NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Triple Beam LED Headlights on NX F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 07:45 AM
leej865
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple Beam LED Headlights on NX F Sport

I think I owe the gentleman an apology who posted that his salesperson said his vehicle was equipped with these headlights when he purchased the vehicle only to find out later they were not.

The reason I say this is that as I continue to plan on the purchase of an NX F Sport, I play with the online configurator. I always select the F Sport model. Lexus.com always shows this model with the triple beam LED headlights. Then today, I was browsing the local dealer site and there is an NX F Sport WITHOUT the triple beam LEDs. Nowhere are they listed as 'optional' when building an F sport on Lexus.com. Am I missing something? Yet, here is an F Sport without them:

Link to dealer's photos: http://www.hendricklexus.com/Vehicle...-NC/2445313743
Old 01-27-15, 09:09 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Its funny you mention that. When I was the Detroit Auto Show, both NX Fsports had HIDs, not the triple LEDs.

Why would you bring a car that doesn't have the signature headlights?

Very confused.
Old 01-27-15, 09:24 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are definitely not standard on an F-Sport. The Triple Beam's were list as an add on when I purchased the vehicle.

I cant imagine not getting them, as they look so much better on the front end. And are bright as hell too.
Old 01-27-15, 09:30 AM
Trungvt
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel sorry for the same guy. Hope he had the option to decline or get a discount on his purchase. Unfortunately, the Lexus build web site doesn't include all the options that's available in their brochure or in other car web sites. It's a little confusing as well with their description on their info

For ex: F Sport comes in "Premium LED daytime running lights" as standard.
Optional: LED headlamp without auto high beams.......$1160 extra

So it must show as an option on the build sheet. Otherwise, it's just the regular headlamp.
Old 01-27-15, 10:10 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to be clear, LED headlights are standard on all 3 models (200t, F-Sport, and 300H). These LED lights are round and look like HIDs (maybe there is such a thing as LED HIDs), and they come with projector high beams, as well as LED tail lights.

Optional/Upgrades to lighting are as follows:
-- Premium Triple Beam LED headlights ($1600 upgrade) to all three models
-- Enhanced LED Day Time Running Lights (part of Premium Package, and on F-Sport)
-- LED cornering fog lights (avail on F-Sport only)

I am not sure about build sites and dealer websites, but here are 3 places on the Lexus (USA) website that talk about Premium Triple Beam LED headlights are a MUST PAY FOR optional item.

1. On the NX page, click on FEATURES, and then click on Packages at left, scroll all the way to the bottom to see all individual options.
2. On the NX page, click on FEATURES, and then click Safety at left. The top item is the headlights and it says it is optional on all 3.
3. On the NX page, click on FEATURES, and then click Safety at left. Scroll down towards the bottom on the left and you will see VISIBILITY TECHNOLOGY, and you will see what is standard (just regular ole LEDs, not Premium Triple Anything).

Old 01-27-15, 10:17 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I don't' believe there is a HID/LED combined. HID is a high intensity discharge xenon bulb. LED is a separate thing.

Now, I was assuming it was like the IS, where if you didn't get the LEDs, you got HIDs.

So, I guess the NX is different.
Old 01-27-15, 10:20 AM
cb80923
Driver

My '14 IS 350 F-Sport has LEDs (they are round just like the standard NX).
Old 01-27-15, 10:29 AM
cb80923
Driver

here is a better image of a NX 200T with Premium Package (standard LED headlights, Enhanced LED DRLs):

Last edited by cb80923; 01-27-15 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-27-15, 10:59 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cb80923
My '14 IS 350 F-Sport has LEDs (they are round just like the standard NX).
With the Fsport you got LEDs automatically. The lower trims got HIDs for the IS (or I think they could option up?) I'm not overly sure, but i know you could get HIDs.
Old 01-27-15, 01:54 PM
leej865
Driver

When you select to build the F Sport it shows it equipped with the triple beam LEDs...it does not provide through the build feature to select them as optional equipment to be added. That is the error of the site. It's misleading at best. Every image I have seen of the F Sport has had those triple beam LEDs, and that would support the build function on the site...then I see the model at the F Sport with the standard headlights...so I am glad to know that you must order these separately. Lexus needs to update the Build feature on the US Lexus.com site to support this.
Old 01-27-15, 03:12 PM
leej865
Driver

This is great...I am in an online chat session with a Lexus.com support person, and they insist that the triple beam LEDs are only available as part of the luxury package and that the luxury package cannot be combined with the F Sport package...so no triple beams for US F Sport NX models...so I sent him photo after photo of NX models from this site from US owners...and call his attention to the photos on the Lexus.com US site for the NX F Sport model. He realizes now there is an error in the Build feature on the site.The product team is researching and will send a follow-up email response.
Old 01-27-15, 08:38 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Here is my take guys ...

The build feature on Lexus.com generally only allows you to "build" a car as they are currently being sent out to your region. Lexus sends cars out to each region in certain packages that differ for each region. For example, I can't build an F Sport with Triple LEDs on the site because that's not how they're currently being sent to my region. You CAN special order them however.

Other regions currently are getting F Sports and 200ts with triple LEDs. Just not mine.

Go to kbb.com or edmunds.com if you want more accurate build options, however they aren't 100% accurate always either.
Old 01-28-15, 05:00 AM
leej865
Driver

The final email I received from Lexus support was that this was definitely a flaw in the construction of the Build feature on the Lexus.com site, and they are looking into a fix to provide the ability to add triple beam LEDs as part of the build process for the F Sport model.

Of course, Lexus can send models equipped certain ways to certain regions randomly, and that is fine...but you should still be able to build the model online with all potential features for that model. They certainly are not building vehicles specific to US zip code.
Old 03-26-15, 04:16 AM
ssid
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm sorry if this feature has been discussed in the past. I am having some issues with the Lexus configurator regarding the triple LED headlights.

I had selected a 2015 NX200t AWD in Matador Red Mica over Crème NuLuxe with Dark Umber Trim which required me to add the Luxury Package for this interior choice.

After I hit the Options tab I am unable to selected the "Premium Triple-Beam LED Headlamp" option, it says Unavailable followed by a message "This option requires the addition of Lane Departure Alert *"

If I try to select the "Lane Departure Alert *" option it also says Unavailable and "This option requires the addition of Premium Triple-Beam LED Headlamp."

"Tilt-and-Slide Moonroof" option is also Unavailable with the message "This option is reserved for vehicles with interior color."

What is wrong with my configuration ?

Thank you
Old 03-26-15, 11:51 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ssid
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I'm sorry if this feature has been discussed in the past. I am having some issues with the Lexus configurator regarding the triple LED headlights.

I had selected a 2015 NX200t AWD in Matador Red Mica over Crème NuLuxe with Dark Umber Trim which required me to add the Luxury Package for this interior choice.

After I hit the Options tab I am unable to selected the "Premium Triple-Beam LED Headlamp" option, it says Unavailable followed by a message "This option requires the addition of Lane Departure Alert *"

If I try to select the "Lane Departure Alert *" option it also says Unavailable and "This option requires the addition of Premium Triple-Beam LED Headlamp."

"Tilt-and-Slide Moonroof" option is also Unavailable with the message "This option is reserved for vehicles with interior color."

What is wrong with my configuration ?

Thank you
I have found the "build configurator" equally confusing also. There's some confusion as to when you select the Luxury package and if it also contains the premium and comfort package. It doesn't indicate anything like that on there. I can't believe you can get the Luxury package without the other two packages. But that's the way it appears, i.e., you can select the Luxury package, but get no sunroof, no triple beam LED's, et cetera

Quick Reply: Triple Beam LED Headlights on NX F Sport