NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX200t Hitch Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-15, 03:55 PM
myersmw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX200t Hitch Receiver

I am trying to find a trailer hitch receiver assembly that will fit a nx200t. I would like to attach a bicycle rack to the hitch. I did not opt for the tow package and I am not sure what will fit the vehicle. Has anyone had any success installing one? I am open to other options such as a trunk gripper, but again I do not know what would fit this model and I would prefer the hitch. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-26-15, 04:14 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...or-nx200t.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...or-nx200t.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...the-nx300.html
Old 05-27-15, 06:04 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

if you decide on one of the aftermarket hitches please take a photo and share it here. A few of us are waiting to see how it looks and where it sits in relation to the bumper before buying. There are a couple of examples so far but more is always helpful.
Old 05-27-15, 05:52 PM
NX200Pilot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wildeklave
if you decide on one of the aftermarket hitches please take a photo and share it here. A few of us are waiting to see how it looks and where it sits in relation to the bumper before buying. There are a couple of examples so far but more is always helpful.
Here are a few shots of the Curt version (#C13214). I opted for this one because of the relatively inexpensive price, and it appeared to be the easiest to install of the (3) offered on etrailer.com.

For those going this route, please be advised that the fit along the mounting surfaces (between the left and right sides of the hitch) is exact to the vehicle frame. After installing one side with the bolts loosely tightened, I found that there was no wiggle room on the other side. I had to use a padded wrench to gain enough leverage to lift the hitch over the frame in order to align the holes and insert the remaining bolts. I was on my back on the garage floor when I installed the hitch, so that may have added to the minor difficulty i experienced. If one has access to a shop with a lift to elevate the vehicle, or maybe even using the mechanics/service ramps, both would be ideal ways to install the hitch.

I certainly preferred the OEM tow hitch for better aesthetics and a little more ground clearance, but I used the money towards the aftermarket clear protection film. Overall, I am satisfied with the hitch, and looking forward to mounting the bike rack when we head to our local trails.
Attached Thumbnails NX200t Hitch Receiver-img_7531.jpg   NX200t Hitch Receiver-img_7532.jpg