NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

what I don't like ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-15, 03:14 PM
PsiStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what I don't like ...

I don't want this to be a whiny thread, but a just the facts concise description of a design feature that has issues. I don't think this is the place to go about what it does not have, but those features including options that do not meet the mark.

My for instance issue that I am starting this thread off with, is the over hang over the rear window. I wanted to cite examples of all of those other luxury suvs that do it right ... but not sure that I can! WTF I had an Acura MDX once with an optional rear wing airfoil thing. The design of that wing prevented the reverse draft up the back of the vehicle and the associated accumulation of dust & crap. My NX & reviewing the current MDX have changed the design so that the back draft is not mitigated and is probably even worse than just being naked without the air foil. Today I saw this design feature was present on RDXs also. What the heck? Doesn't anyone complain about these cars?

Specifically the issue is that crap is drawn up the back end of the car which constantly covers the rear end. I noted this during a recent 2 hour drive thru a snow storm. (Ample opportunities lately) Upon arriving at my destination (yaaay all wheel drive!!) the back end of the NX was under an inch thick of snow & ice. No fun digging that off before putting it in the garage.

Less severe weather of just slush and rain quickly coats the rear end in road dirt. Just a couple of miles renders the backup camera useless.

The design fix is simple. Just go back 10 years or so. Maybe not that far as I am not an enthusiast ... well, not of that level. I have 2 other peeves, but will keep for later.
Old 03-09-15, 05:04 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

PsiStar.

Thread closed.

- Please post in the Interesting Discoveries Thread which includes "bad" discoveries.
- Keep your post fact-based and support it with pictures whenever possible.
- Besides this and two other yet-to-be-revealed issues, hope the good outweighs the bad.

Thanks!