NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Noises, Squeaks, Rattles and Solutions Thread

Old 04-28-15, 07:00 AM
Marlon177
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo607
While parking my car today, I heard gas splashing noise like you guys stated, Is it normal?
i highly doubt that should be normal. We have other SUVs in our family and we never heard this kind of noise coming from the fuel tank.

Update: After talking to Lexus NA, we are waiting for an engineer from the corporate to have a test drive with us.
Old 04-28-15, 10:56 AM
Drtbk4ever
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard this before on other SUVs. But only when the tank was full.
Old 05-02-15, 05:50 PM
Camper01
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noise source

Originally Posted by Ngkeith18
I have the same noise from the same place, my agent couldn't pin point it.. Please let me know if you found out..
Dealer fixed the noise that sounds like some lose parts when the car gets between 40-60mph. The noise actually was from a piece of plastic cover under the car, near driver seat region. The plastic cover is secured to the car with plastic rivet and the rivet was broken. Dealer replaced the rivet and inserted some foam in the cover, the noise was gone.
To be more specific on the noise, in case yours is similar, please see below:
1. Noise sounds like lose part rattling.
2. Noise only comes on above 40mph and gone at 70mph
3. From cabin, Noise appears to come from behind driver seat and near rear door of driver side. (But in reality it was under the car as the dealer found out)
The following users liked this post:
lexor1 (06-22-21)
Old 05-05-15, 06:40 AM
Marlon177
Driver School Candidate

updated the first post with a video clip for weird engine noise.
Old 05-11-15, 04:12 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you stepping on the gas - or is it just making the whirling sound on its own. Either way , I'm pretty certain its the turbo..
The dealer cannot answer that?
Old 05-11-15, 04:59 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I noticed a slight rattle in my passenger side this morning. It only occurs when hitting bumps. I'll have to have my wife take a look when I'm driving and see if she can pin point it.

Hopefully its not a big deal and I can just "push" the body panel in the right way to fix it.
Old 05-11-15, 05:10 AM
Gizmo607
Driver School Candidate

I believe that the fuel
Splashing noise occurs when u hit the brakes and the car is slanted downwards
Old 05-11-15, 07:04 AM
leej865
Driver

The only noise I have detected...other than my singing along with the radio...is a bit of wind noise at the driver's side window...and it is very slight.
Old 05-11-15, 07:34 AM
Marlon177
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tom59
Are you stepping on the gas - or is it just making the whirling sound on its own. Either way , I'm pretty certain its the turbo..
The dealer cannot answer that?
im pretty sure it is not the turbo. i test drove another NX F sport, it doesnt make the same sound, and that sound occurs with or without the turbo kicks in.

Last edited by Marlon177; 05-11-15 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-11-15, 11:36 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had a pretty irritating squeak that made me think I was losing it at times. First it sounded like it was the Nav Screen area squeaking, then if you turned your head the right way it sounded like it was coming from the Left Rear Passenger Door. Then if you turned and looked straight back, it sounded like the rear hatch...

Turned out to be the Backseat Center Pull Down Arm Rest w/Cup Holders that was squeaking .... it was a leather-on-leather squeak i guess (or whatever you call it - pleather-on-pleather).... thank gawd I found that one.
Old 05-11-15, 12:04 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cb80923
I have had a pretty irritating squeak that made me think I was losing it at times. First it sounded like it was the Nav Screen area squeaking, then if you turned your head the right way it sounded like it was coming from the Left Rear Passenger Door. Then if you turned and looked straight back, it sounded like the rear hatch...

Turned out to be the Backseat Center Pull Down Arm Rest w/Cup Holders that was squeaking .... it was a leather-on-leather squeak i guess (or whatever you call it - pleather-on-pleather).... thank gawd I found that one.
How did you fix it, or are you just glad you know what's causing it?
Old 05-11-15, 02:40 PM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
How did you fix it, or are you just glad you know what's causing it?
After a couple months of trying to find it, this weekend just a DOWN and BACK UP fixed it (open and close the arm rest in the center of the back seat). I am guessing it will come back though based on it sounding like a leather-on-leather kinda squeak.

Very glad to know where it is coming from. 4600 miles on it now - will go in for 5K checkup soon, and will mention it.
Old 05-11-15, 06:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

After a couple months of trying to find it, this weekend just a DOWN and BACK UP fixed it (open and close the arm rest in the center of the back seat). I am guessing it will come back though based on it sounding like a leather-on-leather kinda squeak.

Very glad to know where it is coming from. 4600 miles on it now - will go in for 5K checkup soon, and will mention it.
Yeah I had the same squeak that was driving me nuts over winter until I also discovered it to be the center arm rest too. Moving it "Resets" it until it comes back. I haven't heard it in a while and it's probably due to the warmer temps now but I plan on putting some leather conditioner (even if Nuluxe) but only along the contact points. Hoping that will alleviate the squeak longer term.
Old 05-12-15, 01:40 AM
Ngkeith18
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I don't have this noise. Consider checking the license plate or loose mud flap (if equipped?) With some wind turbulence generated at the back at higher speed, it could be the contributing factor. For the plate, as a best practice even if it's not the issue, consider sticking on rubber/felt tape behind the plate to absorb any minor impacts (and noises) to the rear hatch.
The noise is partially gone after I twisted and turn the cable housing near my rear door hinge. I will continue to monitor..
Old 05-12-15, 01:42 AM
Ngkeith18
Driver School Candidate

I had that sound too!! All the way in Singapore. I shall try it again out later

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX Noises, Squeaks, Rattles and Solutions Thread