NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

New owner with some questions ..

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 11:51 AM
filippos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner with some questions ..

Hi everyone,

Great forum great tips …

I am driving an NX 300h Fsport for the past week and I have to say I am very pleased with the overall experience! The only drawback I can find is that it needs more power. IMO another 100hp would be great, or some torque at least would be nice.. lucky you guys with the 200t that has a turbo… an ecu remap would easily take the 200t to around 280hp .. Coming from a 3rd gen 450h with 345 hp, the nx feels like it takes for ever to accelerate… other than that the car is amazing….

I have some questions and i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out…

1. I am trying to customize the home screen but don’t know what kind of image file is supported. I plug the usb stick (fat32) with a jpg but it tells me that there is no file to transfer ….
2. Is there a way to disable the seatbelt alert ?
3. I noticed a “No messages” message on the dashboard, is there a way to delete it… or skip to any other info …
4. Is there any way to see digital fuel “range” remaining ? like in most cars …

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-30-15, 12:39 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

for 1 - the folder in the root of the FAT32 USB drive must be named "Image" Case sensitive

for 3 - can you just set another screen as the default, or you just don't want to see it when scrolling thru those screens?

for 4 - I could have sworn it shows that on the main LCD screen if you choose that as one of the information panels.

I think I saw it on one of the dash screens as well.
Old 03-30-15, 01:34 PM
mike1021
Driver School Candidate

for 2 - Needs to be disabled by the dealer at your first 5,000 mile service. It can be disabled for both the driver and the passenger.
Old 03-30-15, 01:44 PM
typocl
Instructor

also, have you tried putting the car in Sport mode when you start the car? I notice a big change when I do that on my 200T.
Old 03-30-15, 01:47 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

To add to typocl,

1 - I believe the file name should be less than 8 characters.jpg

4- distance range can be seen in both the 4.2" TFT screen and the 7" main screen. For the TFT screen, make sure you set it in the Settings option, Drive Info 1 or Drive Info 2 (mine is set in Info 2). For the main 7" screen, it's in the "Info" section.

Old 03-30-15, 02:34 PM
filippos
Driver School Candidate

thank you guys, I will try them when i have a chance and let you know.
Old 03-30-15, 02:52 PM
typocl
Instructor

I don't think the jpg file name has to be 8 characters or less. I'm pretty sure mine were longer. I know the system is case sensitive, and they changed the folder name required among the different models.

This is what I use for my startup image:

It doesn't stay up too long. But it is a funny thing to talk about when it's seen the first time. The Display Off image is kinda useless in my opinion. I thought it would display that image briefly when you turn the car off. But it's displayed when you literally go thru the menu and turn the display off. I can't imagine many people doing that.
Old 03-31-15, 11:55 AM
filippos
Driver School Candidate

As for the startup image it worked great thank you all, as for the image turning off the car, i too thought that it would display the image when i switch off power, but no luck.. The rest i didnt have time to try..

typocl - i have tried sport mode which makes a big difference, but not as much as i expected ... you see the cvt gearbox is annoying when i am trying to speed... i have the feeling its going to brake .. when i had it on the gs450h it didnt bother me so much because the acceleration was so good that it felt like an airbus was taking off... literally .. now it makes big noise for nothing... but if i drive in low speeds the car is great!
Old 04-01-15, 12:55 PM
filippos
Driver School Candidate

as for the "no messages" my stupidity ... today i pressed the arrows on the steering wheel and the info changed on the 4.7 tft screen and while scrolling i came across fuel range...
also i was playing around with sport mode and paddle shift and also had the ASC on and men that was fun!

thanks,
Old 04-01-15, 02:05 PM
typocl
Instructor

Originally Posted by filippos
as for the "no messages" my stupidity ... today i pressed the arrows on the steering wheel and the info changed on the 4.7 tft screen and while scrolling i came across fuel range...
also i was playing around with sport mode and paddle shift and also had the ASC on and men that was fun!

thanks,
I think we've all had those moments...glad you're liking things more
Old 04-03-15, 11:32 AM
jrovito
Driver School Candidate

for #2, I used the Carista app for Android with the bluetooth OBD2 adapter... I am able to do anything the dealer does... I think the app is like $10 and the adapter was another $15-20... Well worth it in my opinion.. You can also look at what faults the check engine light is throwing up and CLEAR them.

I disabled both driver and passenger seatbelt dings, took me 1 min to do it.
Old 04-03-15, 12:00 PM
wildeklave
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jrovito
for #2, I used the Carista app for Android with the bluetooth OBD2 adapter... I am able to do anything the dealer does... I think the app is like $10 and the adapter was another $15-20... Well worth it in my opinion.. You can also look at what faults the check engine light is throwing up and CLEAR them.

I find having an OBD2 code reader to be a great addition to my tool shelf. I recently upgraded to one that can read Airbag and ABS codes.

While it may not be needed for those who lease, it is invaluable for those who own a vehicle past warranty. Since many drivers are clueless about automotive fixes a code reader can at least assist in seeing what is wrong. Then a quick google search will educate you in what a potential part to fix it costs. For example, if you get a code for a sensor in the engine you may see it is only $125 part from Amazon or a local auto parts store. If a mechanic / dealer says the part if $325 you know they are trying to pull a fast one on you. Also, you will know if a mechanic says something additional is wrong and needs fixing that is actually in good order. As for labor, that will range from $75 to $150 an hour depending on where you go. Most dealers and franchised auto mechanics are between $90 and $130 an hour.
Old 04-04-15, 12:16 PM
filippos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jrovito

thank you, i'll have a look, although the adapter you linked me to doesn't cost 20$ but 68$!!!
Old 04-04-15, 02:43 PM
drifter123
Rookie

Could someone give me more details about customizing the home screen? Specifically, does it show up and disappear during start up or does it stay on until the cursor is moved? I found this one online.

Old 04-04-15, 04:56 PM
typocl
Instructor

it shows up for a few seconds during startup, then the legal disclaimer displays like usual. You're essentially replacing the Lexus startup logo. That pic is cool, just need to slap the Stark Industries logo somewhere...

Quick Reply: New owner with some questions ..