NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Carista app information (Merged Threads)

Old 04-15-15, 08:18 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Carista app

Great app! I used it for the very first time today. Very intuitive and easy to use.
Old 04-16-15, 08:42 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NXFan
How long do you estimate it will take for the lane change flash function? That and the remote window and sunroof open is all I want. Thanks.
We should have a beta version with it available within a few days, hopefully for both platforms (Android and iOS). Android will probably be first because Apple has to approve all versions.
Old 04-19-15, 07:33 AM
jrovito
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using the Carista app for about a year now.. I bought it to use it with my CT200H and that ever annoying backup ding... Only the dealer would be able to remove it but scheduling an appt and wasting 2 hours at the dealer for that was not worth it.. I use an Android phone and bought the OBD2 bluetooth adapter on Amazon... It works awesome on the NX. I was able to change a few settings like unlock all doors instead of just drivers side first.. Remove seat belt warning ding, etc... Anything the dealer can do, you can do. Well worth the money..

I have used it on Toyotas and even on my brother's VW Jetta...

I can do a data dump of the settings you can change and post it here if anyone wants to see...

This is the OBD2 adapter I bought and it works amazing

Amazon.com: BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY: Automotive Amazon.com: BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY: Automotive
Old 04-19-15, 08:29 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spcran4d
All:

I was able to successfully use the free version of the Carista iPhone app to check my NX for faults (of which there were none) and (with the $19.99 Pro version of the app) modify whatever "dealer-only" Lexus Personalized Settings I wished. The application connected very easily to the OBDII device and worked flawlessly.

Incidentally, for the iPhone, make sure you purchase a wifi OBDII adapter (rather than a bluetooth one, which won't work). I used this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered this baby for my NX. Where is the plug-in inside the NX?

Thanks again for the help...
Old 04-19-15, 09:33 AM
F6FHellcat
Driver School Candidate

While facing the steering wheel, look down and to the left. Carista works with my iPhone 6 over WiFi. The iPhone found the device and I was off and running.
Old 04-19-15, 10:27 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by F6FHellcat
While facing the steering wheel, look down and to the left. Carista works with my iPhone 6 over WiFi. The iPhone found the device and I was off and running.
Perfect!! I have an iPhone 6 too!! Thanks for your help!!!!
Old 04-19-15, 07:34 PM
F6FHellcat
Driver School Candidate

Looks like you also ordered the ieGeek Interface, which is what I have. Make sure your accessories are on, plug in the interface, and it will show up on the WiFi settings of your iPhone. Choose the interface, and you are ready to go. Also works on the iPad.
Old 04-22-15, 08:21 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Got it hooked up today and it works great. No issues at all. Disabled seat belt alarm first thing!!

Thanks for the help!!
Old 04-22-15, 08:26 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Carista
We're in the process of adding that one for the NX. We already have it for many other Lexus models. It should be available in one of our upcoming beta-test versions and after that in our next official release.
Any updates on the Lane Change Signal Flashes. Just got your app working and anxious to change that one, #36 on the LPS sheet.

Thanks for any info!! Great app so far and love it!!
Old 04-22-15, 09:55 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GlenK
Any updates on the Lane Change Signal Flashes. Just got your app working and anxious to change that one, #36 on the LPS sheet.

Thanks for any info!! Great app so far and love it!!
It's coming up! My guess is within a few days, but I can't make any promises. Subscribe here if you'd like to be notified of the iOS beta's availability: http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/
Old 04-22-15, 10:00 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Thanks!! Signed up!
Old 04-22-15, 06:02 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can the App program smart keys into the Lexus NX?
Old 04-23-15, 03:12 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NXFan
Can the App program smart keys into the Lexus NX?
Nope, it cannot. We plan to investigate whether it's possible to add that as a feature in the future, but we don't know yet.
Old 04-23-15, 02:54 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Nope, it cannot. We plan to investigate whether it's possible to add that as a feature in the future, but we don't know yet.
Thanks! At least the dev answers our questions really quickly. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-27-15, 07:38 PM
NXFan
Rookie

It's coming up! My guess is within a few days, but I can't make any promises. Subscribe here if you'd like to be notified of the iOS beta's availability: http://www.caristaapp.com/ios/
It's been 10 days since I first asked about the lane change feature and you,stated the beta version was to come out in a couple of days. Any status? I already bought the Wifi adapter and paid the $20 for the pro version.
Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carista app information (Merged Threads)