NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

New headlights on NX

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 04:29 PM
shark485
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New headlights on NX

We just came back from the dealer and they shared the next shipment of NX will have new headlights (LED Headlamps without auto high beam for $1160). i am concerned about buying it if the front will look dated by this new standard feature. Has anyone heard similar?

Apparently, it has boxy headlamps more similar to the Acura RDX.
Old 04-20-15, 05:15 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are referring to the triple beam LED lights, then I don't feel it will look dated. It actually looks nicer and more futuristic then the standard headlamps. Look at them side by side and then make your decision. I am sure you will like the triple LED lights better. They are REALLY white though. But, everyone has different tastes.
Old 04-20-15, 06:36 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

U need to clarify your post. What new headlights are u referring to?

Currently it's the hids (standard) and I believe auto high beam comes with a package

Or

Triple led beam headlights without auto high beam that cost extra.
Old 04-20-15, 07:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

@coolsaber. I believe he's referring to the Triple L LED headlights. Note though all NX's (even base projector) are LED, not HID.

@shark485. These are the triple L LEDs and the standard projector LED lights follow:

Old 04-20-15, 07:41 PM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shark485
We just came back from the dealer and they shared the next shipment of NX will have new headlights (LED Headlamps without auto high beam for $1160). i am concerned about buying it if the front will look dated by this new standard feature. Has anyone heard similar?

Apparently, it has boxy headlamps more similar to the Acura RDX.
Triple LED lights look amazing. That was one of my main features i wanted in my car. I was able to configure my NX to my needs
Old 04-20-15, 08:47 PM
VipVip
Rookie

Originally Posted by Xtino
Triple LED lights look amazing. That was one of my main features i wanted in my car. I was able to configure my NX to my needs
Xtino
Its a great car. make sure you configure it with exactly what you want. dont let the dealer fast talk you. What you think maybe included , may not be. so ask and get it in writing.
Dont make the same mistake I did
Old 04-21-15, 04:32 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not want Triple beams when I was looking for my wife's NX. I really didn't want to pay extra for them because I didn't see the value - regularLED headlights work fine, right? I do prefer the look of the triple beams but on principle I didn't want the extra cost. I did have that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I would possibly regret this decision every time I passed an NX with the triple beams though.

So I walked into a dealership one day not expecting them to work up a deal. I had noticed that all of the local inventory optioned the way we wanted also had the triple beam headlights. Ended up getting a very fair deal and buying the NX with the triple beams (we lease so the cost per month was only a few dollars more so it turned out to not be a big deal after all).

I can say, I am very happy with the triple beams. First of all, they are cool! They also do a great job lighting up the road. We have a lot of back, suburban/rural roads and they light the way nicely. I was also glad they did not include the auto hi beams. I'm sure they've improved the system but on our RX, that system was terrible and we needed up having the dealer turn it off (odd we couldn't do that ourselves).

Anyway, I would guess more folks are wondering if they'll regret NOT getting the triple beams

Good lucks with whatever you choose to do!

Edit: Don't forget to view these triple beams at night. They may look a little 'boxy' like you mention in your post during the day, but at night they look pretty amazing.
Old 04-21-15, 05:16 AM
papa214
Rookie

the triple lights are very sharp looking. wish I had them on my F Sport.
Old 04-21-15, 05:16 AM
shark485
Driver School Candidate

@CorradoMR2 thank you, that is exactly what I was asking about. The dealer made it sound like the 3 led light will be the only option going forward which made us delay purchase decision of the one we drove. They also shared other minor changes are common in new cars to the lineup.

But the pictures are really helpful to see the difference!
Old 04-21-15, 05:29 AM
lude101
Driver School Candidate

I wish I have that option as well but due to the dealer trade at that time. Do u think those Triple L LED headlights can be retro fitted if that is a available in the near future????
Old 04-21-15, 04:21 PM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VipVip
Xtino
Its a great car. make sure you configure it with exactly what you want. dont let the dealer fast talk you. What you think maybe included , may not be. so ask and get it in writing.
Dont make the same mistake I did
I already got my car about a month ago and it has everything I wanted.
Old 04-22-15, 02:52 AM
joeyd27
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
@coolsaber. I believe he's referring to the Triple L LED headlights. Note though all NX's (even base projector) are LED, not HID.

@shark485. These are the triple L LEDs and the standard projector LED lights follow:

Of course there's the 3rd option, standard on the F Sport. Standard projector LED lights with enhanced LED DRL's