NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-15, 12:28 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go. I will be looking into a way to run a USB power cord from the CD storage opening that is above the CD slot.

Old 05-03-15, 03:10 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks for posting. Looks pretty tight. Let us know how it works for you after using it awhile.

Any way to modify the holder to fit the storage slot? That way it would be away form the shifter more.

I'm thinking the cup holder may be better after surfing amazon options or even the clip holder. I don't care for the sun visor for the clip though.

Anyone know if a magnet on the back of the phone will compromise wireless charging? I just bought the wireless charging back for my S5. It works in the charging cradle in the console. Been using wireless charging for 2 years now and love it.
Old 05-03-15, 03:24 PM
alexdell
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As promised, below are a few pics of the Mountek nGroove Snap 3. I have the iPhone 6+ and also took some pics of my wife's iPhone 5 (in portrait & landscape) for comparison. The mount barely cleared the shifter as well as the dash above the cd slot. I'm happy with the way it looks and the phone doesn't shake much on rougher roads or faster speed.

Just a note, I did have to install the metal mount that's inside the iPhone 6+'s case towards the bottom of the case (on portrait mode) or on the left side of the phone (on landscape) so that the phone clears the shifter while on Park. I will be mounting iPhone on landscape mode most of the time as it has a cleaner look.

I also wish that there's a usb port on the dash so that the wires would be hidden.

My apologies for the numerous pics below but I hope this is helpful for those looking for a phone mount solution.

Alex

Old 05-03-15, 03:35 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

thanks for sharing pics. I still like the left air vent mount I have, except the usb cable I have draped over the steering wheel when I need to charge it too...looks stupid when I need to do that.
Old 05-17-15, 07:43 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

Default Phone mount location

There aren't many places to keep a cell. Thought you guys might like to see what I bought and where I placed it. It's an iottie easy flex 2

Old 05-18-15, 05:40 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Looks good and seems to be out of knee's way.

I assume you want viewing access to your phone otherwise there's the slot above the radio.
Old 05-18-15, 05:49 AM
dadofahusk
Rookie

partially because its nice to have access. partially because each time i would accelerate, it would fall out of the slot above the radio. and yes, its out of knee's way
Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Looks good and seems to be out of knee's way.

I assume you want viewing access to your phone otherwise there's the slot above the radio.
Old 05-18-15, 12:08 PM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an iPhone 6 Plus, with a "Barely There" bumper w/plastic protection on the back... it fits PERFECTLY in the forward cup holder at an angle and stays and doesnt move. It sits in the top half-inch area, doesnt sink down in... and just barely touches the gear shift in "Drive."

No cell phone holders really worked for me, no where to put one except a suction cup type on the small window by drivers side mirror, and that didnt work for me cause of rain and the open/close jarring that knocked everything off.

Good idea for yours, but my right knee would be all over that.

Last edited by cb80923; 05-18-15 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-18-15, 12:23 PM
winst0n
Driver School Candidate

i think that's too low and have to look down too much... i'm looking for something high
Old 05-18-15, 02:09 PM
dadofahusk
Rookie

i foudn that there also seems to be enough space to use it up high, next to the seat heater button
Originally Posted by winst0n
i think that's too low and have to look down too much... i'm looking for something high
Old 05-30-15, 04:46 PM
HiTdUhWaLL
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one for my GS that uses the CD slot holder. Its called LYNK. Looks pretty good. There's also several different kinds on Amazon just do a search.
Old 05-30-15, 05:12 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by HiTdUhWaLL
I bought one for my GS that uses the CD slot holder. Its called LYNK. Looks pretty good. There's also several different kinds on Amazon just do a search.
can you post a picture of your setup so everyone can see if it would work for them?
Old 05-31-15, 01:50 PM
HiTdUhWaLL
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I returned my GS before I took any pictures. But I took out the mount and gave it to my cousin. Here are pics in her NX. She did mention that while in park the shift **** was kinda blocking the phone.

Originally Posted by typocl
can you post a picture of your setup so everyone can see if it would work for them?
Attached Thumbnails NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-dsc01846.jpg   NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-dsc01943.jpg   NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)-dsc01981.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
antonio98 (03-25-18)
Old 05-31-15, 07:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Nice options! Loving this thread.
Old 05-31-15, 08:43 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HiTdUhWaLL
I returned my GS before I took any pictures. But I took out the mount and gave it to my cousin. Here are pics in her NX. She did mention that while in park the shift **** was kinda blocking the phone.
That looks pretty good. besides i don't use my cd player anyway.

Quick Reply: NX Phone holder recommendations (merged master thread)