Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Any body looking for a tax deduction?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-04, 10:33 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any body looking for a tax deduction?

Deleted for privacy

Last edited by Woogie; 07-19-20 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-26-04, 10:43 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Deleted for privacy

Last edited by Woogie; 07-19-20 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-28-04, 10:33 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woogie, I'm not sure I understand your science fair project..."Positron Emission Tomography" in how it relates to Agriscience.

In the medical field, Positron Emission Tomography, or PET as we call it, is a diagnostic procedure that allows a doc to examine the brain, heart and other organs throughout the body. In a nut shell, PET images show the chemical functioning of an organ or tissue. Many times, patients who are having a PET scan are there because they have developed different stages of cancer somewhere in the body...

I'm curious how your science fair project is going? Can you shed some light on it? Thanks man

Ken
Old 09-29-04, 04:47 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Deleted for privacy

Last edited by Woogie; 07-19-20 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-14-04, 09:22 AM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default wow

Thats really cool.... I'd like to hear how you do. Breeding show animals is very interesting to me and I know with chickens many of the nicer ones get cancer early on and that rare birds like the true bred RIR and RIR whites are going extinct with small gene pools. (love my chickens) Your project is very interesting, I'm quite into the sciences and maybe some day people will take the inititiave to apply your idea. I'd like to know more.

Old 10-14-04, 04:27 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Deleted for privacy

Old 10-14-04, 07:07 PM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

Very true, I was thinking though, if you can positively identify the cancer and use that lazor cutting thing which I don't know is usable yet, then you can have minimal stress on the animal. Or.. this summer I worked with some pepple in the lab on nano particles that may have the capability to locate the tumors and kill them with the material that I can not identify for research reasons bound to the particles. Your idea can be applied for positivetly identifying the presence of cancer and then the nano particles can be used to destroy. The nano particles have many years to come though for the perfection of syntesis of basic particles is still a problem. Sorry if I make no sence and my grammer sucks, it's been a long day and am still not done with what I need done.
Old 10-15-04, 04:19 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Deleted for privacy

Old 10-15-04, 05:25 PM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

Yeah, it is very interesting. If you search for nonoparticles and cancer targeting on pubmed.com you can find tons of articles. Its still highly experimental though and the question of safety/effect on human/living heath is still a topic of concern though. No one knows if there are any bad side effects of these particles, especially when drugs are attached or inorganic particles are used.
Old 10-17-04, 08:10 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

I need another project to take on. I would like for it to deal with animals and involves medicine or something like that...
Old 10-17-04, 10:56 PM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

hmm.... i dunno, not too good in thinking of experiments, just know how to do things in the lab inorder to find the answer to a quetstion that is already posed... are you a college student? I bet if you go talk to some professors they can give you insight on things that are not of common knowledge that you can make a cool project out of. Maybe something utalized for human health can be applied to your choice of animal for your next project.