NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Passenger complaint with F Sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-15, 03:45 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Passenger complaint with F Sport seats

Let me start by saying I'm 6'1, weigh 180, 32 waist ( I know TMI LOL ) but wanted to say that the F Sport seats fit me perfectly with my size, and probably the most comfortable of any car I have had.
After three weeks with the NX, everyone has loved it until yesterday. I had a friend that wanted to take a ride. He is about 6'3 and weighs around 230. My seats were so uncomfortable for him that he didn't want to ride more than a block ! Yikes, my first unhappy person to ride in my NX. Just wondering if any of you have had friends so uncomfortable they couldn't ride ?
Being my first time time having sport seats, I have read they get better after they are used more, so perhaps the passenger seat will be more comfortable later. Needless to say I was disappointed that the impression of my seats didn't sit well with a passenger after adjusting the seat different ways.
So I"m wondering if the F Sport Seats are a real deal breaker with many folks, and they walk away from purchasing or get the non F Sport seats ? Are they designed for smaller folks ? Never given much thought to it as they fit me so well. Wow, please give me your thoughts on this subject.....I need to hear !!
I've had my NX three weeks as of today, and I love it , and love the seats as I mentioned above. Enjoy the ride, and a great weekend to you !

Last edited by RDLGX; 05-15-15 at 03:49 AM.
Old 05-15-15, 06:04 AM
leej865
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These seats are not made for the average American backside. They fit me perfectly, but I know some people I work with who would not like them...but they have difficulty sitting comfortably in many places. But, isn't this what test-driving is for?

Last edited by leej865; 05-15-15 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-15-15, 07:00 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by leej865
These seats are not made for the average American backside. They fit me perfectly, but I know some people I work with who would not like them...but they have difficulty sitting comfortably in many places. But, isn't this what test-driving is for?
Yes sir, that's why I bought it..they fit me perfect....I'm talking about the passengers being uncomfortable.
Old 05-15-15, 10:43 AM
leej865
Driver

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Yes sir, that's why I bought it..they fit me perfect....I'm talking about the passengers being uncomfortable.
I understood that you were talking about passengers...and that is still why you test drive a vehicle. As you do that, you need to consider the comfort level of any other members of your household that will be using/riding in your vehicle. As for friends and/or co-workers, well, I am not buying a car for them, so I don't consider them when buying a car for myself.

Now if you use your vehicle for work...like say you are a Realtor, and you haul people around to show them properties...then this would not be a good choice for that particular situation.
Old 05-15-15, 10:46 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As the saying goes "you can't please everyone". Make him drive next time lol

These seats are wider than Recaros, so in regards to sport seats, the NX is much bigger than a true "sport" seat.
Old 05-15-15, 01:16 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by leej865
I understood that you were talking about passengers...and that is still why you test drive a vehicle. As you do that, you need to consider the comfort level of any other members of your household that will be using/riding in your vehicle. As for friends and/or co-workers, well, I am not buying a car for them, so I don't consider them when buying a car for myself.

Now if you use your vehicle for work...like say you are a Realtor, and you haul people around to show them properties...then this would not be a good choice for that particular situation.
Yes, I bought it for me, and I am happy about it...I love the NX.....I was just curious if others had folks that commented or didn't like the F Sport Seats. While I would like my friends to love it as much as I, as you say, I didn't buy it for them, so I will go with that and be happy LOL

Last edited by RDLGX; 05-15-15 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-15-15, 01:16 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had my NX for 3 days and I have noticed how narrow the seats are. I am a wide body at 270 pounds but my previous car (toyota camry) had very good and accommodating seats. I surprised that Lexus didn't do the same.

this is probably going to be another reason why people think Lexus made this car for women.
Old 05-15-15, 01:21 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Swacer
As the saying goes "you can't please everyone". Make him drive next time lol

These seats are wider than Recaros, so in regards to sport seats, the NX is much bigger than a true "sport" seat.
Oh no.....don't want this person driving either LOL ! Hey, if they don't like my seats, they can walk or get another ride As I said in another reply, I was just curious if anyone else had a complaint about the seats...I was sort of sad they didn't.LOL I would like everyone to like them, but as you stated " you can't please everyone" HA..I think there is actually a song about that
Old 05-15-15, 01:37 PM
leej865
Driver

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I've had my NX for 3 days and I have noticed how narrow the seats are. I am a wide body at 270 pounds but my previous car (toyota camry) had very good and accommodating seats. I surprised that Lexus didn't do the same.

this is probably going to be another reason why people think Lexus made this car for women.
That's a hasty generalization since women, like men, come in all shapes and sizes....and women tend to be wider at the hips then men.

In general though...this seat size thing should be resolved during the test drive. The comfort level, driving position, visibility out of the vehicle, etc...are all things considered during that time, and should influence then your decision on whether this vehicle suits you, and your lifestyle. Otherwise, it's like buying a Corvette and complaining it won't accommodate your family of 5.

Last edited by leej865; 05-15-15 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-15-15, 05:25 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Although not visually appealing, consider having a seat cushion handy (in the trunk?) for regular riders (long trips) that do not like the comfort. My wife has no issues in the driver's seat, but the passenger's feels more intrusive and it bothers her on the occasionally long trip. I agree with her on the passenger side which speaks to the quicker softening of the driver's seat than the passengers due to 4-5x the usage.
Old 05-15-15, 06:40 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The standard seats are wider, softer and more accommodating for the wider framed bodies. I found them way too soft for a longer drive. I fit perfectly in both the driver and the passenger f-sport seat and I have been blessed with the genetic trifecta

- vertically challenged
- horizontally endowed and
- follicly rich
Old 05-15-15, 07:28 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Although not visually appealing, consider having a seat cushion handy (in the trunk?) for regular riders (long trips) that do not like the comfort. My wife has no issues in the driver's seat, but the passenger's feels more intrusive and it bothers her on the occasionally long trip. I agree with her on the passenger side which speaks to the quicker softening of the driver's seat than the passengers due to 4-5x the usage.
Agreed ! Does the left side of your F Sport drivers seat get wrinkled ?...I saw a pic with someone that had a crease, but I have several on the side.....I think it is from getting in and out ?
Old 05-15-15, 07:31 PM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by My0gr81
The standard seats are wider, softer and more accommodating for the wider framed bodies. I found them way too soft for a longer drive. I fit perfectly in both the driver and the passenger f-sport seat and I have been blessed with the genetic trifecta

- vertically challenged
- horizontally endowed and
- follicly rich
I fit great in mine as well. My back hasn't hurt like it did in the Highlander.
Old 05-16-15, 04:23 AM
Gizmo607
Driver School Candidate

The seats fits me perfectly as well. As noted earlier you bought the car for yourself. If you think the seats for comfortable then and you are not regretting you purchase then that is to me money well spent. As noted before cannot please everyone in the world. All it comes down to is personal preference. In my opinion, he might be jelly at you. Lol