NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Qi charger

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-15, 04:26 PM
Auntcoco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qi charger

Hi there, just purchased my NX. Does anyone know where to get the charger case for an iPhone 6 for the Qi charger that is in the car?
Thanks
Old 01-08-15, 04:37 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Check amazon.com . There are lots.

Congrats on your NX!

And post pics please - always welcome.
Old 01-08-15, 04:40 PM
IB RTEST

Locked photo.
Old 01-11-15, 09:48 AM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by IB RTEST

Locked photo.
What are those little clips around the windshield? Just curious. I'm not a "tracker"
Ray A.
Old 01-15-15, 09:29 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sadly, for an iphone, this seems like more work than its worth. Much easier to just plug it into the USB port and be done with it.
Old 01-15-15, 09:38 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$12-16 on Amazon with free Prime Shipping.
Old 01-15-15, 09:46 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cb80923
$12-16 on Amazon with free Prime Shipping.
But wont' you have to plug the charger into the back of the phone everytime in order to get the sleeve to work?

I"m just thinking ease of plugging it into the USB at the same time.

Almost becomes a wash at that point.

Personally, I didn't pick the Qi.
Old 01-15-15, 10:02 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I agree - I don't have one of the Qi charging things for my phone, don't plan on it. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and it doesn't fit in the Qi indention very well, have to put it in there and then push the phone towards the rear up and over the indention lip, so that I can close the arm rest/lid. My battery lasts 3-4 days and i just charge it at home when need be, otherwise I have a 2.1 cigarette lighter plug to plug the USB cord into. I actually asked the dealer to remove the damn charging thing because it is 100% in the way of getting in the storage area (and I wouldn't use it)... and they said they could not.
Old 01-15-15, 01:25 PM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Especially for an iPhone it seems like more hassle than it's worth, unless you like having the sleeve on there. On something like the Galaxy S5 you can just buy a replacement battery cover with Qi integrated so there's no additional size added to the phone.

Even then I don't have the need to charge in the car and wouldn't get the option, but it does sound good in commercials. They are touting the option in the Camry now.
Old 01-15-15, 01:57 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

This is more expensive but it's "Backbone is the first shockproof mobile wireless charging case – military tested". And it has a mini usb charging port on the bottom. So you would just get a cheap mini usb cable for your house.

iPhone 5:
Amazon.com: Dog & Bone Backbone Wireless Charging Case and Pad iPhone 5/5s - Retail Packaging - Trilobe Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Dog & Bone Backbone Wireless Charging Case and Pad iPhone 5/5s - Retail Packaging - Trilobe Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

iPhone 6:
http://www.dogandbonecases.com/produ...charging-case/

Not sure when the 6 will be available.
Old 01-15-15, 07:13 PM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Swacer
Sadly, for an iphone, this seems like more work than its worth. Much easier to just plug it into the USB port and be done with it.
If I special order I am leaving off the wireless charger as well. Don't want to get a special sleeve for the iPhone plus I plug it in via USB everytime anyhow because I want full voice commands and playlists etc on the screen that aren't always available via Bluetooth.
Old 11-20-15, 02:52 PM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very disappointed with Lexus over there useless Qi charger and there reply when I asked how to remove. They replied: We apologize as we do not recommend or assist with modifying our vehicle from the original factory specifications.

Modifications could affect the vehicle’s performance, safety or durability, and may violate government regulations. In addition, damage or performance concerns resulting from the modification may not be covered under warranty.

What BS. It's coming out. I contacted Qi about a larger tray so my phone would fit, but I didn't get an answer.
Old 11-20-15, 03:42 PM
bjhegstad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This seems to be the key to remove the Qi console tray. On the bottom of the tray, It seems to be a pin that secures the tray on the drivers side, but I'm unable so far to pull on it. It will only move about a 1/2 inch, but thats all thats needed to remove the tray.
Old 11-21-15, 01:54 AM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

I enjoy wireless charging in my NX every time I get in the vehicle. I also have the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone, too.

I liked the wireless charging so much, I bought wireless chargers for my office and my home. I love just being able to plop it down on the pad and be done with it. They are only around $12.

The product I bought for my Samsung smartphone to convert it to wireless charging was this one—it was only about $13.
Old 11-21-15, 06:59 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

We have a Samsung S4 and S5 and got something similar to the product linked int he post above me. IT works great and both our phones fit just fine, even with cases, in to the Qi charger.

Dump the junky Apply products and get something better (joking)!

Quick Reply: Qi charger