GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess the NX isn't for everybody.
Old 05-20-15, 04:05 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had my car for about a week and I have a few nitpicks and gripes as well.

- the sub in the lift gate rattles like crazy.

- wish they would have brought the leather that's on the passenger's side of the dash over to the driver's side

- with they had climate temp controls on the steering wheel

- need more storage space...I have no place for my cellphone.

- climate control doesn't work as well as expected. A/C feels a bit weak.

- Fsport doesn't get some of the features the other models get like ventilated seats and rain sensing wipers
Old 05-20-15, 05:31 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I have had my car for about a week and I have a few nitpicks and gripes as well.

- the sub in the lift gate rattles like crazy.

- wish they would have brought the leather that's on the passenger's side of the dash over to the driver's side

- climate control doesn't work as well as expected. A/C feels a bit weak.

- Fsport doesn't get some of the features the other models get like ventilated seats and rain sensing wipers
It's your license plate rattling, not the sub. Try securing with mounting tape or felt.
Old 05-20-15, 06:25 AM
drifter123
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will only be happy when I can teleport. Till then, the NX will have to do.
Old 05-20-15, 06:40 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
It's your license plate rattling, not the sub. Try securing with mounting tape or felt.
I used window weather stripping on the back of the license plate ..it works well too
Old 05-20-15, 06:45 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

I saw a video review from the NY Times today of the Honda HR-V. While it is no NX they did have more charging ports in better locations.

Front - looked like 2- 3 charging ports (USB and cigarette lighter) under the radio.
Rear - 12V in the middle where we have the rear vent

Toyota made a bit of a mistake on that front since Lexus is premium and may have less functionality in that department to a main stream brand.
Old 05-20-15, 07:10 AM
leej865
Driver

[QUOTE=tresmith00;9046263]I have had my car for about a week and I have a few nitpicks and gripes as well.

- - climate control doesn't work as well as expected. A/C feels a bit weak.

I would take this to the dealer then...my A/C is super cold. We've had some 90 degree days and I have had to turn the temp up because it was ice cold.
Old 05-20-15, 07:23 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tresmith00

I agree on the climate temp controls on the steering wheel, I miss that from my 2006 Prius and from the car we traded for the NX 300h, a 2008 Hybrid Camry, both had that feature and we got used to it.

Why not put your cell phone either in the slot just above the CD player slot in the center counsel or in the arm rest on the door. I always use the arm rest on the door personally.

Phil
Old 05-20-15, 08:49 AM
Drtbk4ever
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
My vote is the license plate as well.

And I concur that it would be nice if there was more storage spots. Where the heck do you put your spare change?
Old 05-20-15, 09:35 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drtbk4ever

And I concur that it would be nice if there was more storage spots. Where the heck do you put your spare change?
In your local homeless person's pocket.
Old 05-20-15, 10:11 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drtbk4ever

In your pockets, in a jar at home? What the heck do you need spare change for in a car anymore? Isn't pretty much everywhere on earth going to an electronic toll system now days, what is the need for change in a car any more?
Old 05-20-15, 10:17 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by philwojo
In your pockets, in a jar at home? What the heck do you need spare change for in a car anymore? Isn't pretty much everywhere on earth going to an electronic toll system now days, what is the need for change in a car any more?
Can we not just look at "spare change" as a proxy for "small miscellaneous items that I'd like to have a place for that's not the center console or glove box"? Like a pen or two and small pad of paper, a candy bar or a pack of gum, a shopping list and coupons, etc.

Simply put, I'd like it if there were more cubbies.
Old 05-20-15, 10:31 AM
leej865
Driver

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
Can we not just look at "spare change" as a proxy for "small miscellaneous items that I'd like to have a place for that's not the center console or glove box"? Like a pen or two and small pad of paper, a candy bar or a pack of gum, a shopping list and coupons, etc.

I think some of you should have just purchased a Minivan...seems like everyone is using the phone, counting change, taking notes, plugging in multiple devices and drinking 32 ounce drinks while constantly changing the temperature and crinkling their seats as they rub their knees on the memory seat selector while resetting the trip-odometers.
Old 05-20-15, 10:59 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t

Now that I understand, but I tend to take thing literally when typed as I can't see that you mean something else. That is one bad thing about forums and the internet, you can't judge intent like in a face-to-face conversation.

I agree, more storage spots would be great and a welcome addition to a great car.

Phil
Old 05-20-15, 08:13 PM
lulugirl89
Driver School Candidate

On the storage front I've taken to using the nook in the door (near the handle) as a catch-all for some items. I also have taken the mirror off that pocket and keep my sunglasses and some other odds and ends in there.

Quick Reply: After 2 months of ownership some observations