NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

The first 1000

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-15, 08:52 AM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The first 1000

I am extremely pleased with my choice of vehicles, so glad I stayed with Lexus. My family is impressed with the amount of room in the back seat in comparison with my previous IS250!

I have not reset the mileage to see what the running total was during the "break in" period. So far the average is an even 25.0, which is MUCH better than I anticipated. I am pleased with the mileage as I considered the hybrid but the FSport is not available in the US in the hybrid.

I have noticed an unusual amount of people driving smaller SUV's trying to "race" at stop lights, which is kind of strange, but I do oblige them..... and I have not been disappointed or embarrassed in the amount of power the Turbo puts out. Does not have the feel of my IS250, but pretty damn good.

I wish there were front dash USB's and I would have loved the small cell phone cubby above the stereo had the Qi charger. I find the charger inside the central armrest kind of annoying. I forget to take my phone out almost ever time. I am pleased my Iphone 6 works with the Qi charger after the purchase of a charger case
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QE8ACPK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QE8ACPK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

An option I miss terribly that my IS250 had was the ventilated cooled seats. I live in eastern Washington State and it gets quite warm here, with the black interior, it is a very needed option!

I am in love with satellite radio and I am looking forward to see if I can get a "deal" when my 3 months trial expires. We have very few radio stations, so having satellite radio is nice! The stereo in my opinion is better than my IS250's was. Really crisp and clear!

Next up is personalizing "Titan" with mud guards, rear bumper protection (not sure which type yet) possibly running boards and some additional carbon fiber accents for the interior. I have seen some that look beautiful on this forum. Very likely 3M paint protection Pro series film for the front end and headlights.
Old 05-27-15, 12:12 PM
Kelmin
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on the first 1000!

I have to agree about the stereo.
I originally thought it wouldn't be anything particularly nice, but it's turned out quite decent.
We haven't received the subwoofer rattle issue other owner's have... I suspect its perhaps our delivery person bolted down the license plate cover super tight.

The only thing that swayed the Mrs away from an F-Sport, is the fact that none of them included ventilated seats.

Coming from other vehicles with ventilated seats, the unit in the NX works exceedlingly well!
If I didn't know better, there might be a separate compressor underneath the seat, making it an actual cooled seat. Then again I'm no expert, so don't take my word for it.
Our RX350 didn't even work this well.

Given a second chance though, I think we would have ended up choosing Atomic Silver, or (if it were still available in Canada) Silver Lining Metallic.
I've seen mostly white NX's around including our own, not enough Black, Silver, Grey, Red colours.

One thing I would suggest since you may also consider running boards, is whether you can put up with the noise from the rain/snow hitting the running board.
I've had them on previous vehicles, and I've also read the comments posted by other owners, stating the sharp sound when they have a lot of moisture hitting them.

I personally don't mind, but the Mrs indicated she will just forgo the running boards, as the ride has been relatively nice and quiet without.
(Then again come winter time, with all the snow, and stuff kicking up between the door & rubber seals, it may just be a blessing in disguise to not have to do extra cleaning in those areas.)

Hope the next of many 1000s of miles are also trouble free.

Cheers.
Old 05-27-15, 02:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice mini milestone and hopefully many more to come. Mileage at 25mpg is great for a sedan, let alone a 4000 lb SUV.

Post this 1k mileage and future milestone pics in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...es-thread.html

Enjoy your NX!
Old 05-27-15, 04:32 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats on the 1K...I just reached it over the weekend myself......enjoy the ride
Old 05-27-15, 04:33 PM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kelmin
Congrats on the first 1000!

I have to agree about the stereo.
I originally thought it wouldn't be anything particularly nice, but it's turned out quite decent.
We haven't received the subwoofer rattle issue other owner's have... I suspect its perhaps our delivery person bolted down the license plate cover super tight.

The only thing that swayed the Mrs away from an F-Sport, is the fact that none of them included ventilated seats.

Coming from other vehicles with ventilated seats, the unit in the NX works exceedlingly well!
If I didn't know better, there might be a separate compressor underneath the seat, making it an actual cooled seat. Then again I'm no expert, so don't take my word for it.
Our RX350 didn't even work this well.

Given a second chance though, I think we would have ended up choosing Atomic Silver, or (if it were still available in Canada) Silver Lining Metallic.
I've seen mostly white NX's around including our own, not enough Black, Silver, Grey, Red colours.

One thing I would suggest since you may also consider running boards, is whether you can put up with the noise from the rain/snow hitting the running board.
I've had them on previous vehicles, and I've also read the comments posted by other owners, stating the sharp sound when they have a lot of moisture hitting them.

I personally don't mind, but the Mrs indicated she will just forgo the running boards, as the ride has been relatively nice and quiet without.
(Then again come winter time, with all the snow, and stuff kicking up between the door & rubber seals, it may just be a blessing in disguise to not have to do extra cleaning in those areas.)

Hope the next of many 1000s of miles are also trouble free.

Cheers.
thank you Kelmin, I appreciate your input on the running boards. I have been kinda on the fence about them.

Have to say, I am super happy with Atomic Silver, it is stunning and a real head turner.

I think we all picked out a pretty sweet ride.
Old 05-29-15, 01:23 PM
papa214
Rookie

Originally Posted by KarmaNina

I am extremely pleased with my choice of vehicles, so glad I stayed with Lexus. My family is impressed with the amount of room in the back seat in comparison with my previous IS250!

I have not reset the mileage to see what the running total was during the "break in" period. So far the average is an even 25.0, which is MUCH better than I anticipated. I am pleased with the mileage as I considered the hybrid but the FSport is not available in the US in the hybrid.

I have noticed an unusual amount of people driving smaller SUV's trying to "race" at stop lights, which is kind of strange, but I do oblige them..... and I have not been disappointed or embarrassed in the amount of power the Turbo puts out. Does not have the feel of my IS250, but pretty damn good.

I wish there were front dash USB's and I would have loved the small cell phone cubby above the stereo had the Qi charger. I find the charger inside the central armrest kind of annoying. I forget to take my phone out almost ever time. I am pleased my Iphone 6 works with the Qi charger after the purchase of a charger case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

An option I miss terribly that my IS250 had was the ventilated cooled seats. I live in eastern Washington State and it gets quite warm here, with the black interior, it is a very needed option!

I am in love with satellite radio and I am looking forward to see if I can get a "deal" when my 3 months trial expires. We have very few radio stations, so having satellite radio is nice! The stereo in my opinion is better than my IS250's was. Really crisp and clear!

Next up is personalizing "Titan" with mud guards, rear bumper protection (not sure which type yet) possibly running boards and some additional carbon fiber accents for the interior. I have seen some that look beautiful on this forum. Very likely 3M paint protection Pro series film for the front end and headlights.
Here's a tip regarding the satellite service. if you give them a call a day or 2 before the trial expires or respond to one of the hundreds of mailings they send out, tell them that the price is way to expensive & you don't want it anymore, you should hold out for a 5 month special for $5.00 plus fees.

I to miss the ventilated seats.... maybe on the next model they might put that option back.
Old 06-02-15, 11:59 AM
p0c1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by papa214
I to miss the ventilated seats.... maybe on the next model they might put that option back.
Did North American NX F-Sport missed out on the ventilated cooled seat?
How bout Canada model?

We have it here on Aussie
Old 06-02-15, 12:06 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by p0c1
Did North American NX F-Sport missed out on the ventilated cooled seat?
How bout Canada model?

We have it here on Aussie
Yes...here in the States the ventilated seats are not available on the F-Sport .
Old 06-02-15, 02:04 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jumping in... just hit my first 1k (no pic... taking one while driving seemed like a bad idea, lol).

I love the car as well. The flaxen interior is one of my favs... the color combo just looks so classy and unique. The interior is an all around great fit for me. I love the ventilated seats

I have a few little gripes, like when changing the input through the steering wheel controls, you have to choose a station before the menu exits, or that my Bluetooth doesn't work when the phone is plugged in to charge, but nothing major. I did notice a weird random revving the other day, and my low fuel light doesn't seem to be coming on, but those are just things I'll be keeping an eye on.

For my first Lexus, I'm beyond thrilled with it.
Old 06-03-15, 08:53 AM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
Jumping in... just hit my first 1k (no pic... taking one while driving seemed like a bad idea, lol).

I love the car as well. The flaxen interior is one of my favs... the color combo just looks so classy and unique. The interior is an all around great fit for me. I love the ventilated seats

I have a few little gripes, like when changing the input through the steering wheel controls, you have to choose a station before the menu exits, or that my Bluetooth doesn't work when the phone is plugged in to charge, but nothing major. I did notice a weird random revving the other day, and my low fuel light doesn't seem to be coming on, but those are just things I'll be keeping an eye on.

For my first Lexus, I'm beyond thrilled with it.
What kind of phone do you have and are you using the phone charger that came with your phone? sometimes when I use another charger on my phone and is not compatible, the phone starts acting up.
Old 06-03-15, 09:23 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
I have a few little gripes, like when changing the input through the steering wheel controls...
I noticed that too, so after I pick a source I just hit the "back" (little "U-Turn") button.
Old 06-03-15, 11:50 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phatm3
What kind of phone do you have and are you using the phone charger that came with your phone? sometimes when I use another charger on my phone and is not compatible, the phone starts acting up.
iPhone 6+, I use an Apple cable through the USB port.

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
I noticed that too, so after I pick a source I just hit the "back" (little "U-Turn") button.
Hadn't thought of that, thanks!