NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

F-sport doesn't have auto sensing rain wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-15, 01:48 PM
troyk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-sport doesn't have auto sensing rain wipers

Hey guys, so I'm planning on purchasing an NX in June at this point due to pricing. I've owned 2 luxury cars in the past, a 07 BMW 545i with auto rain wipers and the current 2IS 250 without and I have got to say that the auto rain wipers make such a large difference in convenience in Seattle because it rains.. everyday.. So my questions is, would you go for a luxury package nx 200t or screw it and just go with the F-sport for the sportier suspension, seats and styling? The luxury NX hybrid AWD is around 50K MSRP which is kind of a lot for an entry level SUV.

Also does anyone know what type of leather is included in the luxury package? I read somewhere it was semi-aniline, but the Lexus site doesn't state that like they do in the RX luxury package. If it's anything like the leather in the 2IS, I may be better off getting nuluxe since I want to keep this vehicle long term.

Last edited by troyk; 01-24-15 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-24-15, 03:56 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

To my knowledge, there's no official documentation of semi-aniline anywhere for N.A. based NXs. It's possible it's available for other markets like Japan - not sure. It's a premium softer leather that is available in the RX, GX, and higher so I doubt the NX has it. Based on similar seat designs between the NX and IS, I would bet the leather is the same between the two.

Styling was the biggest reason to get the F Sport for me. But a deciding factor for you might be the seat comfort. Take the F Sport for an extended test drive to see if you have any discomfort from the bottom bolsters. Some of us have including myself, but in all honesty, it's getting better as I feel the bolster having softened up a little.

Had Nuluxe in the CT, IS, and now NX, and it's more resilient to folds and wear than leather is.
Old 01-26-15, 11:02 AM
Leelyss
Driver School Candidate

2 things my wife really misses from her Range Rover.
Folding mirrors and Rain Sensing Wipers.
These both should be a standard on her F Sport in my opinion..
Old 01-26-15, 11:38 AM
troyk
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Leelyss
I completely agree with you. I 45k car shouldn't lack something as simple as rain sensing wipers... You can get it on most midrange budget cars nowadays. Lol
Old 01-26-15, 11:40 AM
troyk
Driver School Candidate

Thanks corrado for the response. It seems like now my decision is more based on: opt for the f sport for interior durability or go with the 200t or hybrid for the additional comfort... Maybe the f sport is a better choice from a value perspective. I also really love the RR interior
Old 01-26-15, 12:34 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I prefer not having auto sensing because sometimes they can be down right obnoxious. You will have moderate rain and the wipers will be going back and forward full speed lol

I'd rather just have the dial, so i can pick the speed that works for me.
Old 01-26-15, 06:43 PM
Jafch1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed! I was kind of shocked when I found out this rainy evening the NX didn't have rain sensors. Not to say I couldn't push a wiper switch, but its been a while since I had to remember to manually turn them on lol!
Old 02-13-15, 03:36 PM
dunebuggy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rain sensing wipers definitely come standard on all NXs in Australia. So, yet another feature we got, that US buyers didn't.

But again, the car costs more here.
Old 02-13-15, 04:36 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dunebuggy
Rain sensing wipers definitely come standard on all NXs in Australia. So, yet another feature we got, that US buyers didn't.

But again, the car costs more here.
Having been to your country a few years ago I believe your wages are higher for the most part then in the US, but so is your cost of living. (ouch)

I think it's inner related to the "no tipping" policy in Australia in that it all evens out.
Old 03-13-15, 08:56 PM
nahanagat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by troyk
I completely agree with you. I 45k car shouldn't lack something as simple as rain sensing wipers... You can get it on most midrange budget cars nowadays. Lol
My NX F Sport comes with rain sensing wipers; at least in Canada. I'm disappointed though that it didn't come with the folding mirrors.
Old 03-14-15, 06:34 AM
papa214
Rookie

Originally Posted by Leelyss
I agree 1000%!!!

Also y no cooling seats on the F Sport????
Old 03-14-15, 06:38 AM
papa214
Rookie

Originally Posted by troyk
Thanks corrado for the response. It seems like now my decision is more based on: opt for the f sport for interior durability or go with the 200t or hybrid for the additional comfort... Maybe the f sport is a better choice from a value perspective. I also really love the RR interior
I would go with the F Sport for styling. The grill of the basic NX looks too much like an RX and seems to pointy.
Old 03-16-15, 10:39 AM
TiffanyM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by papa214
I agree 1000%!!!

Also y no cooling seats on the F Sport????

Not sure why people keep saying the F-Sport doesn't come with cooling seats, you have to add the PREMIUM Package to get the cooling seats on an F-Sport.
Old 03-16-15, 10:46 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TiffanyM
Not sure why people keep saying the F-Sport doesn't come with cooling seats, you have to add the PREMIUM Package to get the cooling seats on an F-Sport.
Ventilated seats are not an option for the F Sport model, no matter what package you choose. Has to do with the style of seats. I believe it is like this for the IS as well.
Old 03-16-15, 10:48 AM
TiffanyM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DenM54
Ventilated seats are not an option for the F Sport model, no matter what package you choose. Has to do with the style of seats. I believe it is like this for the IS as well.
I think you need to look at Lexus.com specifically my build http://lexus.us/1MjngjG because I have them, check under PREMIUM Package

Last edited by TiffanyM; 03-16-15 at 10:52 AM.

Quick Reply: F-sport doesn't have auto sensing rain wipers