NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Anyone with an NX live in Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 07:22 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NXFan
I was planning on tinting my NX through T & T, which is who Servco uses, but decided to go with another tinting company that had excellent reviews on Yelp and recommended by my friend, however, I was going to tint the front windshield, and the guy scratch the whole windshield. Needless to say, I was pissed. I took it to several places to see if they could buff out the scratches, but they all said it couldn't be removed. One glass shop said there is a special coating on the glass, so my recommendation, DONT TINT THE WINDSHIELD! That is the last time I ever attempt to do that. The scratches are not noticeable during the day, but you can see the streaks at night or when the sun shines directly in your face, morning and afternoon. I still haven't decided if I am going to have the windshield replaced, since I think doing that will open a bigger can of worms!!!
BTW, we test drove the F-sport also, it hurt both my wife and my thighs, so we opted not to go F-sport. I wanted all the safety features, but the Dynamic Radar Cruise control w/ Brake assist was not available on the Premium, so we went with the Luxury. More bells and whistles to break, so we took the extended warranty... We are happy with the car, even with the windshield issue......
Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear about your windshield! Ugh, that must be very frustrating. I decided to go with Lexus for the tint (so yes, T & T with lifetime warranty). I had to take it back due to some streaks, which they fixed, but I found lint under the tint, so I am taking it back for another fix. Hope they get it right this time, but we'll see. I was just curious if anyone else had issues like that as well. I did not tint my windshield, and probably won't now that you shared your experience with that. I hope you are able to get your windshield issue fixed.

Wow, I would have LOVED to get the Luxury Package if I had the extra dough for it. I ended up with the Comfort Package because I wanted the Navigation and the memory system. Would have loved to get the extra safety features included in the Luxury Package.

Do you have a detailer you take your lexus to? This is my very first "brand new car" purchase, so I'm noticing little things that I never took notice of before with my old car, such as water spots. I'd like to find a good detailer or hand car wash/wax place. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Last edited by cassysong; 05-01-15 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-03-15, 07:37 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cassysong
Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear about your windshield! Ugh, that must be very frustrating. I decided to go with Lexus for the tint (so yes, T & T with lifetime warranty). I had to take it back due to some streaks, which they fixed, but I found lint under the tint, so I am taking it back for another fix. Hope they get it right this time, but we'll see. I was just curious if anyone else had issues like that as well. I did not tint my windshield, and probably won't now that you shared your experience with that. I hope you are able to get your windshield issue fixed.

Wow, I would have LOVED to get the Luxury Package if I had the extra dough for it. I ended up with the Comfort Package because I wanted the Navigation and the memory system. Would have loved to get the extra safety features included in the Luxury Package.

Do you have a detailer you take your lexus to? This is my very first "brand new car" purchase, so I'm noticing little things that I never took notice of before with my old car, such as water spots. I'd like to find a good detailer or hand car wash/wax place. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
I usually detail all my cars myself. Water spots are a pain. In the windshield washer reservoir I use Rainx solution, the green one from Walmart. I used to use just plain distiller water, but like the water repel properties of the rain x solution. Hard water is everywhere on Oahu. When I wash the car, I only do it in the shade and and dry it off ASAP. I also use a air blower to get all the water out of the crevices. Also, wipe down all the door jambs, hood and tailgate areas. I also have a truck which parks outside and sometimes gets the sprinkler water on it. If you want to try and do it yourself, I use a product called MX7, which I bought from Don Quixote. I also seen it before at Napa and Carquest. It is distributed in Hawaii (got a Waipahu address on the label) because of our hard water and it is good stuff. Wear gloves, put some of the solution on a piece of terry cloth rag, wipe on the water spot area, no need to rub hard, wait a few seconds, wife off with a wet cloth. It just desolves the water spots like magic. Didn't have a need to use it on the NX yet, but I use it on my Nissan and My work van all the time with no damage to the paint. Just don't leave it on too long. I had a co-worker that used the detailed at Ala Moana, but that was before the Sears area had loads of parking.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone with an NX live in Hawaii?-image.jpg  
Old 05-14-15, 08:05 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

I usually detail all my cars myself. Water spots are a pain. In the windshield washer reservoir I use Rainx solution, the green one from Walmart. I used to use just plain distiller water, but like the water repel properties of the rain x solution. Hard water is everywhere on Oahu. When I wash the car, I only do it in the shade and and dry it off ASAP. I also use a air blower to get all the water out of the crevices. Also, wipe down all the door jambs, hood and tailgate areas. I also have a truck which parks outside and sometimes gets the sprinkler water on it. If you want to try and do it yourself, I use a product called MX7, which I bought from Don Quixote. I also seen it before at Napa and Carquest. It is distributed in Hawaii (got a Waipahu address on the label) because of our hard water and it is good stuff. Wear gloves, put some of the solution on a piece of terry cloth rag, wipe on the water spot area, no need to rub hard, wait a few seconds, wife off with a wet cloth. It just desolves the water spots like magic. Didn't have a need to use it on the NX yet, but I use it on my Nissan and My work van all the time with no damage to the paint. Just don't leave it on too long. I had a co-worker that used the detailed at Ala Moana, but that was before the Sears area had loads of parking.
Hey, thanks SO MUCH for all the info! I really appreciate it. I've been hand washing my NX myself, but I've never really done waxing/detailing before, so any info helps. I've read some really great Yelp reviews on a detailing place called "Automotive Emporium". I may try them out if I'm too lazy to do it myself. Haha. Thanks again for all the info/tips.
Old 05-15-15, 12:31 AM
phatm3
Driver

I thought about shipping one in also, but since I wanted it at release, I still would have paid MSRP for it no matter where I went, and the shipping via Matson or Horizon would have added another $1000 or so. Also, because ours was built for Hawaii and Servco is the distributor, we don't have the Lexus Apps or Enform. And the SOS button is also not installed. I was looking forward to using the App to start the car and check on it while parked, but that is a no go.....no Satellites in Hawaii, at least that is what they are claiming.....if you can find one way below MSRP in Cali, then you should go for it. You need to be sure you don't take delivery in CA, and have the dealer sent it directly to Hawaii to Avoid the higher CA tax and registration fees. You will still be responsible for the Hawaii GET when it arrives here. Servco will still service them, just don't buy the extended warranty from the mainland dealer, Servco may not honor it, like on the Toyotas. Good luck!

Well aloha to all, I just placed our order this week. It's an NX300H with option B, meteor blue mica and flaxen interior. I was told it would take three months for delivery. I saw the cream interior, it looked too light colored for my wife, and she uses her cars to haul realtor signs etc. And Of course, Servco....MSRP. Kinda disappointed that we can't get the apps and enform though, I too was looking forward to remote starting, but then again, it doesn't get too hot or too cold in Oahu to make that a deal killer. So do we even have the HD radio available or is that gone too? Btw, my sales person is Mike Hamada. With the hybrid, we only had two choices, with or without NAV. Needed the NAV, but it's bunched in with a lot of gadgets. Really looking forward to delivery.
Old 05-15-15, 12:42 AM
alvinis
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Black on black F Sport with Nav. Diggin it. Still a little bummed I traded in my porsche for an suv. Hoping to drop it on springs and switch out the rims soon. MSRP, but they did some weird tax thing for the trade so you only pay the tax on the difference of the trade and the suv.
Old 05-15-15, 08:24 AM
phatm3
Driver

Originally Posted by alvinis
Black on black F Sport with Nav. Diggin it. Still a little bummed I traded in my porsche for an suv. Hoping to drop it on springs and switch out the rims soon. MSRP, but they did some weird tax thing for the trade so you only pay the tax on the difference of the trade and the suv.
How was Servco with trade ins? Do they give you decent trade in or low ball it? I have a car I may trade in when my NXH comes in in three months. Tnx
Old 05-17-15, 02:17 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phatm3
Well aloha to all, I just placed our order this week. It's an NX300H with option B, meteor blue mica and flaxen interior. I was told it would take three months for delivery. I saw the cream interior, it looked too light colored for my wife, and she uses her cars to haul realtor signs etc. And Of course, Servco....MSRP. Kinda disappointed that we can't get the apps and enform though, I too was looking forward to remote starting, but then again, it doesn't get too hot or too cold in Oahu to make that a deal killer. So do we even have the HD radio available or is that gone too? Btw, my sales person is Mike Hamada. With the hybrid, we only had two choices, with or without NAV. Needed the NAV, but it's bunched in with a lot of gadgets. Really looking forward to delivery.
Congrats on your new NX Hybrid! Yes, we do have HD radio but only on certain stations and I believe it depends which area you are in as well.
Old 05-17-15, 02:18 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

Oh hey, I forgot to ask you something else... Do you have a recommendation for car wax?
Old 05-18-15, 08:47 AM
phatm3
Driver

Oh hey, I forgot to ask you something else... Do you have a recommendation for car wax?
Here's what I use on my car. It's a very long process but well worth the effort.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=36297
Old 05-18-15, 03:50 PM
cassysong
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phatm3
Here's what I use on my car. It's a very long process but well worth the effort.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=36297
Hey, thanks so much! I read about this one online. Did you buy it locally or order online? I ended up waxing my NX last night with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax. I've never waxed my own car before, so it was something to start with. I've heard others recommend Zaino as well though... I'll definitely look into that one. Thanks again!
Old 05-18-15, 08:26 PM
phatm3
Driver

Hey, thanks so much! I read about this one online. Did you buy it locally or order online? I ended up waxing my NX last night with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax. I've never waxed my own car before, so it was something to start with. I've heard others recommend Zaino as well though... I'll definitely look into that one. Thanks again!
I got one from

Hawaii or Alaska:
Joie Yuen
Honolulu, HI 96822
(808) 387-7467
Email: yuen3232@gmail.com

https://www.zainostore.com/mm5/merch...7&Store_Code=Z