NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

Lexus "app"

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 08:29 AM
cb80923
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe it is LOCK, UNLOCK, and START/STOP Engine. The pictures above are in the VEHICLE STATUS Button, and under the Guest Driver you can set up alerts if you loan your vehicle to you kids or friend and you want to get alerts if they are driving over a certain speed etc. The VEHICLE FINDER button lets you see where your vehicle is on a map.

If you remote start - when you open the door, the engine cuts off. Kinda a bummer. My 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee had remote start (with Key Fob) and when you got in you just stepped on the break and hit the engine start button and off you go (the engine never cut off like on the NX).

Here are the specs from the Lexus.com NX Technology Page

Old 01-12-15, 08:38 AM
cb80923
Driver

Prices after the complimentary first year:
(from the LexusDrivers webpage: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ions-enform.do)

Old 01-12-15, 09:08 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the dumb question but do all US NX's have the remote start capability with the app or is that an option that must be purchased?
Old 01-12-15, 02:23 PM
Lexuspa3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can also download the app from the app store and run it in demo mode. - Helps show what features available with the app.
Old 01-12-15, 04:44 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Sorry for the dumb question but do all US NX's have the remote start capability with the app or is that an option that must be purchased?
I believe you need the NAV package on the NX, but a US owner can chime in to confirm...
Old 01-13-15, 03:12 PM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

Default Remote Start-Lexus Enform Remote App

My new Nxt does not have remote start. But Lexus web site says I can start the car remotely with the Enform Remote App.

So is this a dealer install add-on or is it a third party install?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 01-13-15, 05:05 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

rocdude, do you have the app installed on your phone?

See instructions: http://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexu...rm/tutorial.do
Old 01-14-15, 05:29 AM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

Default No I am waiting for the car

@CorrodoMR2

My car should be here by next Tuesday. So at this time I do not have the app.

But the question is, since my car has NAV, I have to purchase the remote starter and install it, to use the Remote Start app [dumb question] or the car comes with the remote starter and to use it I have to download the app and start using it?

Thanks.
Old 01-14-15, 06:40 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocdude
@CorrodoMR2

My car should be here by next Tuesday. So at this time I do not have the app.

But the question is, since my car has NAV, I have to purchase the remote starter and install it, to use the Remote Start app [dumb question] or the car comes with the remote starter and to use it I have to download the app and start using it?

Thanks.
No, I believe if the car has NAV then the service/hardware is built in, you just have to call and have it activated.

Good luck with it, I got my NX on December 29th and the remote start still does not work. For the most part Lexus support is terrible when it comes to this application.
Old 01-14-15, 06:42 AM
rocdude
Driver School Candidate

@DenM54
Thanks for the info. This will be my first Lexus, hope it will be smooth sailing..
Old 01-14-15, 07:37 AM
DenM54
Rookie

Originally Posted by rocdude
@DenM54
Thanks for the info. This will be my first Lexus, hope it will be smooth sailing..
The NX was also my first Lexus purchased. Overall the SUV has been awesome and I love everything about it.

The only issue has been getting the app to work, which has been annoying.
Old 01-14-15, 09:10 AM
cb80923
Driver

Originally Posted by DenM54
The only issue has been getting the app to work, which has been annoying.

Hopefully I am not repeating something already said, but I got an ENFORM Brochure when I left the dealer. It said to log on and activate the ENFORM App suite and ENFORMRemote feature, and that if there were any problems then to press and hold the SOS button and talk to an adviser. I did the online thing the day I brought it home, didn't activate for some reason, so I pressed the SOS button and they made everything work within a few minutes.
Old 01-14-15, 02:14 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

good stuff...
I can't wait to use it on my NX!!
Old 01-14-15, 04:34 PM
bostonb
Rookie

I have the Lexus Enform Remote and I have an Nxt. Setup was pretty simple. I was waiting to fill out some paperwork last week at the dealership and so they informed me that I can register for an account (you must have a lexusdrivers.com account to use it) and so I did it then. During the delivery, the technician was able to help me get everything set up. We scanned the VIN number right from my phone and it was a pretty smooth and simple process.

I've had my vehicle for a week now but have probably used the remote start about 3-4 times. I remote start the engine before I log off from work for the day and head home. The first few times, it has worked great, but lately, it seems to take a few tries to get it to start. Each day, it seems to take more and more attempts. Yesterday, it took me like 3 times to get it to run. Today, I attempted 4-5 tries and it all failed so I gave up. I looked at my phone and I have perfect signal and 3G signal clearly showing so not sure what's going on. I get a message that the start up was unsuccessful. They also send an email alert... the email I get said this:

"The request to start the engine of your vehicle, 'NX 200t 5 Door SU', made on 01/14/15 at 05:12 PM Eastern Time was unsuccessful. Please try again. If you see this message repeatedly, please contact your dealer.

Sincerely,
Lexus Enform Remote Customer Support"
Old 01-14-15, 05:21 PM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bostonb
I've had my vehicle for a week now but have probably used the remote start about 3-4 times. I remote start the engine before I log off from work for the day and head home. The first few times, it has worked great, but lately, it seems to take a few tries to get it to start. Each day, it seems to take more and more attempts. Yesterday, it took me like 3 times to get it to run. Today, I attempted 4-5 tries and it all failed so I gave up. I looked at my phone and I have perfect signal and 3G signal clearly showing so not sure what's going on. I get a message that the start up was unsuccessful. They also send an email alert... the email I get said this:

"The request to start the engine of your vehicle, 'NX 200t 5 Door SU', made on 01/14/15 at 05:12 PM Eastern Time was unsuccessful. Please try again. If you see this message repeatedly, please contact your dealer.

Sincerely,
Lexus Enform Remote Customer Support"
Could it be where you are parking rather than where you are with your phone? Are you in a covered garage, or possibly in a bad signal area? Do you get good signal on your phone when you are parked in your car?

I don't know if it uses cell service or satellite for this, so either one could be the issue if you are just in a dead zone for that coverage.

Phil

Quick Reply: Lexus "app"