NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

How often and when do dealers typically get new vehicles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-15, 10:08 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often and when do dealers typically get new vehicles?

I am still shopping around as I await my tax refund for a down payment. I am between the 2016 RDX and the 2015 NX. Both are nice vehicles and can serve my needs well. I like the NX styling better but it may come down to price, color, and which one will give the best True Car pricing discount. In addition, it may come down to inventory and deals if my current car (10 years old with 150k miles on it) decides to not run well any longer. Since the RDX won't be out for a few weeks the NX may have the advantage.

For the NX I am hoping for a non-F sport model with the Luxury package in the Meteoric Blue color with the tri LED headlamps. I want the safety tech too but I think the Lane Departure system is not available on the dealer stock and would need to be special ordered. Since special orders probably will not get TrueCar discounts I can always skip that feature.

I have been looking at dealer inventory for a number of local Lexus dealers along with listings on yourlexusdealer.com after configuring a vehicle on the main Lexus site. For some reason the dealer inventories don't match the yourlexusdealer inventories. Does anyone know which is more accurate?

Also, when and how often will dealers be taking in new inventory as I would like to be aware when to look for the vehicle I desire. This will also help me when I look at the online inventories especially since very few meteoric blue vehicles are in my local dealerships.
Old 04-01-15, 11:16 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

I would hold your breath on too large of a discount of any kind. The NX is very popular right now and very limited in terms of availability. The triple LED head lamps are very hard to come by, if there are even any that haven't been a special order.

If you want specific things you are probably looking at a special order, or at a dealer doing a trade with another dealer to get what you want. But, most likely you won't find everything you want in the color you want at this time and get a discount on it. Some people are getting some money off of MSRP, but there are still plenty paying MSRP at this point.

Best of Luck!
Phil
Old 04-01-15, 03:57 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

I have seen some feedback on this site about some people in my area getting about 2-3k off MSRP. TrueCar and Edmunds are also showing about 4-5% off of MSRP in my area. I had 1 dealer right me after I did a True Car search offering me $1500 additional off the price of the car after TrueCar discounts. This was about 3 weeks ago when I was just browsing but it leads me to think deals can be made.

I am hoping that there may be some deal where they offer like $500 additional off because of the NY Auto Show. Some dealers offer Auto Show cash.

With the new RX being revealed and additional inventory coming in I am also hopeful more deals can be had. With the March sales event complete it may also mean there are no financing deals right now to also help deals if you can arrange your own financing.

Since I want a color that is not readily available I may only be able to get deals on Black, White, or Gray though.

If someone can let me know when dealers usually receive new inventory it can help my search.
Old 04-02-15, 08:10 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meteor blue is a rare color....they are NOT making too many of them...

I can tell you my dealer, 2nd largest Volume sales in the northeast currently has ZERO!
Old 04-03-15, 04:55 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
Meteor blue is a rare color....they are NOT making too many of them...

I can tell you my dealer, 2nd largest Volume sales in the northeast currently has ZERO!
yeah, I have actually been in contact with your dealer. I found them on TrueCar and they seem to want to deal. I think the only Meteoric Blue vehicle in our area is in Westchester right now with Ray Catena.
Old 04-03-15, 05:47 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you ask the dealer, they should be able to check to see if they have a car with the configuration you want on order. That's what happened for me. I put a deposit down for my car while it was still on the ship from Japan.