NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

special orders for the NX

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-15, 01:58 PM
kaze
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default special orders for the NX

so i spoke with my local dealer and they told me that certain things ALWAYS come with the F-sport like navigation. is this true? i read on the forums that it is possible to order a base f-sport model but this dealer doesnt seem to be willing to help. maybe its the salesman... has anyone sucessfully ordered a simple BASE f-sport in the NYC area? please PM me! thanks!
Old 04-23-15, 02:45 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaze
so i spoke with my local dealer and they told me that certain things ALWAYS come with the F-sport like navigation. is this true? i read on the forums that it is possible to order a base f-sport model but this dealer doesnt seem to be willing to help. maybe its the salesman... has anyone sucessfully ordered a simple BASE f-sport in the NYC area? please PM me! thanks!
Could be the dealer or a regional build. I know for a fact that you can order an f-sport without nav, since it is available in Hawaii. But same as Hawaii, they only order specific flavors, so no "special orders" that isn't already a regional spec approved config.
Old 04-23-15, 02:54 PM
kaze
Driver School Candidate

ohhhh, there are regional specs? hmmm didnt know about this, i guess i should see if anyone has a f-sport non navi in the nyc area then! soooo anyone? lol

or maybe ill go to another region to get the car lol
Old 04-23-15, 03:12 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe even just the dealer. Try another dealer to confirm.
Old 04-24-15, 02:46 AM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

Yes there are regional configs but non base models can be ordered. You can Go to Lexus.com & build your NX & have it sent to your dealer. Elevate it to the sales manager &/or check another dealer. I have a F Sport on special order without Nav...it's a base with sunroof added & Lex required adding auto dimmimg mirror & heated steering wheel. You can also check on Cargurus.com for available inventory near & far. I suspect your salesman told you that so you'll select from their current inventory. I suggest considering selecting from inventory & negotiating the price down unless you're extremely patient because it appears Lexus is backed up on special orders.
Old 04-24-15, 08:06 AM
drifter123
Rookie

FYI, ordered mine on 07 APR and was told to expect it in July.
Old 04-24-15, 09:41 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by drifter123
Time will move more easily when viewing and participating in this forum.

Congrats btw!
Old 04-24-15, 09:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by drifter123
Time will move more easily when viewing and participating in this forum.

Congrats btw!
Old 05-07-15, 06:03 PM
PetroVal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexRTR
Yes there are regional configs but non base models can be ordered. You can Go to Lexus.com & build your NX & have it sent to your dealer. Elevate it to the sales manager &/or check another dealer. I have a F Sport on special order without Nav...it's a base with sunroof added & Lex required adding auto dimmimg mirror & heated steering wheel. You can also check on Cargurus.com for available inventory near & far. I suspect your salesman told you that so you'll select from their current inventory. I suggest considering selecting from inventory & negotiating the price down unless you're extremely patient because it appears Lexus is backed up on special orders.
So happy to have found this. My wife and I have been searching for months for an F sport without navigation. Could you please give an update on your experience? How was the ordering process.. what exactly did you do, say, need to provide? Because every salesman I've spoken with cagey on the subject.

We are dying for an F sport in atomic silver with riojo red/metallic sport interior, comfort pack + blind spot monitor & preferred accessory package with summer tires (flexible). Intuitive parking assist and power rear door not preferred but not deal breakers either.

No moonroof or nav, those are the deal breakers!

So far I've only found (1) without nav but with premium package and (1) without nav or moonroof - it was a complete stripper with only preferred accessory package and illuminated door sills but black on black

If anyone out there knows of F sports without Nav - please shoot me a PM, will fly anywhere in the continental US!
Old 05-07-15, 08:09 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PetroVal
So happy to have found this. My wife and I have been searching for months for an F sport without navigation. Could you please give an update on your experience? How was the ordering process.. what exactly did you do, say, need to provide? Because every salesman I've spoken with cagey on the subject.

We are dying for an F sport in atomic silver with riojo red/metallic sport interior, comfort pack + blind spot monitor & preferred accessory package with summer tires (flexible). Intuitive parking assist and power rear door not preferred but not deal breakers either.

No moonroof or nav, those are the deal breakers!

So far I've only found (1) without nav but with premium package and (1) without nav or moonroof - it was a complete stripper with only preferred accessory package and illuminated door sills but black on black

If anyone out there knows of F sports without Nav - please shoot me a PM, will fly anywhere in the continental US!
I'm glad to help. I've done extensive research on getting specific options on the F Sport. My experience has been terrible with the special order & more but that doesn't mean it may not be the way for you to go. I think my dealer may be/caused part of my issue by delaying to place the order. I placed my order on Feb 11th and was informed it was accepted on Mar 6. That was the last status received near 90 days from my order date which is the time period I was told I could expect...another 30 for cushion so between 90-120 days. Without having a build date it's no way it will be completed even by 120 days which is why tomorrow I'm "pulling the plug" and canceling my order. This opened the door for me to explore other manufactures, consequently I'm taking possession of a loaded 2015 Lincoln MKC tomorrow.

Now to assist you further. I found 1 I thought had your specs in Phoenix (Lexus of Chandler) but discovered it has a moonroof. I had a very good experience with their internet contact when I was searching nationwide so you may want to contact them: www.lexusofchandler.com or 866-369-6357. Also while I was searching I came across an ad for Lexus of Tuscon which promotes they have a Vehicle Locating Service and will search Nationwide. It may be a marketing ploy but won't hurt to check out: 855-479-3227 or http://www.lexusoftucson.com. I suggest you special order only if necessary & it may be in order to get your specifications. You can also search on cargurus.com. The trick is to use the Used Vehicle search that first comes up. It will allow you to select the NX and put in your zip then search. When the search comes up you can change the distance on the left side to Nationwide from the pull down arrow then make other selections. The color is just Silver so it will pull up both Silver Lining and Atomic Silver. No good way to select interior colors though. Hope this helps & good luck. Feel free to ask me more via a reply or PM.
Old 05-07-15, 09:05 PM
PetroVal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexRTR
I'm glad to help. I've done extensive research on getting specific options on the F Sport. My experience has been terrible with the special order & more but that doesn't mean it may not be the way for you to go. I think my dealer may be/caused part of my issue by delaying to place the order. I placed my order on Feb 11th and was informed it was accepted on Mar 6. That was the last status received near 90 days from my order date which is the time period I was told I could expect...another 30 for cushion so between 90-120 days. Without having a build date it's no way it will be completed even by 120 days which is why tomorrow I'm "pulling the plug" and canceling my order. This opened the door for me to explore other manufactures, consequently I'm taking possession of a loaded 2015 Lincoln MKC tomorrow.

Now to assist you further. I found 1 I thought had your specs in Phoenix (Lexus of Chandler) but discovered it has a moonroof. I had a very good experience with their internet contact when I was searching nationwide so you may want to contact them: www.lexusofchandler.com or 866-369-6357. Also while I was searching I came across an ad for Lexus of Tuscon which promotes they have a Vehicle Locating Service and will search Nationwide. It may be a marketing ploy but won't hurt to check out: 855-479-3227 or http://www.lexusoftucson.com. I suggest you special order only if necessary & it may be in order to get your specifications. You can also search on cargurus.com. The trick is to use the Used Vehicle search that first comes up. It will allow you to select the NX and put in your zip then search. When the search comes up you can change the distance on the left side to Nationwide from the pull down arrow then make other selections. The color is just Silver so it will pull up both Silver Lining and Atomic Silver. No good way to select interior colors though. Hope this helps & good luck. Feel free to ask me more via a reply or PM.
If you're ever in Southern California, first round is on me. I will be calling/following up on links provided. Thanks!
Old 05-07-15, 11:38 PM
LexRTR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PetroVal
If you're ever in Southern California, first round is on me. I will be calling/following up on links provided. Thanks!
OK. I used to live in San Diego for a lil while & still visit family on occasion there.
Old 05-08-15, 09:36 AM
PetroVal
Driver School Candidate

Excellent, not too far from my 'hood. Really, let me know - I'll happily make the drive out for a beer and car chat.

I've emailed Pompano Beach (JM dealership) and let them know what I'm looking for. They do have (1) F-sport without Nav but it has the moon roof and a few extra add-ons Close but no cigar.

Still encouraging - went from being told that Lexus would never make a car optioned like this, to find a complete base stripper, to finding an almost perfect example. And it's only been a week between those two.

Who am I kidding, the hunt is the best part!
Old 05-08-15, 12:11 PM
BriSmi
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know an efficient way to check specific inventory other than going to each dealer's individual website? I can do a regional search, but I can't find out which dealership a specific car is located (I assume that's by design). In addition, I'd like to broaden my search beyond my region.
Old 05-09-15, 11:20 AM
brendaman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BriSmi
Does anyone know an efficient way to check specific inventory other than going to each dealer's individual website? I can do a regional search, but I can't find out which dealership a specific car is located (I assume that's by design). In addition, I'd like to broaden my search beyond my region.
You can use cars.com.

Quick Reply: special orders for the NX