NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-15, 04:55 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by D4V1D
Found this out a couple weeks ago, too. We have to badge in/out of the gate at work. Figured out to let the car come to a complete stop before putting the window down. You're right, though, a lot of water does come in!
And the good folks at WeatherTech seem to be far, far past the dates they were giving people to add NX products to their lineup.
Old 06-22-15, 03:24 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've set my door locks to auto lock when I go above 13 miles.

But I've recently noticed that if I stop and put the car in park without turning the car off then start driving again the doors don't lock above the speed limit.

It does it initially when I first get in the car but not after. what gives?
Old 06-22-15, 04:49 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tresmith00
I've set my door locks to auto lock when I go above 13 miles.

But I've recently noticed that if I stop and put the car in park without turning the car off then start driving again the doors don't lock above the speed limit.

It does it initially when I first get in the car but not after. what gives?
If you don't open the door when you stop and put in park, it stays locked...at least that is what another car of mine does. Haven't tried this on the NX
Old 06-22-15, 09:44 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ronn1
If you don't open the door when you stop and put in park, it stays locked...at least that is what another car of mine does. Haven't tried this on the NX
I don't think it matters if you open the door or not. I didn't pay attention to that.
Old 06-22-15, 03:56 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I also notice that if you remote start the car, it turns off when you unlock the doors. Kind of annoying.
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (12-29-19)
Old 06-22-15, 04:11 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I also notice that if you remote start the car, it turns off when you unlock the doors. Kind of annoying.
It's annoying, but I prefer it for the peace of mind. I can remote start on my way out of my office and not have to worry that someone is in the parking lot ready to drive off
Old 06-23-15, 12:41 AM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mrsinsyder
It's annoying, but I prefer it for the peace of mind. I can remote start on my way out of my office and not have to worry that someone is in the parking lot ready to drive off
I get that.

I'm surprised that the sensor can detect when the key is not in the car so why not disallow someone from driving off too. Seems like a feature that should be implemented.
Old 06-23-15, 02:22 AM
D4V1D
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised that the sensor can detect when the key is not in the car so why not disallow someone from driving off too. Seems like a feature that should be implemented.
Agree. Seems like the it should realize that the fob is not in proximity and keep the doors locked until you are within range. Odd. I'm sure Lexus has a very good reason for doing this, I'm just not sure I understand at this moment. Probably means this "feature" will rarely be used by me, if ever.
Old 06-23-15, 02:36 PM
tresmith00
Pole Position

Agree. Seems like the it should realize that the fob is not in proximity and keep the doors locked until you are within range. Odd. I'm sure Lexus has a very good reason for doing this, I'm just not sure I understand at this moment. Probably means this "feature" will rarely be used by me, if ever.
sometimes certain features don't get implemented because someone else owns the patent. and if that's the case, Lexus may opt to wait for the patent to expire rather than pay the licensing fee.
Old 06-23-15, 05:28 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The RES uses the immobiliser bypass to start the car, as the key is not in range "within" the car. Any change of state will shut the car off, even if the door was opened with the key. Lexus does not implement secure remote takeover, probably for safety reasons, IE car jacking and also for security reasons as it would need to implement the encryption key within the remote starter. Some after markets go around this by highjacking a key fob, but that has its own drawbacks.
Old 06-24-15, 06:20 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Did anyone think the NX's rear tailgate rake was more pronounced than the 3RX? I thought it was a little more, but surprised that they're virtually identical. I'd say the NX's more sloping rear roofline contributes to the illusion!

The same can't be said with the 4RX which is noticeably more raked.

Old 06-24-15, 10:26 AM
RDLGX
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow...those pics are great....amazing how close the present RX and NX are how much bigger the new RX is going to be ! It will be interesting to see how many RX owners are going to like the bigger RX for 2016. I have friends who have a current RX, and they say they should have left it the size it was, and don't like it.
Old 06-25-15, 01:09 PM
papa214
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 15LexNX2t
And the good folks at WeatherTech seem to be far, far past the dates they were giving people to add NX products to their lineup.
I agree. when I first took delivery of my F Sport, in December, I asked about the all weather mats & liners. I was told it would be about 3 months. I contacted them by email () no reply.
I called first part of April & was told they had no plans for either of those products.

I'm using all weather mats from my 13 RX they cover most of the carpet but not all.
Old 06-25-15, 04:09 PM
Tigerfever
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's odd. My dealership in Canada automatically gives all weather mats with every purchase and I have them in the vehicle now. They appear to be made for the NX as they say NX on them so they're definitely making them.
Old 06-25-15, 04:16 PM
mrsinsyder
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by papa214
I agree. when I first took delivery of my F Sport, in December, I asked about the all weather mats & liners. I was told it would be about 3 months. I contacted them by email () no reply.
I called first part of April & was told they had no plans for either of those products.

I'm using all weather mats from my 13 RX they cover most of the carpet but not all.
Dumb decision since the NX is selling like hotcakes.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)