NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Is the NX a Girl's Car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-15, 02:06 PM
PetroVal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronn1
Well, you can have your impressions, and you can care about your community impressions...I could care less. I buy a vehicle because I like it, with my money, and I don't care what other people think. The point is that it shouldn't matter what you drive to go to any place of business etc., or to go anywhere else. I do not think that Lexus built the NX for this type of discussion, nor did they build the RX for just a women or guy. They built these cars in hopes that people will like their product. They added a mirror in the console...so what, i don't use it, but it is there for a women or who ever wants to use it. My girl friend used it today, so it serves a purpose. People need to get a life if they are concerned about what others drive. I have friends, and yes males, that have driven a VW beetle.....I never for once gave it a second thought as to them driving a " femme " car. I have a great male friend who drives a Jetta....so is something wrong with that ? My point...this is ridiculous behavior to be concerned about what another person drives. I love the NX, and I would think that people with the money and education to afford this vehicle, or any Lexus or other Luxury car, would not waste their time with this type of thread. I sure have wasted mine, but not now. Club Lexus has been very informative and helpful before the purchase of mine, and I sure want to hope I can continue to be a part of it, but not this ridiculous thread nor the poll. End of discussion. I have more important things to do than waste my time with this. You do have the right to you opinion , and I have stated mine.
I think there's an option to unsubscribe from the thread so you won't get email notifications if others post in the topic.
Old 05-09-15, 03:04 PM
Bdwg22
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife keeps saying my Rioja interior has pink stitching on the dash and seats. It looks red to me.
Old 05-09-15, 03:49 PM
drifter123
Rookie

I concede I have feminine qualities. Love Mom!

Last edited by drifter123; 05-09-15 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-10-15, 06:04 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

This thread has grown to be ridiculous. By the way, if you didn't pay attention above, I'm a gay guy. As such, I hereby declare that the NX is a gay man's car, which I suspect many of you will think is "worse" than being a "girl's car".

What's next? Shall we launch into a discussion surrounding big 4WDs and muscle cars as being "compensation" for some "male deficiency"?

Please close this thread.

Last edited by 15RC350F; 05-10-15 at 06:16 AM.
Old 05-10-15, 07:15 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There was a Two and A Half men's episode about this on a Porsche that was almost this funny!!
Old 05-10-15, 07:27 AM
PetroVal
Driver School Candidate

Mods, let's move this thread to the Car Chat forum.
Old 05-10-15, 07:39 AM
leej865
Driver

Originally Posted by spcran4d
This thread has grown to be ridiculous. By the way, if you didn't pay attention above, I'm a gay guy. As such, I hereby declare that the NX is a gay man's car, which I suspect many of you will think is "worse" than being a "girl's car".

What's next? Shall we launch into a discussion surrounding big 4WDs and muscle cars as being "compensation" for some "male deficiency"?

Please close this thread.
I have to agree...and I am staking another claim for 'gay man's car' too...it's only fair that we get our votes counted too.

Odds are that there were multiple gay men on the design team for the NX anyway, since we are the primary designers in the world...in fact, the last time we let a straight man design anything, we ended up with the fanny pack.

Last edited by leej865; 05-10-15 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-10-15, 07:45 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Originally Posted by leej865
...the last time we let a straight man design anything, we ended up with the fanny pack.
ROFLMAO
Old 05-10-15, 08:02 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, while I don't care for gender bias in a car, I have to admit that there multiple biases that come into effect every time one sees a car that either stand out visually or due to the action of their drivers. No one can claim that these don't come to mind as they get closer to the car and take a look at owner/driver. In fact, I posit here, that the only reason to look at who is driving is to confirm or deny the very bias that came to mind.

For those that want this thread closed or moved, why is that? Why not just ignore it? does it strike a nerve every time you see it there with a new reply? do you feel the urge to read it? Will moving it put out of sight for you? it won't make it go away, it will be there, always, as you approach a NX on the road and wonder, is it a guy, a girl, an Asian/Caucasian/Brown/Black, gay/straight looking person driving it? you know it, don't you?

Last edited by My0gr81; 05-10-15 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-10-15, 01:15 PM
1811Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Just came across this discussion and to be honest, I am surprised that people (as poll in another thread showed) in their 30, 40 and even 60, who just coughed up over 40 grand (which is more than a yearly average U.S. family income) concerned if NX is male/female/gay or anything in between.

What do we have to prove? With 40+ thousands spent anyone on here could've gotten themselves a Mustang GT. is Mustang a female car? However, the choose was made against a muscle car, because most of us have nothing to prove and drive what we want.

Enough said.

Moreover, this immatur'ish discussion serves no purpose and I'd ask of moderators to close it. This discussion has no business to be on this reputable Lexus forum.
Old 05-10-15, 01:22 PM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1811Lexus
Just came across this discussion and to be honest, I am surprised that people (as poll in another thread showed) in their 30, 40 and even 60, who just coughed up over 40 grand (which is more than a yearly average U.S. family income) concerned if NX is male/female/gay or anything in between.

What do we have to prove? With 40+ thousands spent anyone on here could've gotten themselves a Mustang GT. is Mustang a female car? However, the choose was made against a muscle car, because most of us have nothing to prove and drive what we want.

Enough said.

Moreover, this immatur'ish discussion serves no purpose and I'd ask of moderators to close it. This discussion has no business to be on this reputable Lexus forum.
Yes, a car is a machine in the first place and actually has nothing to do with gender which is a human trait. Imagine the guys on the aircraft forums start a thread: "Is a Boeing 747 a girls plane?"
Old 05-10-15, 04:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick101

There is no secret that there is a certain type of market for cars and SUV's for masculine and feminine traits. Masculine cars are always larger, bigger engines, and faster. Feminine traits in cars always tend to me more practical, safer, economical (even though it just means being smart).
Those images are stereotypes that are promoted mainly by the auto press and enthusiast magazines. More often than not, those stereotypes have little to do with reality.
Old 05-11-15, 09:21 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You know what the NX reminds me of? Has anyone ever seen the Simpsons episode with the Canyonero?

LMAO.. okay I joke enough. Even though I still think its a really cool car, to me it looks more like a chicks car. But my friends say the same thing about my IS250 as well
Old 05-11-15, 12:07 PM
Levin
Driver School Candidate

Funny thing, I thought of it initially for my girl. Then sat in it and wanted it for me. So now I think of it as a, "I'm not that old yet" Lexus.
Old 05-11-15, 12:13 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Originally Posted by Levin
Funny thing, I thought of it initially for my girl. Then sat in it and wanted it for me. So now I think of it as a, "I'm not that old yet" Lexus.
Best answer yet.

Quick Reply: Is the NX a Girl's Car?