NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Power folding mirror?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-15, 05:31 PM
Kimchei6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power folding mirror?

I'm looking at the f sport model and was wondering if it has power folding mirror... No information online
Old 01-26-15, 06:13 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That option is not available on either of the NX models....maybe they are keeping it as part of their refresh whenever they do one
Old 01-26-15, 06:26 PM
Jafch1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CONFIRMED: I am currently driving an NX F-Sport and no it does not have the power folding mirrors. This is also true for NXh
Old 01-26-15, 07:20 PM
ALE81
Driver

Do the mirrors fold manually? Thanks.
Old 01-26-15, 07:33 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by ALE81
Do the mirrors fold manually? Thanks.
Yes they do.
Old 02-13-15, 04:48 AM
dunebuggy
Driver School Candidate

In Australia, I believe power folding mirrors are standard on all models?

http://m.lexus.com.au/about/news/2014/09/01/news-lexus-nx-has-pricing-and-specification-advantage

We also get power tailgate as standard.
We also get the proper AVS and Sport S+ mode, on F-Sports.

I am really surprised that US buyers are missing out on these things. But then, we do pay a lot more for cars here.

I've seen talk of prices starting at about US$35k for the NX?
LOL. Cars seem crazy cheap in the US compared to here. I just bought an F-Sport for AU$72k. Our currencies are not on parity right now, but they were a few months ago. And I bet our prices would have been no different had the NX come out here back then.
Old 02-13-15, 01:05 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dunebuggy
In Australia, I believe power folding mirrors are standard on all models?

http://m.lexus.com.au/about/news/201...tion-advantage

We also get power tailgate as standard.
We also get the proper AVS and Sport S+ mode, on F-Sports.

I am really surprised that US buyers are missing out on these things. But then, we do pay a lot more for cars here.

I've seen talk of prices starting at about US$35k for the NX?
LOL. Cars seem crazy cheap in the US compared to here. I just bought an F-Sport for AU$72k. Our currencies are not on parity right now, but they were a few months ago. And I bet our prices would have been no different had the NX come out here back then.
Yea, power folding mirrors are standard on all NXs in Australia (F Sport and non F Sport). We also get HUD, and option of leather interior/seats for F Sport models. I think we main thing we miss out on is the panoramic roof compared with other markets.

The US market is incredibly price sensitive, hence the lack of some features we would consider standard in a luxury vehicle. In Australia, we become desensitised to high vehicle prices due to the long-term gouge that the German brands have inflicted on us, and also by the luxury vehicle tax (completely ridiculous tax). If we were to ever get prices anywhere close to what they get in the US, it'd be car heaven - I don't think we'd have a garage big enough to fit all the cars I'd snap up
Old 02-13-15, 01:52 PM
dunebuggy
Driver School Candidate

Totally true about the Panoramic roof here Nights. My wife really wanted that, and the dealer we bought from said Lexus had considered the panoramic option to be "not right for Australia based on our climate".

This is kind of a long bow to draw, I mean, sure parts of Australia are quite hot. But we don't live in a hot region. And besides, panoramic roof has a sliding cover so you can close it.
Plus other brands do offer it here (eg. Land Rover)

Anyway, in the end it was no huge deal. I am really happy we get the other features instead, to be honest.

And you are so right regarding the price gouging we suffer here. (Great to have another Aussie in these threads who knows the situation!)
Old 04-20-15, 03:24 PM
NXFan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the mirror look the same as the U.S. spec models? Also, can someone take a picture of the door switch. Would like to see if upgrading my US NX with an Aussie spec mirror as a mod would work.
Thanks!
Old 04-20-15, 04:27 PM
BriSmi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NXFan
Does the mirror look the same as the U.S. spec models? Also, can someone take a picture of the door switch. Would like to see if upgrading my US NX with an Aussie spec mirror as a mod would work.
Thanks!
Now THAT's a good question.
Old 04-20-15, 06:42 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by NXFan
Thanks!
The power folding mirror switch is at the top. Left for Auto fold (when car is shut off) and right is to manually power fold it.

Old 04-20-15, 06:51 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

My switch (white, fsport) works differently. All the way to one side is permanently open, all the way to the other side is closed, and in the middle is auto close when locking the doors.

My wish list - HUD, Radar cruise control...
Sadly, no variant gets those here in Malaysia.
Old 04-20-15, 06:56 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by legrunt
My switch (white, fsport) works differently. All the way to one side is permanently open, all the way to the other side is closed, and in the middle is auto close when locking the doors.

My wish list - HUD, Radar cruise control...
Sadly, no variant gets those here in Malaysia.

If it looks the same as the pic I posted, you might be right on how you described the function.
Old 04-21-15, 05:47 AM
wildeklave
Pole Position

for the 200T Luxury trim the mirrors will angle down when going in reverse to pull into a parking spot. The only caveat is it will only work on 1 mirror and not both depending on which side you flip the switch to.
Old 04-21-15, 06:32 AM
lsft
Instructor

Received 517 Likes on 344 Posts

Really... that's funny. my CT200h will lower both mirrors down. I was expecting my NX to do the same... errr...

Quick Reply: Power folding mirror?