NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus Enform Apps

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-15, 04:10 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Lexus Enform Apps

Morning ! Just curious as to how many of you are taking advantage of the Enform apps that are free for 1 year. I have not use it yet, as I was told at the dealership there were still some kinks and issues that some are having with them since it was so new. Looking at the prices, I don't think it is something that I would continue using, however some of you might change my mind LOL . Your thoughts and features you like might help Thanks !!

PS as an Edit, I meant Lexus Enform remote, safety connect etc.

Last edited by RDLGX; 05-08-15 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-08-15, 05:24 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Morning ! Just curious as to how many of you are taking advantage of the Enform apps that are free for 1 year. I have not use it yet, as I was told at the dealership there were still some kinks and issues that some are having with them since it was so new. Looking at the prices, I don't think it is something that I would continue using, however some of you might change my mind LOL . Your thoughts and features you like might help Thanks !!
I have been using Slacker and Pandora and they work well for me. I do wish they would add Waze, as I use that for any non-local drives I take. But I'm happy with the ones I do use.
Old 05-08-15, 05:32 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Bing to find the address for a POI. You can bing a place and then have the nav system set it as your destination address.
Old 05-08-15, 05:45 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I use them every time I drive the car for something. Use Bing, Saved Destination, and edestinations all the time. Pandora, Yelp, open table, and movie tickets. Use the Stocks app too at times. The longer the drive the more I use them. Saved and edestinations are particularly important to me. Love being able to send destinations to my car from phone or computer.
Old 05-08-15, 06:28 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,629 Likes on 1,037 Posts

The Enform apps are free. It's items like Enform Remote, Safety Connect, and Destination Assist that charge renewal fees.

I use the Enform apps in my RX and IS all the time. I mostly use Bing and Pandora.
Old 05-08-15, 06:32 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
The Enform apps are free. It's items like Enform Remote, Safety Connect, and Destination Assist that charge renewal fees.

I use the Enform apps in my RX and IS all the time. I mostly use Bing and Pandora.
Thanks ! I actually meant Enform remote.....I goofed !
Old 05-08-15, 06:37 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

I use Bing. It's pretty useful. I only wish you could speak to enter text.
Old 05-08-15, 08:13 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Well if they add apps like Waze or other apps that may be an alternative to the Nav system I can see there being a cost associated with them for non-Nav models. I would like for Lexus to make upgrades where the system would alert me to emails on my phone the way it does for text messages.
Old 05-08-15, 08:15 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wildeklave
Well if they add apps like Waze or other apps that may be an alternative to the Nav system I can see there being a cost associated with them for non-Nav models. I would like for Lexus to make upgrades where the system would alert me to emails on my phone the way it does for text messages.
I do find myself wishing there was a [easy for novices like me] way to mirror my phone's screen to the nav screen...
Old 05-08-15, 08:26 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I had to use it once to lock my doors as I was in a rush and forgot. But it's a little flakey at times. When it locked the doors, I checked the status and it showed the hatch was open. I was ready to go back to my car from work when I checked one more time and it showed everything secured.
Old 05-28-15, 11:51 AM
susar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock app

Anyone have problems downloading stocks or know how to get them in a different order? I can't download GPRO and my aapl stock is on the 3rd page. No one I call seems to know anything!!
Old 06-05-15, 09:17 PM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

Default Enform Remote

I been trying to use all apps on my 2015 GS 350. First I wish there was some sort of way to send Lexus feedback on these apps so they can work to improve them. I setup Pandora which I also have setup on my iPhone but could not get it to work. Instead I just use it on my Iphone via Bluetooh whenever I was to listen to Pandora. Also the way it works is absurd, when I open the Lexus enform app on the phone in order to use Pandora it never connects and the app on the phone appears frozen. They set this up in a really crapy way. The car has a built in data connection which likely costs Lexus very little (they have hundreds of accounts so I'm sure they negotiated a pretty low rate) why isn't Lexus just using he native app on the car and the built in data connection for all apps? This junk about lunching an app of the phone to share a data connection then tying up the phone with this crapy app and hoping that it will connect is very poor.

On to the Enform Remote App. I love this app but it needs serious work and I wish I could submit feedback. Using the latest version on an Iphone 6 with iOS 8.4 even though I have e-mail notifications turned off on the App I still always get email notifications go figure. I reported this issue via a review of the app on the App Store since I found no other way to send feedback (the developers should add a way to do this either via the app or under the App Store app information). It really sucks that the car shuts off as soon as you open the door if you used the app to remote start it. They need to figure out a way around this. I do not know one person that has not complained about this. Even if this requires additional hardware to be added to the car, lets get it done! The app is slow, it needs work takes too long in my opinion to remote start the car/communicate with the car. This may be a combination of poor development and or slow data connection/crapy wireless carrier they are using in the car.

Also assuming the cell data connection on the car uses an external antenna on the car they need to improve the reception of the connection and continuously make improvement by updating the firmware to allow it to work better. If I had to take a wild guess they are probably using T-mobile or Sprint for the cell data service, both have crapy service in general. AT&T would be a much better/more reliable choice.

This car has a huge beautiful screen but still no Apple Carplay support, this is plain shameful. I also have not figured out how to setup Apple Eyes Free if the car even supports that. I find that Lexus continues to do a poor job with technology in general. There is so much more they could be doing right now with the hardware that is already on this vehicle. Lexus please work harder and look around at what everybody else is doing. Even other manufactures who make much cheaper cars than you have much better technology in their vehicles. You need more/better Developers and people with a bit more vision, you are under using technology that could be very useful to many like Apple Carplay, etc. Tired of spending tons of money and not getting much at all in Technology that I want/need to use. You need to start listening to your customers!

-Mike
Old 06-05-15, 09:21 PM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by susar
Anyone have problems downloading stocks or know how to get them in a different order? I can't download GPRO and my aapl stock is on the 3rd page. No one I call seems to know anything!!
Haven't used this yet. Will try tomorrow and let you know if it works and if I can figure out how to move them around. It's a shame that Lexus is so clueless and so lacking on technical skill.

-Mike
Old 06-05-15, 09:25 PM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
I do find myself wishing there was a [easy for novices like me] way to mirror my phone's screen to the nav screen...
Yeah Apple Carplay, I do not understand why Lexus did not add this to this vehicle. It is really shameful! Specially on such a nice large size screen it would be a great replacement for all their crapy apps.

-Mike
Old 06-05-15, 09:27 PM
mikenj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Thanks ! I actually meant Enform remote.....I goofed !
Free for one year that is. Then they charge you a small fortune yet they do such a poor job with these apps. I really hope they start stepping up to the plate and do some major overhaul to these apps. What are they using a 99 cent developer?

-Mike

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform Apps