NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Is the NX a Girl's Car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-15, 04:14 AM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot establish beyond doubt that Lexus says it is aimed at the female sector of the market. Manufacturers always try to hit as wide a sector of the market as possible. Conceding that it will fare well as a mom's taxi, as it is like most small crossovers, a station wagon on steroids, but so is the BMW X1, the BMW X3, the VW Tiguan etc. etc. Station wagons here are very unpopular (people in this country say they will have their chance to ride in a station wagon when the hearse takes them to their last resting place, but for now they will give it a pass). Objectively speaking is a station wagon a very practical vehicle and not least to ferry around kids, prams and what not. SUV's and crossovers are however more popular than hamburgers with both sexes here and in the US too.
Nothing out of the ordinary if females see the potential of a SUV/crossover, also nothing to do with a feminine appeal the car allegedly have, rather indicates that women are practical, I mean who else would've thought that a rolling pin is an excellent weapon to discipline a man?

Further I cannot see why the female qeue for buying it, will be especially long. What makes a car a girl's car? Does it have large holders for make-up? Does it have a full-length mirror? (Ladies I'm just making silly male talk, we men adore a woman who has gone to a lot of trouble to be neat and fresh looking).

Last edited by nipponbird; 05-12-15 at 04:33 AM.
Old 05-12-15, 07:11 AM
KarmaNina
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize it has been only two weeks, but an observation I have made is the people who either stare at my car or park next to it and get out to take a closer look have all been men. I have always parked my car(s) far away in any parking lot (to avoid the dreaded door dents) and every single time there is someone parked right next to it.

Even though I am a girl owner, my car turns the boys heads....
Old 05-13-15, 07:39 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KarmaNina
I realize it has been only two weeks, but an observation I have made is the people who either stare at my car or park next to it and get out to take a closer look have all been men. I have always parked my car(s) far away in any parking lot (to avoid the dreaded door dents) and every single time there is someone parked right next to it.

Even though I am a girl owner, my car turns the boys heads....
I've had the same experience. I've parked my car in "no mans land" of the mall parking lots, farthest away from everyone and every time i come back to the car, from a distance, I can see that someone parked next me. And I'm like WTH. In a sea of open parking spaces why would someone park their car right next to mine? I just figure they do it to mess with me. lol

As far as this car being a girl's car. To me a hot car is a hot car. A hot car is gender neutral.
Old 05-13-15, 01:39 PM
Bdwg22
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdwg22
My wife keeps saying my Rioja interior has pink stitching on the dash and seats. It looks red to me.
Does anyone else think the stitching looks pink? I keep hearing about it every time we're inside. I think she's just jealous of my NX.
Old 05-13-15, 02:15 PM
drifter123
Rookie

I don’t think it looks pink.

Last edited by drifter123; 05-13-15 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-13-15, 04:20 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drifter123
I don’t think it looks pink.
Not that there is anything wrong with that!
Old 06-01-15, 07:08 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

based on some recent observations:

my dealer likes to post on Facebook some new cars sold. All the NX's they posted were with ladies with the big red bows on the vehicles. I have seen a few around town and all had lady drivers. Another observation has been that all I have seen besides mine have the normal headlights and not the triple beam.

On the Facebook group it seems like a mix of male and female but the group owner is female.
Old 06-07-15, 07:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by leej865
Well, I'm a gay man...so is the NX now a Gay Car?

There is a certain sculpted elegance to the NX shape that I thing equally appeals to the masculine and feminine. People who get hung up on such outmoded thinking should probably shop elsewhere.
Me too, and I drive an S5. So is an S5 now a Gay Car? I traded a '13 GS F Sport for it, so is the GS now a Gay Car? Perish the thought. All I know is that I like a car that can blast onto an onramp and out of corners, so regardless of gender and preference we are all car enthusiasts.

Last edited by dseag2; 06-07-15 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-07-15, 08:40 PM
antonios32
Rookie

Default Why not both?

No, the NX is absolutely not "only a girl's car"! The NX would look good on anyone. It honestly just depends on the color you're looking at. Like the black color is fine for men but if it were a red mica color then it would look girly. Lexus' doesn't make cars just for males or just for females. They make it for everyone! For example, an ultra white RX350 would look fine with both and so would a LS in liquid platinum (grey). You just need to buy a manly color like obsidian or ultra white or nebula or whatever appeals to YOU AND ONLY YOU. Forget what people think man! It's your NX not theirs!
Old 06-07-15, 08:49 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There is no such thing as a guy or girl car, even if it's a Mary Kay car. Statistically it may be purchased more by one gender more than the other, but that doesn't determine which gender must buy it.
Old 06-08-15, 05:18 AM
leej865
Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
Me too, and I drive an S5. So is an S5 now a Gay Car? I traded a '13 GS F Sport for it, so is the GS now a Gay Car? Perish the thought. All I know is that I like a car that can blast onto an onramp and out of corners, so regardless of gender and preference we are all car enthusiasts.
I don't know...that S5 is Floret Silver...
Old 06-08-15, 07:01 AM
ClaudeNX
Rookie

Do we really care about what other people think, I got my NX200T because I like the looks of it,
Old 06-08-15, 07:52 AM
Drtbk4ever
Driver

I wanted the NX200 because "90% of communication is non-verbal" and I "want to be heard".

Here is my favourite NX commercial. With the lovely ladies in this ad, do you think it was aimed at men or women drivers? But to be honest, does it really matter.

Last edited by Drtbk4ever; 06-08-15 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-08-15, 09:05 AM
aIRpeACE
Rookie

the NX looks aggressive esp with the Fsport.
Old 06-08-15, 06:59 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by leej865
I don't know...that S5 is Floret Silver...
LOL, I was going to go with Daytona Gray to be more butch but that was the color of my last S5.

Quick Reply: Is the NX a Girl's Car?