NX F Sport vs. 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-15, 12:50 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Lots of good points above.

Coles Notes version.

Murano: Smooth, refined, quiet midsize crossover with a questionable CVT.
NX: More driver focused compact SUV with exemplary Lexus service and reliability track record.

Flip a coin or buy what your gut tells you. Can't really go wrong with either.
Old 06-11-15, 08:03 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have not driven either, but I'll have to admit that I've pulled up to two Murano Platinum editions recently at stoplights and thought "wow". The shape of it and the nicely designed wheels make for quite an outstanding looking car. I don't think we will get one because it is much bigger than we need. Nice looking crossover though.
Old 07-06-15, 01:47 PM
semco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im getting stuck between two of these...........dont know what to buy for wife with child.
Old 07-06-15, 06:00 PM
gooner
Driver School Candidate

Red face

Originally Posted by semco
Im getting stuck between two of these...........dont know what to buy for wife with child.
I had Murano for 7 years and traded one for NX last month. Loved Murano, but after test driving the new one, decided go with NX. Two different animals: one is roomier and more suitable for a family of 3,but the NX is way more fun. Yes, empty nesters want to have fun too.
Old 07-06-15, 06:22 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

If you are liking the Murano so much, perhaps you should wait for the new RX350. It looks even better, and you would have Lexus quality and no CVT !
The Murano is not doing well in my area. There are 42 on the lot, and they are offering discounts because they are not selling well. If you have experienced a Nissan CVT, you would know why. We had one !
Old 07-06-15, 06:28 PM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know, it's funny. With all the debate over how the front of our NX's look, I don't like the front of the Murano...at all. In fact, I'm not liking Nissans new corporate grille look across their lineup, now. Acura also turned me off years ago when they introduced "the beak".

To each their own, though.
Old 07-06-15, 08:14 PM
semco
Driver School Candidate

never drove a murano, but still have the pathfinder 2012 and like it a lot for off road capability etc...nice car, but the rear seats are bad, no reclining etc....way bad.

Regarding to the NX: looking for NX200t F-sport, really like its design etc...however there is no beige interior, so must go only with 200t or 300....which is sucks, and if will go with that then will need to re-costomize it, get F-sport front and rear bumpers + artisan spoilers....also some kind afraid of using these LED headlights, in my point the HID is way better....what would u say about it

Just checked the new 2016 RX....seems the front is from NX and rear is from murano! LOL..........nice hot looking machine.

Last edited by semco; 07-06-15 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-07-15, 02:34 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

also some kind afraid of using these LED headlights, in my point the HID is way better....what would u say about it
Don't be afraid of the LED's on this car. Whether you go with the premium triple beam full-LED or the standard LED (with halogen high beams), these will out perform the standard xenon HID's all night. Do I have physical proof, no, but I have had xenon's for 10 years and my unofficial view from behind the wheel says these are as good if not better with light output and down the road illumination. All reviews that happen to mention this feature also comment on their effectiveness.

Last edited by D4V1D; 07-07-15 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-10-15, 08:06 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also initially was starting to like everything about the new Murano, but they took away the rain-sensing wipers that used to be available on the LE model, and now even the Platinum model does not have that feature. I don't want to lose the rain-sensing wipers. Also, the Murano has grown in length and I think I would have issues parking it in my garage
Old 05-01-16, 11:15 PM
lexusbexus
Rookie

We considered the Murano as well and test drove it. I really liked the design except for the bulky front - it feels like two different cars, a gorgeous back half and a bulky front that doesn't go with it. I could've lived with it though if their exterior colors weren't so basic and dull. I was limited to white basically. I also thought the interior fell a bit short of the hype. The seats and room were definitely great, but the console materials and manufacturing felt cheap. For color I was again limited to the brown (others being cream and black, like the NX), which is nowhere as nice as the NX's equivalent Flaxen.

I actually thought the drive was quite nice, however. Very smooth and powerful engine. Liked the small turning radius too. Just felt like a good combination of nimble and powerful overall. I know there have been lots of complaints about Nissan's CVT, but I read reviews saying they made improvements with the Murano and didn't have any complaints after a lengthy drive.

If Nissan had above average reliability and the SL (the trim I would've gotten) was a bit cheaper, then I would have strongly considered it over the NX.
Old 05-02-16, 01:31 AM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I owned my new Murano Platinum for 6 months now and loved it better than the new RX350. The nX was too small and to me felt like the interior lacked the technology of the Murano. The CVT mimics a conventional automatic above 50% throttle and the reliable VQ motor is more than enough power and torque.

Gas mileage is great and putting regular gas in again made it a perfect everyday driver
Murano
Old 05-02-16, 03:50 AM
Mr645
Pole Position

Another big issues with the XVT is that Nissan does not stand behind them once the warranty ends. Here in South FL there is a whole club made up of people who bought Nissans with the CVT. Several members have had failures after the warranty is over due to miles. One lady has a 2013, 30 months old but 4000 miles past warranty and the CVT failed, $6000 repair and Nissan says tough luck. Several others in the area with similar stories. One woman had a problem in an Altima with 15,000 miles and Nissan told her it's not covered because of abuse. This abuse is from having a trailer hitch installed to carry bikes. he dealer at least filed a review in her behalf saying that the trailer hitch has no lighting or wiring installed so could not have been used to tow a trailer. we'll see. Most other brands step up and go well beyond to solve issues with new technology. VW and their DSG for instance.
Old 05-02-16, 07:05 AM
tommytqt
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ACF156
I had the opportunity to test drive the NX F Sport at a Lexus sponsored event, but have not test driven the new Murano. I realize that Nissan is not a "luxury" brand; however, we have a fully loaded 2010 Pathfinder that we love. I have a 2007 Acura TSX which has 150K and I'm looking at the NX F Sport and possibly the new Murano, which fully loaded, is about the same price as the options I'd like on the F Sport. Any feedback from folks who have checked out a new, comparably equipped Platinum trim Murano vs. the NX F Sport? I know it's not "apples to apples," but I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
Damn, i have the same 07 TSX but only 70k miles on it :P
Old 05-02-16, 01:19 PM
semco
Driver School Candidate

I opted not buying 16 Murano Prem. as it lacks some features I wanted to get, so ended up driving 16 Tucson 1.6TUltimate and love it..
Old 05-05-16, 10:06 AM
zerocypher
Driver School Candidate

I was deciding between the NX F Sport and the Murano Platinum as well but the CVT issue made it an easy choice to go with the NX, although I think the RX is a better comparison than the NX.

Quick Reply: NX F Sport vs. 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum