NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

New US orders for the NX

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-15, 01:30 PM
leej865
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd Allocations

There is something really odd about how this vehicle is being allocated in the area where I live. I am in Charlotte, NC, and it is impossible to get an NX here with the triple LED headlights. I emailed Lexus Corporate, and the non-response I received was:

"Please know, all options may not be available in each area of the country, and vehicle allocation is based on the geographical area in which they are marketed."

Huh? Well, Lexus has a regional marketing campaign that shows the NX with triple LEDs...which of course, is not even being shipped to this area. It is virtually impossible to find even an F Sport...there are 2 now available but not in equipped the way I want...and not even in one of the 3 colors I would prefer. I am just so disappointed. Of course, the local dealers insist on full MSRP and I will have to order my vehicle to get it the way I want. The vehicle that is only 75% close to what I want will be available at one dealer at the end of April...they want me to compromise on how I want the vehicle equipped, but will not compromise on price...so no NX for me.

Lexus sold 2,666 NX models in Feb. The Orlando, Florida dealership has 51 onsite. WTF?

Last edited by leej865; 03-12-15 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-12-15, 01:52 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So road trip to a dealership. Or custom order from one of thise dealers and fly down to get it.
Old 03-12-15, 02:56 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

where are you seeing that the Orlando FL dealership has 51 onsite? I checked their website and it only shows 2. Unless they're hiding these and slowly trickling them out.

Originally Posted by leej865
There is something really odd about how this vehicle is being allocated in the area where I live. I am in Charlotte, NC, and it is impossible to get an NX here with the triple LED headlights. I emailed Lexus Corporate, and the non-response I received was:

"Please know, all options may not be available in each area of the country, and vehicle allocation is based on the geographical area in which they are marketed."

Huh? Well, Lexus has a regional marketing campaign that shows the NX with triple LEDs...which of course, is not even being shipped to this area. It is virtually impossible to find even an F Sport...there are 2 now available but not in equipped the way I want...and not even in one of the 3 colors I would prefer. I am just so disappointed. Of course, the local dealers insist on full MSRP and I will have to order my vehicle to get it the way I want. The vehicle that is only 75% close to what I want will be available at one dealer at the end of April...they want me to compromise on how I want the vehicle equipped, but will not compromise on price...so no NX for me.

Lexus sold 2,666 NX models in Feb. The Orlando, Florida dealership has 51 onsite. WTF?
Old 03-12-15, 06:41 PM
leej865
Driver

51 available

http://nx-specials.lexusoforlando.com/
Old 03-13-15, 05:25 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Then drive down and get one?
Old 03-13-15, 05:47 AM
athiker
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They might have 51 Lexus vehicles available but not 51 NX 200t...that ad is misleading...shocking right?

If you click through and use the tool to search "NX" or "200t" you will get nada. If you go to their website by Google search and try to search their new inventory you won't even see the NX listed in the faceted filter on the left. Type in NX in the search box...nothing again. I may be missing something but am pretty confident that dealer does not have 51 Lexus NX 200t on their lot.

One other note, when you search dealer inventory in some areas of the country you will be directed to a site away from the dealer's website and the results will seemingly display vehicles in inventory at that dealer. However, what it is really showing if you read the fine print, are the vehicles in the general area of the dealer searched. Not a huge deal b/c the dealer can probably trade for a vehicle you might find there, but don't show show up and expect to test drive one you might find online.

leej865's point is well taken though...the deals, inventory and even available options seem to vary wildly by region.

Last edited by athiker; 03-13-15 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-13-15, 05:48 AM
athiker
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swacer
Then drive down and get one?
Or fly...my flight leaves in the morning...hopefully more details available on Monday.
Old 03-13-15, 08:17 AM
leej865
Driver

I am honestly not that interested any more. It's just a Lexus...they are going to sell 40k of these things a year...so they need to quit acting like it is 'rare' and 'hot'...next year at this time they will be as ubiquitous as the RX 350.

Happy NXing to all!
Old 03-13-15, 08:38 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I am honestly not that interested any more. It's just a Lexus...they are going to sell 40k of these things a year...so they need to quit acting like it is 'rare' and 'hot'...next year at this time they will be as ubiquitous as the RX 350.

Happy NXing to all!
Its just a Lexus....

Its just a BMW....Mercedes....Ford....Dodge...Fiat....

Every new car release is like this.

Last edited by Swacer; 03-13-15 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-31-15, 01:57 AM
playcard
Driver School Candidate

NX fellows,

I am looking to place a customer order for a NX. I want a F-Sport AWD.
Two main reasons because most, if not all, cars around here loaded with Navigation System which I do not rate (prefer my smartphone since I mostly do not have an address but searching for a term like Staples near zzz). I also want Forward Collision/Dynamic Crusie Control which does not seem available on dealer cars.

I understand it may take 120 days for a custom order.

My question is how / should I negotiate a price before making a deposit ? Some posts on here leads me to think you make a small deposit and negotiate the price once the car arrives. However researching on Internet seems to suggest that you should do the opposite, not applying to NX though.
Old 04-17-15, 07:24 AM
skr9
Driver School Candidate

So its now been 7 weeks since I left my deposit ($2K!!) and officially gave details on my order for an NX F-Sport. I'm also a very impatient person - but have really restrained myself from bugging the slaesman/dealership. I have not heard a peep from them and no word on any updates/status/progress. Is this consistent with others' experience on orders, or should I start rattling some cages?
Old 04-17-15, 09:22 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by skr9
So its now been 7 weeks since I left my deposit ($2K!!) and officially gave details on my order for an NX F-Sport. I'm also a very impatient person - but have really restrained myself from bugging the slaesman/dealership. I have not heard a peep from them and no word on any updates/status/progress. Is this consistent with others' experience on orders, or should I start rattling some cages?
I think once they have the deposit, they don't put as much effort into sending updates. I had to bug my dealer to get status a few times thru email.

7 weeks seems long, but I don't know if you chose a unique set of options. When I gave them what I wanted, I looked at what seemed to be common configurations in my area, chose one, then gave that config to them along with the color. Still took a little over a month before it arrived. I had to email about 2 weeks in to see if they were able to allocate one for me and a few days later they told me mine was being built now (not a custom order). I didn't hear back until it arrived at port.
Old 04-17-15, 09:43 AM
nxlee
Driver School Candidate

Default Custom Orders

Originally Posted by playcard
NX fellows,

I am looking to place a customer order for a NX. I want a F-Sport AWD.
Two main reasons because most, if not all, cars around here loaded with Navigation System which I do not rate (prefer my smartphone since I mostly do not have an address but searching for a term like Staples near zzz). I also want Forward Collision/Dynamic Crusie Control which does not seem available on dealer cars.

I understand it may take 120 days for a custom order.

My question is how / should I negotiate a price before making a deposit ? Some posts on here leads me to think you make a small deposit and negotiate the price once the car arrives. However researching on Internet seems to suggest that you should do the opposite, not applying to NX though.
Custom orders in Baltimore are 16 weeks.. and as far as I can tell you should be able to get Dynamic Cruise or trip headlights or anything. A
What you negotiate in the beginning is what you get. They've got to agree to your order somewhere in you're area for a price.

A Lexus is a Lexus... at least that was true on my last 4. Please pass on to the other member who wrote to this point.
Old 04-17-15, 10:22 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nxlee
A
What you negotiate in the beginning is what you get. .
That's not true in all cases. My salesman (manager) just put on the paper work like $x off for the order and stated that we would remove more when the car arrives.
Old 04-17-15, 12:44 PM
mwl7698
Driver

Placed my order on 13 February it was picked up by lexus the following week. My dealer has been great with providing updates on the process. The last update received said that my port date is scheduled for 7 june with a delivery 5-10 days after that depending on processing and transport time to the dealer. That makes it right at 16 weeks for delivery. Counting down the days! 8 weeks left!

Quick Reply: New US orders for the NX