NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Noises, Squeaks, Rattles and Solutions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-15, 05:41 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pesttt
When I shut off the radio and drive from a cold start....I can hear the whistle sound you mention when I press on the gas...
I'll try it again later to see if I hear it when the car has been warmed up.
I hear the whistle noise as well after a cold start. But after driving for a couple minutes I no longer hear it.
Old 04-14-15, 08:20 AM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdcrow
I hear the whistle noise as well after a cold start. But after driving for a couple minutes I no longer hear it.
confirmed as well that whistle sound is no more after about 5 minutes of driving.

thx Rdcrow for having a look on urs.
Old 04-16-15, 08:55 PM
Camper01
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After several rounds of driving with all media off, I noticed a very annoying 'flapping' noise coming from back of driver side at 45mph above. It sounds like something at the back door has come lose. I checked the back door carefully but could not find anything that's. Can't say that I am worry but somewhat disappointed that a new Lexus would have this problem.

If I can't figure this out by next week, I probably will bring it to dealership; however, I am worry if the dealer would care to look into this small problem.
Old 04-17-15, 04:41 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdcrow
For this, I would recommend opening the hood and look for the bypass on the turbo. My guess would be that the turbo is being bypassed when the engine is cold.
Old 04-17-15, 07:51 AM
Ngkeith18
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some noise issue with a new NX

I have the same noise from the same place, my agent couldn't pin point it.. Please let me know if you found out..

Originally Posted by Camper01
After several rounds of driving with all media off, I noticed a very annoying 'flapping' noise coming from back of driver side at 45mph above. It sounds like something at the back door has come lose. I checked the back door carefully but could not find anything that's. Can't say that I am worry but somewhat disappointed that a new Lexus would have this problem.

If I can't figure this out by next week, I probably will bring it to dealership; however, I am worry if the dealer would care to look into this small problem.
Old 04-18-15, 05:58 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Camper01

Originally Posted by Ngkeith18
I have the same noise from the same place, my agent couldn't pin point it.. Please let me know if you found out..

I don't have this noise. Consider checking the license plate or loose mud flap (if equipped?) With some wind turbulence generated at the back at higher speed, it could be the contributing factor. For the plate, as a best practice even if it's not the issue, consider sticking on rubber/felt tape behind the plate to absorb any minor impacts (and noises) to the rear hatch.
Old 04-18-15, 06:02 AM
ClaudeNX
Rookie

Default Cargo cover

We had a noise inside, but after pulling the cargo cover in place, noise was gone.
I guess they did not install properly.
Old 04-20-15, 08:07 AM
Marlon177
Driver School Candidate

thank you for all the inputs.

the whistle noise still exist no matter how long we drive the car, it just not as bad compare to cold start.
i guess the wind noise is normal for this car.
still hear the fuel splashing around when we have around half a tank.

Last edited by Marlon177; 04-20-15 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-20-15, 11:16 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah the gas splashing around at 1/2 tank to full tank is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING. I turn up the radio so I dont hear it, then I hear the damn tag rattling. It is almost like there are no baffles in the gas tank at all.
Old 04-20-15, 02:09 PM
Marlon177
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cb80923
Yeah the gas splashing around at 1/2 tank to full tank is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING. I turn up the radio so I dont hear it, then I hear the damn tag rattling. It is almost like there are no baffles in the gas tank at all.
hey there,

so you hearing the fuel splashing around in the fuel tank too?
Old 04-26-15, 12:32 PM
alva
Driver School Candidate

Question noise on my new nxt awd

i have notice that my wife and i hear air noise from both driver and passenger windows at speeds above 45mph. however, did not have same air noise with rx300 rx330 and my 2009 rx350. we love everything else about car. i call my lexus dealer and made aware of concern and he said if he hears anything from lexus he would call me. hope we hears lexus has a fix. i know early new model 2010 rx350 had cabin air noise .
Old 04-27-15, 03:54 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gdcheng
I too have noticed the #1 noise from driver window at >45MPH. I did not have that sort of noise in my 2006 IS250. I have also noticed the fringe coming off the sticking of the steering wheel. I think that is normal and after a while will stop.

I have noticed a clunk in the front end when first starting out and then stepping on the brakes. sound like lower control arms or steering linkage.

Geoff
Brake pads......normal.
Old 04-27-15, 03:58 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kenyukai27
Please contact and describe these issues with your Lexus dealer.
Lexus wants to know about new vehicle issues ASAP.
The DS at your dealer will create a product report on these issues to help with production issues.
If you get the Lexus survey tell them about these issues, Lexus is known for fixing them in the next model.
This is good advice above ! ^
Old 04-27-15, 06:07 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alva
i have notice that my wife and i hear air noise from both driver and passenger windows at speeds above 45mph. however, did not have same air noise with rx300 rx330 and my 2009 rx350. we love everything else about car. i call my lexus dealer and made aware of concern and he said if he hears anything from lexus he would call me. hope we hears lexus has a fix. i know early new model 2010 rx350 had cabin air noise .
On my 2010 RX Lexus replaced both side front windows because of wind noise via the recall. It was an early model 2010.
Lets hope they do it with the NX !
Old 04-27-15, 08:25 PM
Gizmo607
Driver School Candidate

While parking my car today, I heard gas splashing noise like you guys stated, Is it normal?

Quick Reply: NX Noises, Squeaks, Rattles and Solutions Thread