NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Dilemma - NX Fsport vs MDX

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-15, 05:15 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Met with acura dealer, they brought the price of a AWD tech package with acura watch down to $2k from my NX order price.

The decision gets tougher...I'm actually stressing out about it quite a bit.

Issue is ill have to order it as well since these packaged models are hard to find.
Old 04-01-15, 05:23 PM
Camper01
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swacer
Met with acura dealer, they brought the price of a AWD tech package with acura watch down to $2k from my NX order price.

Issue is ill have to order it as well since these packaged models are hard to find.
Swacer: that's really tough decision. I am curious of your decision and the reasons. Please keep us updated.
I ordered mine 6 weeks ago. Still waiting.
Old 04-01-15, 05:28 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Have you considered the refreshed RDX? They made some styling tweaks and added some missing features.
Old 04-01-15, 05:38 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

If you get a 2015 i bet you can tip the scales even more to the MDX. BUT Only if its advanced + ent as those get you the same as the acurawatch package. I have heard down to $48k + tax on those
Old 04-01-15, 05:45 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Have you considered the refreshed RDX? They made some styling tweaks and added some missing features.
Nah. I prefer the size of the mdx and design. Initially, I figured the mdx would be out of my price range and I didn't even consider it. So the NX was a straight forward awesome choice. But now with a dealer willing to play ball on the mdx. It throws the straight forward for a bunch of curves becuase now it's raised the question "what if..."
Old 04-01-15, 05:47 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by coolsaber
If you get a 2015 i bet you can tip the scales even more to the MDX. BUT Only if its advanced + ent as those get you the same as the acurawatch package. I have heard down to $48k + tax on those
2015s are starting to be hard to find per the acura dealer. Plus I liked the 9 speed personally. I got 23 mpg out of it on my drive to work. ZF needs to slightly tune it, but I really liked it.

Now on the other end, other than "potential" size, I can't think of a single thing wrong with the NX. Even the 6 speed shifts like a dream
Old 04-01-15, 06:30 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Putting practical/space considerations aside since the NX seems to meet your space criteria for your near future, consider how passionate (or not) you are about car ownership and if so, ask yourself what vehicle you would rather look at, be looked in, and drive.
Old 04-01-15, 06:57 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

decision probably got tougher with the new RX...not sure if that's even on the table for you
Old 04-01-15, 07:03 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by typocl
decision probably got tougher with the new RX...not sure if that's even on the table for you
Not a fan of it actually. Lol
Old 04-01-15, 07:27 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Im confused as to why you are still considering the NX if the RDX is too small.

Not sure how anybody could like the NX and not the new RX...
Old 04-01-15, 08:27 PM
Camper01
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drive mdx, nx, and qx60 before I ordered the nx. The reason I chose nx is because I have not seen any on street here, and it's a fresh new exotic look for me. (some people consider it weird look). I am the type of person that get bored easily and got bored looking at same old same old car on streets. Plus lexus always is a smooth ride, Acura as well. I travels a lot by myself, so I don't need a big car or big cargo space.
Old 04-01-15, 08:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camper01
I travels a lot by myself, so I don't need a big car or big cargo space.
Then why would you even consider the huge CVT QX60?!?

People's shopping process is baffling sometimes lol.
Old 04-01-15, 09:22 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Im confused as to why you are still considering the NX if the RDX is too small.

Not sure how anybody could like the NX and not the new RX...
I have been pretty clear with why the mdx is in this debate.

And it's personal opinion.....so.
Old 04-01-15, 09:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I have been pretty clear with why the mdx is in this debate.

And it's personal opinion.....so.
I'm not questioning he MDX, it sounds like you want the bigger vehicle. Why you're trying to force yourself to want the NX when it's obviously not what you actually want is what I don't understand. It made sense when you thought the MDX was outside your price range. It's not...it's what you want...buy it and stop stressing.
Old 04-02-15, 02:38 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I'm not questioning he MDX, it sounds like you want the bigger vehicle. Why you're trying to force yourself to want the NX when it's obviously not what you actually want is what I don't understand. It made sense when you thought the MDX was outside your price range. It's not...it's what you want...buy it and stop stressing.
You've made some big assumptions here. I see the great value in both cars and at near equal prices, I haven't chosen the best option.

I am actually more in favor of the NX for the exact reasons mr2 listed above, but I want to do a full review of options before committing.

I'm 27 right now, so I'm at that weird age where I can still buy something that works for us now and with a kid (or 2) planning 6-8 yrs out and be tight in the csr (NX) OR I can buy bigger now and have the space, and if we only have 1 kid, my car is a bit big for what we need it for.

I want to make a choice such that I have the future covered. Becuase I'm not swapping cars later because of ill planning. My plan is a GT-R in 6 yrs. Not another family car lol

Last edited by Swacer; 04-02-15 at 04:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Dilemma - NX Fsport vs MDX