NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Appt with Lexus Made - 800 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-15, 05:28 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

@mrsinsyder, to be clear, it's normal to have some creasing in the steering wheel along the stitching due to the way the leather is stretched and curved. Yours has more than what I would consider "normal". However, is it a defect? It's arguable and will depend on how the dealer interprets it. If it were my dealer and I was not happy with the steering wheel, they would replace it without question. They did that to my CT and my 2IS headrest (which had misaligned stitching). As per leej865, if it bothers you, go to the dealer and see what they can do - it won't hurt to ask! Good luck.
Old 06-08-15, 03:39 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to take so long to get back to this, I had to spend my weekend pulling the top half off of my Camaro's motor because it refuses to run... Its a shock to think that at 3 yrs and 10k miles later, a GM car would be expected to run... ugh

But as for Lexus....I am reminded why the service advisor at the dealership is not a "giving" person.

His excuse on my seats and steering wheel are that they are different from the IS, and I can't dare compare them. I feel like I'm dealing with a dealership that is no different that any other.

He rescheduled my 10th apt for the 17th because "You need a factory rep to approve a new seat cover". He refuses to do anything else otherwise. Same with the steering wheel.

As for the doors, we go for a ride, and you get the vibe he is intentionally trying not to hear anything. Eventually, after a while, I am able to reproduce the vibrations in the passenger front and back doors. His temporary solution, he puts some silicone lube on a rag and wipes the doors. Did it do anything? Absolutely #%(*#$ not.

I'll probably stop here for now because I don't really have a nice thing to say at all right now
Old 06-08-15, 04:21 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks, Swacer.

I've never owned a Lexus before now, only Acura's and Mercedes Benz. Luckily, I never had anything to really complain about, but if i ever do, I expect, no DEMAND, it to be rectified. I try and keep my emotions in check, but i WILL get SERIOUS attitude, in the showroom if necessary, in order to get across the passion I have about the problem.

So far, my dealer has been extremely nice...of course, i guess they all are until a problem arises, then you can see where you really stand.
Old 06-08-15, 04:50 AM
leej865
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Sorry to take so long to get back to this, I had to spend my weekend pulling the top half off of my Camaro's motor because it refuses to run... Its a shock to think that at 3 yrs and 10k miles later, a GM car would be expected to run... ugh

But as for Lexus....I am reminded why the service advisor at the dealership is not a "giving" person.

His excuse on my seats and steering wheel are that they are different from the IS, and I can't dare compare them. I feel like I'm dealing with a dealership that is no different that any other.

He rescheduled my 10th apt for the 17th because "You need a factory rep to approve a new seat cover". He refuses to do anything else otherwise. Same with the steering wheel.

As for the doors, we go for a ride, and you get the vibe he is intentionally trying not to hear anything. Eventually, after a while, I am able to reproduce the vibrations in the passenger front and back doors. His temporary solution, he puts some silicone lube on a rag and wipes the doors. Did it do anything? Absolutely #%(*#$ not.

I'll probably stop here for now because I don't really have a nice thing to say at all right now
I'm sorry...you don't seem to have very good luck with your vehicles.
Old 06-08-15, 04:58 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by leej865
I'm sorry...you don't seem to have very good luck with your vehicles.
Not really

Camaro I feared the worst, because it wouldn't idle and had a chirp in the exhaust. I began to wonder if it ate a lifter. You don't catch the lifter in time, it will take the block with it. I take offense to that because I'm yet to do any work to the engine. Everything thus far has been boltons and tuning.

Pulled the valve covers, they all looked normal, no push rods bent, no metal shards in the head. I didn't pull the push rods, but they didn't show any signs of wear or tear. Pulled the plugs, found a bit of particulate on them, but nothing out of the ordinary. Put the car back together, still won't idle.

If I had my cam in the car already, I would see this as my fault, and that I caused the issue of the car being able to run, but I haven't. So why am I running into issues internally? Either way, now I'm gonna have to pull swap the spark plugs, and now I'm looking at the gas tank to see if I can determine if the gas went bad (gas has been in there since October of 2014 w/ Stabil in it).

Needless to say, I would have appreciated my Toyota not causing me any headaches
Old 06-08-15, 05:14 AM
leej865
Driver

Originally Posted by D4V1D
That sucks, Swacer.

I've never owned a Lexus before now, only Acura's and Mercedes Benz. Luckily, I never had anything to really complain about, but if i ever do, I expect, no DEMAND, it to be rectified. I try and keep my emotions in check, but i WILL get SERIOUS attitude, in the showroom if necessary, in order to get across the passion I have about the problem.

So far, my dealer has been extremely nice...of course, i guess they all are until a problem arises, then you can see where you really stand.
I might rethink your approach...'attitude and demands' will not go far in resolving any situation. It's one thing to be assertive to stand your ground, but you'll find that being level-headed, knowledgeable in your defense, and respectful will get you a lot further. This is true in any customer service situation.
Old 06-08-15, 06:03 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Not really

Camaro I feared the worst, because it wouldn't idle and had a chirp in the exhaust. I began to wonder if it ate a lifter. You don't catch the lifter in time, it will take the block with it. I take offense to that because I'm yet to do any work to the engine. Everything thus far has been boltons and tuning.

Pulled the valve covers, they all looked normal, no push rods bent, no metal shards in the head. I didn't pull the push rods, but they didn't show any signs of wear or tear. Pulled the plugs, found a bit of particulate on them, but nothing out of the ordinary. Put the car back together, still won't idle.

If I had my cam in the car already, I would see this as my fault, and that I caused the issue of the car being able to run, but I haven't. So why am I running into issues internally? Either way, now I'm gonna have to pull swap the spark plugs, and now I'm looking at the gas tank to see if I can determine if the gas went bad (gas has been in there since October of 2014 w/ Stabil in it).

Needless to say, I would have appreciated my Toyota not causing me any headaches
Any chance the Camaro still has the powertrain warranty in effect? It might be covered.

Regarding the NX, is going to another dealership an option?
Old 06-08-15, 06:27 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Any chance the Camaro still has the powertrain warranty in effect? It might be covered.

Regarding the NX, is going to another dealership an option?
Powertrain warranty would only work if the dealership isn't butthurt over the tune in the car. I have one shop that isn't too far from me that I might use, they seem to be mod friendly. I might swap the plugs in the next night or so, then leave the car unplugged and see if I can reset the fuel tables.

And as for the NX, not really. The ownership group that owns my closest dealership, also owns the 2nd closest, and those are the only 2 in western pa.
Old 06-08-15, 09:09 AM
aIRpeACE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the steering wheel issue looks normal.
Old 06-11-15, 03:53 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Welp, swapped plugs yesterday and put 5 new gallons in along with Lucas fuel treatment.

Car seems to idle better, not perfect, but seems its on the other side of the hill now. I'm going to try to drain the entire tank, probably swap spark plugs again, pull fuses to reset my fuel tables, and see if I can get the idle back to normal.

Getting there...though mentally exhausted.
Old 06-11-15, 05:31 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

The customer service that you seem to be getting is not the norm for Lexus. With my recent issue and having the Differential replaced, they treated me like gold. I was waiting myself to see what would happen after I wasn't happy needing this done after a month of ownership. I couldn't be happier with the service I received. I hope they can get your issues straightened out with the customer service that should be as a Lexus dealership.
Old 06-11-15, 06:03 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ronn1
The customer service that you seem to be getting is not the norm for Lexus. With my recent issue and having the Differential replaced, they treated me like gold. I was waiting myself to see what would happen after I wasn't happy needing this done after a month of ownership. I couldn't be happier with the service I received. I hope they can get your issues straightened out with the customer service that should be as a Lexus dealership.
I agree. This is the same dealership that required 3 attempts to put a spoiler on my wife's IS.

So I sent an email to them today giving them a list of 6 items they need to make sure are addressed. I also told them I will not accept the car back until the vibrations are solved. If they don't open the door panel, I'm eventually going to get furious enough, that I will. The general manager told me he would make sure it was fixed to my satisfaction, so here's to hoping.

Then I found after the service manager rode in my car, that my door seal (the metal Lexus seal) was scratched. My wife knows by dealing with me, that you pick your feet up and over that. So I know it was done by him, but I can't prove it. Which I find to be very carless and not respectful of my car. So now when it goes in, I'm going to have to put painters tape over them to make sure people DON"T scratch them again....

For a dealership that sells SO many cars...and the fact I've spent nearly the price of a GT-R there in the last year.....I expected more And if it continues, I can't promise I'll be nice much longer

Last edited by Swacer; 06-11-15 at 06:06 AM.
Old 06-12-15, 10:12 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I did send an email to my service manager yesterday stating that I will not take the car back until the sounds are gone.

I spoke to the general manager before I left that day and he promised me that it all would be taken care of to my satisfaction. So I made sure to mention that as well. So, lets see how that goes next week.

On a good note, got the Camaro running, not perfect but I'm beginning to determine that either there is water in the gas tank, or I need to perhaps replace a coil pack/plug wires. Its possible that my headers cooked a wire, but I will need to get a tuner to hook up to my car and let me see the firing current before I am able to do that though. But I will tell you, roof and windows down, no radio can beat the sound of a purring LS3 out headers

happy Friday
Old 06-12-15, 10:47 AM
camarogran
Driver School Candidate

I did send an email to my service manager yesterday stating that I will not take the car back until the sounds are gone.

I spoke to the general manager before I left that day and he promised me that it all would be taken care of to my satisfaction. So I made sure to mention that as well. So, lets see how that goes next week.

On a good note, got the Camaro running, not perfect but I'm beginning to determine that either there is water in the gas tank, or I need to perhaps replace a coil pack/plug wires. Its possible that my headers cooked a wire, but I will need to get a tuner to hook up to my car and let me see the firing current before I am able to do that though. But I will tell you, roof and windows down, no radio can beat the sound of a purring LS3 out headers

happy Friday
Damn swacer you have as much bad luck as me iN regards to car issues and service issues. Like 2 years ago one of my lifters went bad. Had to take it to tune shop to get the tune removed before I took it on. I blame my tune though because it felt they had the max rpm on the shifts 2 high. anyways while they were fixing that they dented my car, scratched my steering wheel. Everything fixed but not with allot of trouble. The dealer also likeD to blame my dash kit for a bad fuse box later on and as well for tpms issues. It was not my aftermarket parts after all and they had to pay my shop for the uninstall. They said next time u have an issue take everything that is not factory off. Tint, dash kit, wheels, etc. I then asked for refund on remainder service contract and said bye to them.

Can u not go to another dealer?
Old 06-12-15, 10:51 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Dealer issue is Lexus lol And the 2 Lexus dealers in this side of the state are owned by the same people. So 6 this way, half dozen another. lol

As for the Camaro, I don't think the issue is internal, though I did a lot of research on failed lifters there for a while. I have no "odd" sounds in the engine bay and the valve train is solid. I think its a mixture of bad fuel, perhaps a bad electrical (coil or wire), and it screwing up my tune. Tune has been in the car since 2013 without issues.

And I stay away from the local Chevy dealers around here. My closest one had no idea what they talked about, my selling dealer is a crook, and the other "performance" dealership wanted to blame my tune, and then said that cars that run rich usually overheat...which is the opposite of the truth. Hard to find someone you can trust lol I just need the motor to last until I can take it to my cam guy next spring and let him just tear the entire car apart lol.

Quick Reply: Appt with Lexus Made - 800 Miles