NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

LEather vs Leatherette

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-15, 12:00 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEather vs Leatherette

Does the F Sport package automatically include the perf leather trimmed seats? I looked around on the Lexus website but didn't find a definitive answer. There's no mention of the perf leather trimmed seats in the F Sport Package listed on the website. I know they are listed in the Luxury package.

There are so many packages available but usually unless you do a custom order, the cars on the lot can have odd combos.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-05-15, 01:10 PM
drifter123
Rookie

Originally Posted by thedwp
There are so many packages available but usually unless you do a custom order, the cars on the lot can have odd combos.
You got that right. My deal can’t find an atomic silver F sport anywhere with the options I want so it’s going to be a long wait for me. I ordered 15k in upgrades but I can’t wait to see it. Led headlights and day time running lights, 19” rims, Running boards, door protectors, and mud flaps on the exterior.

Last edited by drifter123; 04-05-15 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-05-15, 02:54 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In Canada, F-Sport is only available with nuluxe, Lexus' version of fleather (fake leather).. US models can be individually ordered with leather, I think.
Old 04-05-15, 08:34 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by My0gr81
In Canada, F-Sport is only available with nuluxe, Lexus' version of fleather (fake leather).. US models can be individually ordered with leather, I think.
On the sticker that was on my car, under the F-Sport options it says "F Sport Nuluxe seats", then below that it says "perforated leather trimmed" and "leather wrapped steering wheel"....so I'm trying to figure out what I have...nuluxe with leather trim???? because the "trim" isn't perforated...I guess I'll give the dealership a call...because I didn't discover this until I got the car home.
Old 04-05-15, 08:46 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by drifter123
You got that right. My deal can’t find an atomic silver F sport anywhere with the options I want so it’s going to be a long wait for me. I ordered 15k in upgrades but I can’t wait to see it. Led headlights and day time running lights, 19” rims, Running boards, door protectors, and mud flaps on the exterior.
Sweet! sounds like you're gonna be all set!
Old 04-06-15, 04:38 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the sticker that was on my car, under the F-Sport options it says "F Sport Nuluxe seats", then below that it says "perforated leather trimmed" and "leather wrapped steering wheel"....so I'm trying to figure out what I have...nuluxe with leather trim???? because the "trim" isn't perforated...I guess I'll give the dealership a call...because I didn't discover this until I got the car home.
The steering wheel trim is perforated leather where your hands hold the wheel, and where the heater would be for those with the heated wheel option and leather everywhere else. The seats are nuluxe.
Old 04-06-15, 05:35 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

To avoid any confusion, N. America:

F Sport seats are Nuluxe only at this time for MY 2015.

Leather (perforated) is on the steering wheel and shift ****. Door panels/arm rests, dash above glovebox, console sides/arm rest are not leather.
Old 04-06-15, 07:14 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

I totally agree. I wish the US had the Executive trim.

This is one area where I like Honda / Acura's sales approach with trim levels.

I look through inventory. I like the Luxury package but some have Blind spot, some Parking assist, some collision sensors, some LED head lights, and some other things but rarely am I finding all of them together. It would have been better to include them all in the Luxury package or have a safety package with the 3-4 safety options included. I have not seen any in the US with the Lane keeping system.
Old 04-06-15, 09:12 AM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
To avoid any confusion, N. America:

F Sport seats are Nuluxe only at this time for MY 2015.

Leather (perforated) is on the steering wheel and shift ****. Door panels/arm rests, dash above glovebox, console sides/arm rest are not leather.
Thanks for the clarification...thats a real disappointment.
Old 04-06-15, 09:34 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Thanks for the clarification...thats a real disappointment.
It's worth taking a look at. I never would have thought it, but after having NuLuxe in my IS and leather in my RX, I would pick NuLuxe every time when given the choice.
Old 04-06-15, 09:54 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
It's worth taking a look at. I never would have thought it, but after having NuLuxe in my IS and leather in my RX, I would pick NuLuxe every time when given the choice.
When we were shopping for our CUV about 2 years ago, we were looking at the X3 and GLK. Both come standard with their brand of vinyl, with leather as an option. The vinyl was not bad at all and would not have been a deal breaker on either one. It's come a long way. Same with the NuLuxe from Lexus which I think is nice.
Old 04-06-15, 10:10 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
When we were shopping for our CUV about 2 years ago, we were looking at the X3 and GLK. Both come standard with their brand of vinyl, with leather as an option. The vinyl was not bad at all and would not have been a deal breaker on either one. It's come a long way. Same with the NuLuxe from Lexus which I think is nice.
Indeed, it has really surprised me. Part of it may be my own perspective, as I view NuLuxe as its own thing, rather than "fake leather" or "leatherette". I find it to be softer and to offer more grip than leather, with lower maintenance, and better long term wear. With the leather in my RX, I am always cleaning and protecting it, yet I still have some lines and creases after 18 months of wear. With my IS (also 18 months), I do nothing to the NuLuxe but wipe it down with a damp cloth, and I have yet to create a single crease. It looks just like the day I brought it home.

The only thing that's missing with NuLuxe is the leather smell.
Old 04-06-15, 12:48 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDR76

Really? I've never had it before. The seats seem real stiff...does the NuLuxe soften up over time?
Old 04-06-15, 01:04 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

I've never had it before either, but the NuLuxe sure seems super soft and supple on our 300h as well. Much better than the leather on my Toyota Prius (2006).

Phil
Old 04-06-15, 01:25 PM
thedwp
Rookie

I'm actually surprised to find that NuLuxe seats are the only option on the NX and even if you want an IS350 F Sport, it's the only option as well...in order to get leather seats you have to switch to the 'luxury' package which cancels out the F Sport package, which to me is a deal breaker.

The GS F Sports come standard with leather which is what I have in mine...so when I went in to pick up the NX I didn't even think to ask the question.

Quick Reply: LEather vs Leatherette