NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Official NX Roof Rack Options (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-15, 01:40 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a reply back from my email to Weathertech about the mats for the 300h, and I would presume the 200t and f-sport as well and they said the following:

We are expecting the molds to be approved within the next three months. Since Sheila added your information to our online request file, you will be contacted when the listing is updated.
That is direct from the email they sent me today (02/18/2015).

Phil
Old 02-18-15, 03:22 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Phil,

I found the all-weather mats from my 2013 RAV4 fit my NX 300h perfectly in the front and rear seat area. The floor anchors on the drivers side lined up perfectly.
You might ask WeatherTech their opinion if they would work in your car.
With all the slush and snow this winter I'm sure glad they worked !
Old 02-18-15, 04:00 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

We have the Lexus NX all weather mats in now, but we just bought a set of Weathertechs for my father-in-law for his new 2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab and he and we really like those much better than what we have in the NX 300h now from Lexus.

So, we will make due with these for now and probably get the Weathertechs when they come out. Their store in IL is about a 10 minute drive from my house, so at least I won't have to pay shipping.

Just thought I would post what they told me for others that might be interested in the weathertechs so they at least have a ballpark on the time frame for them.

Phil
Old 02-18-15, 05:39 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by philwojo
We have the Lexus NX all weather mats in now, but we just bought a set of Weathertechs for my father-in-law for his new 2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab and he and we really like those much better than what we have in the NX 300h now from Lexus.

So, we will make due with these for now and probably get the Weathertechs when they come out. Their store in IL is about a 10 minute drive from my house, so at least I won't have to pay shipping.

Just thought I would post what they told me for others that might be interested in the weathertechs so they at least have a ballpark on the time frame for them.

Phil
Phil could you go to the WeatherTech retail store and see if you can test fit the mats for the RAV4, per post 4482's post? If they fit it would save you some waiting time for them. WT seems pretty focused on customer satisfaction so they'd probably let you do it. Just a thought.
Old 02-19-15, 06:49 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Phil could you go to the WeatherTech retail store and see if you can test fit the mats for the RAV4, per post 4482's post? If they fit it would save you some waiting time for them. WT seems pretty focused on customer satisfaction so they'd probably let you do it. Just a thought.
I'll see if I can do that, pretty busy with traveling for work right now and since the 300h is my wife's daily driver it will be even harder to get it away from her!!

If I am able to do that I will let you know.

Phil
Old 02-19-15, 08:57 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Here are some pictures of the Lexus Roof Rack Cross Bars from the Chicago Auto Show:

Old 02-19-15, 09:26 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by philwojo
I'll see if I can do that, pretty busy with traveling for work right now and since the 300h is my wife's daily driver it will be even harder to get it away from her!!

If I am able to do that I will let you know.

Phil
Cancel my suggestion. I didn't take into account that it's below zero and wind chills of -20. Not conducive to being outside checking the fit of floor mats. Sorry... Nice pics from the auto show...
Old 02-19-15, 01:23 PM
BALTANX
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the updates Phil! Man, I really want those weather tech liners before my heel wears aways a hole in the stock floor mats.

I'm not sure about the rack from lexus either. I don't know if I like how high it stands up, although I would think it's like that so you can still use the moon roof. Just not sure about them yet...
Old 02-19-15, 02:11 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

Yes, that is exactly why it is so high, since the moon roof goes up and out. I don't mind them, I already own them in fact, just so cold I haven't put them on yet, and no reason to have them on yet for us. I won't leave them on as they appear pretty easy to take on and off, not like 1 minute easy, but still less than 15 minutes I would guess to take them on and off and probably way less once I get used to it.

Phil
Old 02-20-15, 09:56 AM
Pei Mei
Driver School Candidate

Just an FYI, if you haven't already seen Sewellparts.com is closing March 1 according to their homepage. I was going to wait on the roof cross bars but ordered today so I could still get the discount before they close.
Old 02-20-15, 10:44 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Didn't know that, thanks for posting, probably should post that as a sticky topic on the main board too. I'll send a message to Corrado and see what he thinks.

Glad I got my stuff from them already.

Phil
Old 02-26-15, 04:39 PM
papa214
Rookie

Default WeathTech Floor liners

I too have got the same replys from WeathTech. I purchased a set of floor liners for a 2015 Rav 4.
did not fit @ all. I am using all weather mats from my 2012 RX. The fit is exceptable but not what i really want. I purchased a cargo liner from local dealer just after i picked up from the dealer. it fits great.
Does anybody know where i can get an F Sport license plate frame?? I need the cut outs on the bottom for the tags to show.

2015 NX 200 F sport, Eminent White, red & black interior. It used to be just as shiney as the pics from the auto show..... Darn Cleveland winters!!
Old 02-26-15, 08:44 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by papa214
I too have got the same replys from WeathTech. I purchased a set of floor liners for a 2015 Rav 4.
did not fit @ all. I am using all weather mats from my 2012 RX. The fit is exceptable but not what i really want.

2015 NX 200 F sport, Eminent White, red & black interior. It used to be just as shiney as the pics from the auto show..... Darn Cleveland winters!!
My 2013 RAV4 "All Weather Mats" fit in my NX.
I never tried the "FloorLiner".

I need the deep groves of the All-Weather mat here in Cleveland to collect the slush and snow liquid so as to not get on the bottom of my pant legs.
Old 03-10-15, 11:08 AM
skr9
Driver School Candidate

Are the Lexus bars simiar in style to the Thule 'Whispbar' design? (i.e., cross section of the bar is like an airplane wing)
Old 03-12-15, 04:14 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

I just put mine on for the first time last night, so I could bring home a new kayak from Costco!

The initial install took my about 20-30 minutes, but I was taking my time and I probably could have done it quicker if I knew what I was doing before hand.

Now that I know how they go on and off it takes about 3 minutes to do it.

I will say this though, and I don't have a picture of it yet, but there is a right way and wrong way to put them on, they are not 100% reversible. By this I mean that you can use either bar front or back, that isn't an issue, but there is a passenger side and drivers side to the bars and they do have to go on correctly. There are stickers on the cross bars under the locking caps that show you, but I overlooked them at first. But now that I know it is easy enough to see it and do it right the first time.

As for them being like the Thule Whispbars I have not seen those in person, but from what I can tell on google images it appears they are similar. These are basically flat from Lexus and are kind of like an airplane wing, though not exactly like that if we are being sticklers.

Phil

Quick Reply: Official NX Roof Rack Options (Merged Threads)