NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

2015 NX Fsport seat issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-15, 05:59 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drifter123
So my build sheet shows I will get ventilated seats but my dealers current premium packaged F-sport’s don’t have them. Does anyone know if the F-sport has ventilated seats? Maybe my build sheet is wrong.
If you research the car on Lexus.com, it will explain that F-sport has heated seats, while the 200T and 300H have ventilated and heated as an option.

HEATED FRONT SEATS (F SPORT ONLY)
To help provide a more customized level of comfort, the heated front seats feature three unique settings.
OPTIONAL ON: NX 200t F SPORT
INCLUDED IN: PREMIUM PACKAGE

HEATED AND VENTILATED FRONT SEATS (NX 200T, NX 300H)
Heated and ventilated front seats have separate heaters and fans in the seat cushions that help provide comfort regardless of the weather.
OPTIONAL ON: NX 300h, NX 200t
INCLUDED IN: PREMIUM PACKAGE
Old 05-21-15, 06:02 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by 2015NXPryl
rayaans - If the seats were hard and uncomfortable I wouldn't buy the car. :P lol The cushion underneath is separated and the "leather" is also getting replaced. If it was "normal" than Lexus would not be replacing under warranty. I'm waiting for parts from Japan and they will be changing everything out beginning of June. As I stated before, seat cushions should be able to handle everyday in and out. It shouldn't be happening when I only had the car for 12 days.
The thing is, like with any leather seat be it from a 200k vehicle or 20k vehicle, all it takes is one bend and a permanent crease is created that can happen on day 1. However, despite the crease you (and I too have), Nuluxe is far more resistant to creases than leather is over time. When I traded in my 2011 CT, the seats looked far newer than my leather-seated RX with similar mileage.

I doubt the new cushion will resolve the issue but if it does, I'll be paying my dealer a visit too! Keep us posted!
Old 05-22-15, 05:31 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

So my build sheet shows I will get ventilated seats but my dealers current premium packaged F-sport’s don’t have them. Does anyone know if the F-sport has ventilated seats? Maybe my build sheet is wrong.
The lack of ventilated seats on the F-Sport was a key reason I didn't look into getting one.
Old 05-22-15, 05:49 AM
leej865
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My last vehicle had heated/cooled leather seats. What I don't understand is why these nuluxe seats are not cooled...they are already perforated. The fact is that leather seats do not get as hot as vinyl, so the vinyl seats need cooling more. Was this just a cost cutting measure?
Old 05-22-15, 06:26 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by leej865
My last vehicle had heated/cooled leather seats. What I don't understand is why these nuluxe seats are not cooled...they are already perforated. The fact is that leather seats do not get as hot as vinyl, so the vinyl seats need cooling more. Was this just a cost cutting measure?
My last vehicle did too...these Nuluxe seats are definitely hotter than the leather seats in my Highlander were. The F Sport should offer cooled seats as well as heat /cooled for the rear seats.
Old 05-22-15, 07:50 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NM- Off topic
Old 05-22-15, 07:54 AM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
The lack of ventilated seats on the F-Sport was a key reason I didn't look into getting one.
Same, in Florida, I love those things. Hit the remote start on the way out of the building and the seat is cool when I get in
Old 05-22-15, 08:12 AM
drifter123
Rookie

The consensus seems to be that f-sport seats do not have ventilation. Bummer, but thanks for the replies.
Old 05-22-15, 08:14 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
Same, in Florida, I love those things. Hit the remote start on the way out of the building and the seat is cool when I get in
They are unreal after playing tennis in this FL heat!! Love um!!
Old 05-22-15, 10:16 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GlenK
They are unreal after playing tennis in this FL heat!! Love um!!
HA...and I miss them Glen since I have the F Sport. I love the NX though , what a fun ride I can live without a few things I guess LOL...and the Florida heat sounds good to me..ah...7 years I can make the move Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend !
Old 05-22-15, 10:19 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

The consensus seems to be that f-sport seats do not have ventilation. Bummer, but thanks for the replies.
Yep, but I bet they will probably change a few options in the future on the F Sport, and hopefully this will be one of them.
Old 05-22-15, 10:34 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

rayaans - If the seats were hard and uncomfortable I wouldn't buy the car. :P lol The cushion underneath is separated and the "leather" is also getting replaced. If it was "normal" than Lexus would not be replacing under warranty. I'm waiting for parts from Japan and they will be changing everything out beginning of June. As I stated before, seat cushions should be able to handle everyday in and out. It shouldn't be happening when I only had the car for 12 days.
I think its just a good gesture will in all honesty. You'll probably be facing the same problem in a few months time.

Also, Id say that a person's weight and mileage plays a huge factor. If the car was bought off the lot, its highly likely that a lot of "heavy" people could have sat in it before you did predisposing the creases.
Old 05-23-15, 12:09 PM
2015NXPryl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rayaans
I think its just a good gesture will in all honesty. You'll probably be facing the same problem in a few months time.

Also, Id say that a person's weight and mileage plays a huge factor. If the car was bought off the lot, its highly likely that a lot of "heavy" people could have sat in it before you did predisposing the creases.
Lol. They can keep giving me the good gesture and good will yes. They will see my happy shining face every time the cushion or fabric/nuluxe/leather "separates". I love Lexus. I owned an IS300 for 11 years, that car was awesome! I don't think my expectations are ridiculous.

I understand wear and tear. I totally get it, but I am not a "heavy" individual. I weigh 119lbs. I don't have so much weight in my legs or overwhelmingly grippy knees that I can just "manhandle" my seat when I drive. Also, even if I was "heavy" it should be able to handle it. If a less expensive car cushion/seat can handle "heavy", shouldn't I expect a more expensive car cushion/seat to be able to handle the same?

I'll keep you guys posted.

*OFF TOPIC - NX got egged last night. Any forum links for that?
Old 05-23-15, 01:29 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

*OFF TOPIC - NX got egged last night. Any forum links for that?
Boo. Mine got a tiny ding, right in the middle of the drivers door.
Old 06-08-15, 03:10 PM
camarogran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by My0gr81
I read that they added touch less rear hatch opening on the power rear hatch as of April production, wouldn't surprise me if they snuck in the ventilated seats too.
where did you read about the touch less rear hatch opening. that and ventilated seats on the f sport are holding me back from purchasing.

Quick Reply: 2015 NX Fsport seat issues