NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Any compliments for your NX? Any interesting stories? (Merged Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-15, 10:13 PM
bostonb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any compliments for your NX? Any interesting stories? (Merged Thread)

Just curious if people have had others come up to them to compliment you on your NX. This is my first luxury vehicle in my 35 years of life and so I wasn't used to it when someone came up to me just as I was parking to tell me that my car was badass. It's only happened that one time in 3 months, tho. I'm sure you guys must have some stories.. definitely curious to hear about your experiences if you're willing to share.
Old 04-07-15, 08:24 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonb
Just curious if people have had others come up to them to compliment you on your NX. This is my first luxury vehicle in my 35 years of life and so I wasn't used to it when someone came up to me just as I was parking to tell me that my car was badass. It's only happened that one time in 3 months, tho. I'm sure you guys must have some stories.. definitely curious to hear about your experiences if you're willing to share.
When my NX was about two weeks old, I stopped in a rural Tennessee town to get gas. As I was finishing a little old lady (70-ish) in a big, well-kept, baby blue Mercury Marquis stopped and rolled down her window to ask me "What kind of car is that?" and proceeded to tell me how nice it was and how proud I should be to own it.

I smiled for the rest of that trip!
Old 04-07-15, 09:25 AM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see people turning and looking at my car while driving, I've had my car for two weeks and two different people approached to me and asked about the car all both said that it's a beautiful car and they like the shape of it and also pointed out the color of the car as well.

Still getting used to it since that has never happened to me before.
Old 04-07-15, 11:48 AM
Tonyy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my NX for about a month and have been complimented by strangers 5 times already.

Most likely because it's still rare to see them often and the design makes it stand out from the crowd.
Old 04-07-15, 04:48 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

My most memorable time was recently when I went to a Lexus dealer (not where I buy my Lexus vehicles) to check out the RC F they had in the showroom. As I was I parking my NX outside, two sales advisors from inside the showroom were chit chatting while looking out at my NX. When I went in the showroom, they were more interested in my NX than serving me on a potential sale on the RC F.

They loved the wheels the most and how much they said it transformed the car. In fact, the Service Manager then came to me, asked me about the wheels, and wrote down the brand.
Old 04-07-15, 05:26 PM
bostonb
Rookie

Great reads, guys! As NX owners, I think we all feel pretty proud just reading through the stories themselves. Very interesting and thanks again for sharing!

I also just recalled a funny story involving an error on my part. So for some reason, I thought I was supposed to get my first service at the 1k mark. Not sure how that was engraved in my head, but I really thought I had to bring it back in the first 1k. Didn't think much of it because 1) it's the first model of its kind and so I figured they would want to look things over to make sure things are good 2) I never owned a Lexus so I thought it was the norm.

Anyway, so I booked my appointment online at my dealership. I even wrote, "Service for 1K miles". They accepted the appointment. When I showed up that day, I drove into the service area and I could see at least three people working there staring at the vehicle, kind of in awe. Then one of the guys came up to me and was like, "This is the first NX we have seen come through here." Of course, they turned me away because the first service is actually at 5k. I wasted about 50 miles for nothing just driving there, but ah well, that was kind of a neat experience to see their reaction and I can now say my NX truly "was" the first NX that came through there!
Old 04-08-15, 08:35 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I was driving in the middle lane and coming toward a stop light. I could see to my left a car that seemed to be matching my speed and staying just a little behind. I assumed they were trying to get a longer look at my NX.

When I came to a stop, she stopped as well even though there was more room for them to move up. Then she leaned over and gave a thumbs up and started saying something. I rolled down the window and she asked about the NX and said "good job" on the car (I thought that was interesting). Then went on to say she liked the color (Atomic Silver). She was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Old 04-09-15, 08:09 AM
bostonb
Rookie

Originally Posted by typocl
I was driving in the middle lane and coming toward a stop light. I could see to my left a car that seemed to be matching my speed and staying just a little behind. I assumed they were trying to get a longer look at my NX.

When I came to a stop, she stopped as well even though there was more room for them to move up. Then she leaned over and gave a thumbs up and started saying something. I rolled down the window and she asked about the NX and said "good job" on the car (I thought that was interesting). Then went on to say she liked the color (Atomic Silver). She was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Cool! I was kinda expecting at the end: "...and that's how I met my wife."
Old 05-30-15, 02:38 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The NX is a real attention getter. Share your interesting stories...

I got many so far...

Just today, I was driving in mid town (ATL) and a chick and her date were walking the street. I assume they were either going to or coming from having dinner. And I pulled up to the light....she was very attractive, so I was checking her out. And as she walked by, she couldn't take her eyes off me and the car, to the point, the guy she was with had to turn around and had a look like "what the f*&^!@ are you looking at". Lmao

Another time, I had a woman come up and want to open up the doors and lift gate to see how much room the car had. She was nice so I obliged.

I hang out alot at night on the weekends and the attention this car gets sometimes causes me some concern...just because random strangers coming up to you, in the middle of the night, in a parking lot, to talk to you about your car puts you on high alert. nothing has happened so far but you never know.
Old 05-30-15, 05:53 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Interesting for sure.....I haven't had that many come up to me, but on the road a lady almost went off the road looking at mine, I guess I was too old for her to look at me LOL Last week, an RX went by and the whole family in the vehicle turned around and looked at my car, and they actually slowed down to get beside it again, and then they stayed the speed I was going for awhile. Beware of accidents with the looks LOL !
On a final note, while parked at work, I notice many fingerprints on the windows quite often, so people are going up to it during the day and having a look. I always keep it very clean, so I know when someone has been lurking around LOL Belts, buckles and rings and stuff can scratch paint, so I don't get excited when people are against the NX.
Old 05-30-15, 05:16 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Interesting for sure.....I haven't had that many come up to me, but on the road a lady almost went off the road looking at mine, I guess I was too old for her to look at me LOL Last week, an RX went by and the whole family in the vehicle turned around and looked at my car, and they actually slowed down to get beside it again, and then they stayed the speed I was going for awhile. Beware of accidents with the looks LOL !
On a final note, while parked at work, I notice many fingerprints on the windows quite often, so people are going up to it during the day and having a look. I always keep it very clean, so I know when someone has been lurking around LOL Belts, buckles and rings and stuff can scratch paint, so I don't get excited when people are against the NX.
as long as she didn't hit you. lol
Old 05-31-15, 04:07 AM
leej865
Driver

I guess people aren't getting many compliments...I finally found this thread on Page 7! Lexus styling remains polarizing with the NX...people either love it or hate it.

Yesterday, while returning to my NX from one of those big box stores, I pressed the auto lift gate button on my keyfob...this car comes circling around in the parking lot and drives up to me and stops and this guy says, "Wow...I don't even like Lexus SUVs, but that thing is beautiful!". So, finally someone else out there appreciates the origami design.

Last edited by leej865; 05-31-15 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-31-15, 04:12 AM
leej865
Driver

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I got many so far...

Just today, I was driving in mid town (ATL) and a chick and her date were walking the street. I assume they were either going to or coming from having dinner. And I pulled up to the light....she was very attractive, so I was checking her out. And as she walked by, she couldn't take her eyes off me and the car, to the point, the guy she was with had to turn around and had a look like "what the f*&^!@ are you looking at". Lmao

Another time, I had a woman come up and want to open up the doors and lift gate to see how much room the car had. She was nice so I obliged.

I hang out alot at night on the weekends and the attention this car gets sometimes causes me some concern...just because random strangers coming up to you, in the middle of the night, in a parking lot, to talk to you about your car puts you on high alert. nothing has happened so far but you never know.
Maybe you need to stop 'hanging around in the middle of the night in parking lots' then, lol.
Old 05-31-15, 06:01 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

I haven't had any feedback from strangers, but my friends and family have all been really impressed with it, especially the interior. I get a lot of compliments on the flaxen color combo and the aesthetics inside.
Old 05-31-15, 08:32 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by leej865
I guess people aren't getting many compliments...I finally found this thread on Page 7! Lexus styling remains polarizing with the NX...people either love it or hate it.

Yesterday, while returning to my NX from one of those big box stores, I pressed the auto lift gate button on my keyfob...this car comes circling around in the parking lot and drives up to me and stops and this guy says, "Wow...I don't even like Lexus SUVs, but that thing is beautiful!". So, finally someone else out there appreciates the origami design.
I think it depends on where you live. I live in Atlanta where people are crazy about cars. So I get compliments and people approaching me all the time. Plus I think I give off an "I'm approachable" vibe so people feel comfortable coming over.

Quick Reply: Any compliments for your NX? Any interesting stories? (Merged Thread)