NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-15, 02:15 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

I dont think the NX needs a tire/brake duct. I merely think its a material design element.
Old 04-03-15, 02:26 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by typocl
that's what I see on my NX. When I'm in any gear, those buttons don't work.
Neither of our cars allow you to change settings while in gear . No doubt a safety feature.
Old 04-04-15, 08:37 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Neither of our cars allow you to change settings while in gear . No doubt a safety feature.
That makes sense to me. So I went out and tested my NX and yes the buttons are disabled when the car is in gear. It must have happened when I was parked with the engine running waiting for someone. Although my flawed memory remembers it happening when I was driving. Oh well....

The buttons are still too low on the door. It's hard to see which button to push and impossible when it's dark. It looks like the new 4RX has the buttons on top in a vertical position next to the door handle, a much better location.
Old 04-05-15, 06:36 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not but a nice feature on the NX is the ability to use keyless entry on the rear doors - both to lock and unlock.

Our 2012 RX did not have this. Adds convenience for putting a child in a child seat so you don't have to go the front door first to unlock. Also convenient for throwing a laptop bag or groceries on the back seat without having to unlock from the front. Easier to lock that way too. I often have my laptop bag on the back seat and it's nice to be able to hop out, grab it and lock all doors from the rear passenger door.

Also, there is a small button next to the liftgate button that can lock and unlock(I think it can unlock) all of the doors so if you throw something in the way back, you can lock all of the doors without needing your key fob or going to the front door.

Nice little conveniences!
The following users liked this post:
Vitveet (12-25-19)
Old 04-05-15, 10:08 AM
papa214
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Not sure if this was mentioned yet or not but a nice feature on the NX is the ability to use keyless entry on the rear doors - both to lock and unlock.

Our 2012 RX did not have this. Adds convenience for putting a child in a child seat so you don't have to go the front door first to unlock. Also convenient for throwing a laptop bag or groceries on the back seat without having to unlock from the front. Easier to lock that way too. I often have my laptop bag on the back seat and it's nice to be able to hop out, grab it and lock all doors from the rear passenger door.

Also, there is a small button next to the liftgate button that can lock and unlock(I think it can unlock) all of the doors so if you throw something in the way back, you can lock all of the doors without needing your key fob or going to the front door.

Nice little conveniences!
i agree it does come in very handy. did not know about the button by the liftgate, ill check it out.
Old 04-07-15, 01:57 PM
1811Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone mentioned how awesome the touch sensitive lights are? No buttons to push, just touch the light fixture and it magically lights up.

Also, the airbag below the steering wheel at knee level!
Old 04-07-15, 02:41 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

first time driving in the rain after getting the mudguards and running boards

I noticed that when there's a sheet of water that I drive over, I hear what sounds like heavy rain drops against metal. I'm pretty sure it's water kicking up and hitting the bottom of the running boards. Never drove in the rain before getting the running boards to be sure. Don't know what I can do about it short of applying rubber roofing material to the bottom of the running boards.

Guess that's one benefit of the tubular running boards.
Old 04-07-15, 03:20 PM
Xtino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1811Lexus
Has anyone mentioned how awesome the touch sensitive lights are? No buttons to push, just touch the light fixture and it magically lights up.

Also, the airbag below the steering wheel at knee level!
You don't even need to touch them, just hover your finger and they react,
Old 04-07-15, 04:33 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Unhappy Cheap Exterior Mirrors

Although the construction quality in and out is tank-like solid, there is one exception.

Oddly enough, although the mirrors look really sharp, the plastic housing creaks and feels loose/cheap when touching or washing them.

Old 04-09-15, 10:19 PM
caruhgah
Driver School Candidate

I listen to a lot of podcasts on my iPhone in the car. I use Downcast as the podcatcher/player and when I start the NX with Bluetooth as the media source it will start playing the podcast from where I left off previously. Love that!
Old 04-09-15, 10:49 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Coming from the GS I'm still getting used to the different finishes and materials on the NX. There are a lot of things I like much better but one thing I noticed today as I was putting my first tank of gas in, the door to the gas cap seems very flimsy...like the hinges were loose or something.

Maybe it's part of the 10% left over from the Toyota RAV
Old 04-09-15, 11:27 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by thedwp
Coming from the GS I'm still getting used to the different finishes and materials on the NX. There are a lot of things I like much better but one thing I noticed today as I was putting my first tank of gas in, the door to the gas cap seems very flimsy...like the hinges were loose or something.

Maybe it's part of the 10% left over from the Toyota RAV
funny you should mention this. The first time I filled up with gas and closed the gas door, turns out I didn't close it properly. I drove off and when I got back to my car after work, noticed the door wasn't closed.
Old 04-09-15, 11:59 PM
emoowear
Driver School Candidate

The touchpad is growing on me daily.

Today I found out that you can double tap on it to select/activate whatever is highlighted instead of pushing down on the pad itself. Now it just really feels like a laptop touchpad...I'm sure it's in the owner's manual though but just stumbling on it is quite enjoyable.
Old 04-10-15, 06:26 AM
rVague
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Although the construction quality in and out is tank-like solid, there is one exception.

Oddly enough, although the mirrors look really sharp, the plastic housing creaks and feels loose/cheap when touching or washing them.

Agreed. Washed and waxed my car for the first time and was disappointed. My RX mirrors were much more robust. Also found the car pretty tedious to wash. Lots of nooks and crannies in the rear end of the car.
Old 04-10-15, 07:11 AM
1811Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emoowear
The touchpad is growing on me daily.

Today I found out that you can double tap on it to select/activate whatever is highlighted instead of pushing down on the pad itself. Now it just really feels like a laptop touchpad...I'm sure it's in the owner's manual though but just stumbling on it is quite enjoyable.
Really? That's good to know - good catch there!

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)