NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone with an NX live in Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 05:33 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone with an NX live in Hawaii?

Just Curious.......We have had our NX since November and I still haven't seen another one on the road here on Oahu. My wife has seen one parked in her office building, but not on the road......I know the dealer has sold a bunch already, but I would have figured I would have seen some already...Since it seems like there are more RXs on the road then Highlanders........Dime a dozen here...
Old 02-02-15, 08:25 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NXFan
Just Curious.......We have had our NX since November and I still haven't seen another one on the road here on Oahu. My wife has seen one parked in her office building, but not on the road......I know the dealer has sold a bunch already, but I would have figured I would have seen some already...Since it seems like there are more RXs on the road then Highlanders........Dime a dozen here...
Hi. I'm located on Oahu as well. My NX will arrive sometime this month (February). Since I got mine reserved last month, I too have been looking for other NXs on the road with no luck, then I finally saw one on the road for the first time yesterday (a beautiful obsidian 200t) driving up Alapai St. passing S. Beretania. I got real excited to see one on the road for the first time. I can't wait to get mine in.

Last edited by cassysong; 02-02-15 at 10:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-20-15, 04:37 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Originally Posted by cassysong
Hi. I'm located on Oahu as well. My NX will arrive sometime this month (February). Since I got mine reserved last month, I too have been looking for other NXs on the road with no luck, then I finally saw one on the road for the first time yesterday (a beautiful obsidian 200t) driving up Alapai St. passing S. Beretania. I got real excited to see one on the road for the first time. I can't wait to get mine in.
Did you get you NX yet? What color? Mine is Atomic Silver.
Old 04-22-15, 06:17 PM
specEvo
Driver School Candidate

I've seen only one within the last 2 months. A white NX base heading towards downtown from Waikiki
Old 04-25-15, 04:51 PM
loahu
Driver School Candidate

Are you all paying MSRP?
Old 04-25-15, 09:41 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Originally Posted by loahu
Are you all paying MSRP?
Yup. This is Servco. Last I talked to my sales guy at the auto show, he said that employees still cannot get the discount on the NX. At least they don't have additional dealer markup. Of course we did buy it on the first delivery and had pre-ordered it. You can try contacting a sales person and see what they can throw in at least.
Old 04-25-15, 11:07 PM
loahu
Driver School Candidate

They are trained to say "no dealer markup" and MSRP is a fair price. Invoice price is probably no markup. I am considering shipping one from California where they are selling between $2-5k below MSRP. Have anyone done that before? Mahalo.

Yup. This is Servco. Last I talked to my sales guy at the auto show, he said that employees still cannot get the discount on the NX. At least they don't have additional dealer markup. Of course we did buy it on the first delivery and had pre-ordered it. You can try contacting a sales person and see what they can throw in at least.
Old 04-27-15, 03:31 PM
NXFan
Rookie

They are trained to say "no dealer markup" and MSRP is a fair price. Invoice price is probably no markup. I am considering shipping one from California where they are selling between $2-5k below MSRP. Have anyone done that before? Mahalo.
I thought about shipping one in also, but since I wanted it at release, I still would have paid MSRP for it no matter where I went, and the shipping via Matson or Horizon would have added another $1000 or so. Also, because ours was built for Hawaii and Servco is the distributor, we don't have the Lexus Apps or Enform. And the SOS button is also not installed. I was looking forward to using the App to start the car and check on it while parked, but that is a no go.....no Satellites in Hawaii, at least that is what they are claiming.....if you can find one way below MSRP in Cali, then you should go for it. You need to be sure you don't take delivery in CA, and have the dealer sent it directly to Hawaii to Avoid the higher CA tax and registration fees. You will still be responsible for the Hawaii GET when it arrives here. Servco will still service them, just don't buy the extended warranty from the mainland dealer, Servco may not honor it, like on the Toyotas. Good luck!
Old 04-27-15, 10:22 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

Did you get you NX yet? What color? Mine is Atomic Silver.
Yes, I got it in February! I have Atomic Silver as well, and I love it. The package I got was Package B with Navigation. I loved the look of the F-Sport, but I decided to go with the 200T, as I heard the F-Sport seats were a bit on the uncomfortable side.

I'm curious, did you tint your NX through Servco Lexus?
Old 04-27-15, 10:27 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

Also, because ours was built for Hawaii and Servco is the distributor, we don't have the Lexus Apps or Enform. And the SOS button is also not installed. I was looking forward to using the App to start the car and check on it while parked, but that is a no go.....no Satellites in Hawaii, at least that is what they are claiming.
Yep, I was a little bummed about not having the Lexus Apps / Enform as well. I actually didn't realize they weren't included until after I received my NX and tried to register with Enform online with no luck. I had to call my Lexus dealer and ask her about it and she explained everything to me. On the other hand, however, I do like that our NXs are all made in Japan.
Old 04-27-15, 10:40 PM
loahu
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I got it in February! I have Atomic Silver as well, and I love it. The package I got was Package B with Navigation. I loved the look of the F-Sport, but I decided to go with the 200T, as I heard the F-Sport seats were a bit on the uncomfortable side.

I had Tint Zone on Colburn Street in Kalihi tinted my SUVs and they're quick (if u made appointment) and good price.
Did you pay MSRP to Servco too? I guess Servco is monopoly here so either take (pay) it or leave it!
Old 04-27-15, 10:46 PM
loahu
Driver School Candidate

I wonder if a mainland NX would have a working Lexus Apps or Enform when it gets to Hawaii. At least I know my current XM satelite radio doesnt work here. It would be nice to check or track ur vehicle!

I thought about shipping one in also, but since I wanted it at release, I still would have paid MSRP for it no matter where I went, and the shipping via Matson or Horizon would have added another $1000 or so. Also, because ours was built for Hawaii and Servco is the distributor, we don't have the Lexus Apps or Enform. And the SOS button is also not installed. I was looking forward to using the App to start the car and check on it while parked, but that is a no go.....no Satellites in Hawaii, at least that is what they are claiming.....if you can find one way below MSRP in Cali, then you should go for it. You need to be sure you don't take delivery in CA, and have the dealer sent it directly to Hawaii to Avoid the higher CA tax and registration fees. You will still be responsible for the Hawaii GET when it arrives here. Servco will still service them, just don't buy the extended warranty from the mainland dealer, Servco may not honor it, like on the Toyotas. Good luck!
Old 04-28-15, 04:17 PM
NXFan
Rookie

I was planning on tinting my NX through T & T, which is who Servco uses, but decided to go with another tinting company that had excellent reviews on Yelp and recommended by my friend, however, I was going to tint the front windshield, and the guy scratch the whole windshield. Needless to say, I was pissed. I took it to several places to see if they could buff out the scratches, but they all said it couldn't be removed. One glass shop said there is a special coating on the glass, so my recommendation, DONT TINT THE WINDSHIELD! That is the last time I ever attempt to do that. The scratches are not noticeable during the day, but you can see the streaks at night or when the sun shines directly in your face, morning and afternoon. I still haven't decided if I am going to have the windshield replaced, since I think doing that will open a bigger can of worms!!!
BTW, we test drove the F-sport also, it hurt both my wife and my thighs, so we opted not to go F-sport. I wanted all the safety features, but the Dynamic Radar Cruise control w/ Brake assist was not available on the Premium, so we went with the Luxury. More bells and whistles to break, so we took the extended warranty... We are happy with the car, even with the windshield issue......
Old 04-28-15, 04:21 PM
NXFan
Rookie

I had Tint Zone on Colburn Street in Kalihi tinted my SUVs and they're quick (if u made appointment) and good price.
Did you pay MSRP to Servco too? I guess Servco is monopoly here so either take (pay) it or leave it!
Yup, paid MSRP at Servco. With the Extended warranty and tax, came up to $52k and some change. I could have bought a RX for that price, but my wife wanted the smaller SUV and we waited years for Lexus to introduce one. Love it though!
Old 05-01-15, 07:16 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the recommendation... I ended up getting tint through Lexus. And yes, I did pay MSRP.

Yup, paid MSRP at Servco. With the Extended warranty and tax, came up to $52k and some change. I could have bought a RX for that price, but my wife wanted the smaller SUV and we waited years for Lexus to introduce one. Love it though!
Yep, same here. I know someone who works there and I too paid MSRP. I don't think they are able to give discounts. For mine, with the extended warranty, tint, xzilon and tax, I paid a little over $45k (Package B / Comfort Package). I am very happy with it though.

Last edited by cassysong; 05-01-15 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone with an NX live in Hawaii?