. So there will never be an exact match, and some will be better/worse than others.
Old 03-03-01, 11:34 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

There was like a TSB for discoloration of the plastic lower panels on White GSes. It was a defect. I guess the dealerships would repaint the panels to properly match your paint again.

Brian
Old 03-04-01, 02:54 AM
di60da
Driver School Candidate

Hi i am new to the board. i am just wondering where to get the information about this meet.
Old 03-04-01, 07:36 AM
Grush
Rookie

Talking

I think like Brian's correct re the TSB.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More SF Meet pictures!