Old 05-27-15, 04:27 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Default NX Recall

Auto News 2015 Lexus NX Recalled for ABS Actuator Issue

2015 Lexus NX Recalled for ABS Actuator Issue

By Jason Siu May 27, 2015

Lexus has announced a recall for its newest crossover.

The 2015 Lexus NX 200t is being recalled for a possible issue with its ABS actuator on vehicles equipped with an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control System (TRAC) and Vehicle Stability Control System (VSC), which are controlled by the ABS actuator. Approximately 3,000 units are affected by the recall, which has a possibility that a component inside the actuator could have been damaged during assembly and malfunction later on. Under certain driving conditions, if the ABS is activated, this could result in a loss of vehicle stability, increasing the risk of a crash.Lexus is not aware of any crashes, injuries or fatalities related to the condition and all known owners will be notified through first class mail for the recall. Affected vehicles will have their ABS actuator inspected at Lexus dealerships and will have the unit replaced if necessary.

Last edited by RDLGX; 05-27-15 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-27-15, 05:55 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Shame they don't give build dates. Then you would just look at your door seal and know if it applies to you
Old 05-27-15, 06:56 PM
lsft
Instructor

Received 513 Likes on 340 Posts

Toyota Malaysa stated this:

UMW Toyota says it has received confirmation from TMC that there are approximately 255 units of the Lexus NX – manufactured from November 2014 to March 2015 – are affected by this issue.

I assume this is a worldwide recall.

US annouced 3000 NXs, and Canada annouced 514 NXs.

I checked my VIN on the Lexus and Toyota site and it says no recall campaign.
Old 05-27-15, 08:17 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This link says notices will go out in July...Why not right away?!?! I'd like to know if my NX is one of the 3000 sooner rather than later.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/27/l...ty-brake-part/
Old 05-28-15, 03:39 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep in mind, this is an "inspection and replace" recall. There could be nothing wrong with you car, so no need to panic.

Heck, there is a recall on the key on my Camaro, and I refuse to fulfill it. If they would try to do the recall on my key, I would break hands

Last edited by Swacer; 05-28-15 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-28-15, 07:17 AM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Swacer
Keep in mind, this is an "inspection and replace" recall. There could be nothing wrong with you car, so no need to panic.

Heck, there is a recall on the key on my Camaro, and I refuse to fulfill it. If they would try to do the recall on my key, I would break hands
My husband feels the same way about the Camaro key recall, they have sent numerous letters and postcards. He refuses to get it fixed.
Old 05-28-15, 09:05 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by thedwp
This link says notices will go out in July...Why not right away?!?! I'd like to know if my NX is one of the 3000 sooner rather than later.

Why not right away, because they just found it and probably don't have all the parts available for the fix yet, so why send out a notice and have people rush in to get a fix that isn't ready yet. That is just one possibility of why the delay, there are numerous others I can think of off the top of my head though.

Phil
Old 05-28-15, 09:10 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by philwojo
Why not right away, because they just found it and probably don't have all the parts available for the fix yet, so why send out a notice and have people rush in to get a fix that isn't ready yet. That is just one possibility of why the delay, there are numerous others I can think of off the top of my head though.

Phil
I'd say you are on the right track. There are logistics to get in place, make sure techs are trained for a quick and proper inspection and replacement if necessary. With only 3k cars in the U.S. effected, the recall should go pretty smooth once in place.
Old 05-28-15, 10:03 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

my guess is many of the vehicles will get their recall check at their free 5000 mile service
Old 05-28-15, 01:50 PM
papa214
Rookie

I believe this happened to one of my RX's. 2005, 2009.... I do believe the '12 was recall free.
Old 05-28-15, 03:33 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I had to have my brake actuator replaced on my '13 RX after I had it only 2 weeks!

I was driving down the interstate and my dash lit up like xmas tree, with a big warning box that said "BRAKE MALFUNCTION!" Very unnerving.

The dealer had my car for a week waiting for a replacement part. They told me they had never heard of this before.

It was about 6 months later there was a recall.
Old 05-30-15, 04:01 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default NX Recall

Old 09-16-15, 10:12 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I realize this thread has been idle for a while, but if you are curious if your particular Lexus (or Toyota, or even Scion) has any recalls for it, simply go to Toyota's official recall web site and enter your VIN.
Old 10-26-15, 10:37 AM
doomdealer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to update this thread...

Canadian NX owner here... I just got my official recall letter a few days ago.

The recall service details are as follows:

- 1 hour service session to inspect the ABS actuator to see if the part needs to be replaced

- If replacement is required, a 5 hour service session is then required to swap it out

I guess the ABS actuator must be buried deep somewhere in order to take 5 hours to service/replace.

EDIT: Typo on the hours of service required

Last edited by doomdealer; 10-26-15 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-26-15, 10:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by doomdealer
Just to update this thread...

Canadian NX owner here... I just got my official recall letter a few days ago.

The recall service details are as follows:

- 1 hour service session to inspect the ABS actuator to see if the part needs to be replaced

- If replacement is required, a 6 hour service session is then required to swap it out

I guess the ABS actuator must be buried deep somewhere in order to take 6 hours to service/replace.
Thanks for the update. Is your VIN one of the affected ones when entered in the recall site NX Owner posted above? When was your Build?

Quick Reply: NX Recall