NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

F-sport doesn't have auto sensing rain wipers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 01:00 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by DenM54
Ventilated seats are not an option for the F Sport model, no matter what package you choose. Has to do with the style of seats. I believe it is like this for the IS as well.
That was true on the 2014 IS F Sport, but the seat ventilation was added to them in 2015, so it's a packaging choice by Lexus, rather than a seat design issue.

Originally Posted by TiffanyM
I think you need to look at Lexus.com specifically my build http://lexus.us/1MjngjG because I have them, check under PREMIUM Package
If you go to the package section of the NX page, you can see that the Premium Package adds "Heated Front Seats (F Sport only)" and "Heated and Ventilated Front Seats (NX 200T and NX 300H)", which implies to me that the F Sport doesn't get the ventilation, and is probably part of the reason why the Premium Package is less costly on the F Sport. Yet on the "Build Your NX" page it does indeed state you can get your F Sport with ventilation. The Lexus site has never been that great with spelling out the options and packages.

http://www.lexus.com/models/NX/packages

Last edited by JDR76; 03-16-15 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-16-15, 02:13 PM
TiffanyM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is interesting. I guess I need to cancel my order. There have been way too many compromises made on the NX option list especially for North America USA.
Old 03-16-15, 03:50 PM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
I prefer not having auto sensing because sometimes they can be down right obnoxious. You will have moderate rain and the wipers will be going back and forward full speed lol

I'd rather just have the dial, so i can pick the speed that works for me.
A better designed auto rain wiper shouldn't behavior like that.
Old 03-16-15, 06:25 PM
athiker
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is interesting. I guess I need to cancel my order. There have been way too many compromises made on the NX option list especially for North America USA.
I didn't even realize the regular 200t had ventilated seats when I bought it but have to say I really like this feature! Its truly a "luxury" that worked very well a few hours into my 5 hour road trip home this past Sunday.

I looked up on the dash and saw a little fan icon on a button next to the seat heater button and thought...hmm...is that what I think it is? 3 fan speeds...love it.

Last edited by athiker; 03-16-15 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-17-15, 08:44 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sears1234
Doesn't defeat my point that you have a usable hand that can flick a lever
Old 03-17-15, 08:59 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Doesn't defeat my point that you have a usable hand that can flick a lever
I'm basically with you on that. We have the auto wipers on our RX, and while they do impress me with how well they work, they feel a bit like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Kind of cool to see them work, but really quite pointless in my opinion. I'd add them as a no cost option, but doubt I'd pay extra for them.
Old 03-23-15, 08:34 AM
nahanagat
Driver School Candidate

The heated & ventilated seats come with the F Sport 1 package; at least in Canada.
Old 04-09-15, 03:12 PM
VipVip
Rookie

Originally Posted by nahanagat
The heated & ventilated seats come with the F Sport 1 package; at least in Canada.
getting " dinged " and " Donged " by Lex on little things we should have, esp on fsport that doesnt add hp.
Old 04-09-15, 04:04 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We just picked up a F-Sport series 1 package on March 28th, ordered end of January, arrived March 12. No ventilated seats, but yes to rain sensing wipers.
Old 04-09-15, 04:46 PM
Kelmin
Driver School Candidate

Not according to the March '15 order guide for Canada.

Indicates "delete ventilated seats" under F-sport series 1 package.

Otherwise my wife would have selected F-sport series 2, instead of the Executive package.
Attached Thumbnails F-sport doesn't have auto sensing rain wipers-2015-lexus-nx-200t-order-guide.jpg  
Old 03-19-17, 01:33 PM
nickd51462
Driver School Candidate

Mazda 6 Grand Touring has rain sensing wipers for MSRP of 31k. LEXUS this is criminal!
Old 03-19-17, 02:20 PM
Torii
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

my o6 lesud is50had anilene leather seats, hot/cold venting, auto rain headlights, illuminated sill standard, adaptive tirning headlights, v6, all that jazz...none of which the nx has. so they cheapened everything and made more expensive...might be my last lexus.
Old 06-15-17, 06:23 PM
fredw1
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sears1234
I had rain-sensing wipers on my 2008 IS250, and specifically wanted my NX to NOT have them. on my IS, they would operate slowly in pouring rain, yet operate rapidly in a mist. Sometimes they didn't sense rain at all. They were an aggravation. I'm so glad to have the manual intermittent wipers on my NX. I think I'm a better judge of how fast my wipers need to go than any system could be.
Old 06-20-17, 07:04 AM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Call me spoiled, but I miss the auto wipers. I can live without them, but I like them and would prefer to have had them. I'm pretty sure Lexus can justify the packaging choices they make, but they often make no sense to me. I bought the NX rather than the IS I intended to buy, because the IS FSports were missing so many of the things I like. Memory seats and power steering wheel adjustments, for example. Why? That's just dumb! I would have paid for them, but I simply didn't have the option. At least with the NX I got everything else I wanted. Except ventilated seats, but the Lexus implementation of those is terrible anyway. They're borderline useless.
Old 06-20-17, 08:56 AM
olgzr
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Except ventilated seats, but the Lexus implementation of those is terrible anyway. They're borderline useless.
I like the ventilated seats on our NX, they work very well.

Quick Reply: F-sport doesn't have auto sensing rain wipers