NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 12:14 PM
neelnaik
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not an NX owner, but here's a nice little tip for you guys, though if you have owned Lexus vehicles before, you probably already know this.

On all Lexus vehicles with the power tilt/telescopic wheel, if you find yourself maxed out in any one direction, say all the way out for example, if you move the switch in that direction quickly 8 times, the wheel will out about 1/4 inch further. This works in all 4 directions. It doesn't sound like much but it makes a difference on long trips.

EDIT: 8 times, not 7 times. Sorry for the typo.
It has worked on all Lexus vehicles that I've ever driven. It even works on the Toyota Avalon with the electric tit/telescopic wheel.

Last edited by neelnaik; 03-08-15 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-08-15, 07:48 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by neelnaik
I am not an NX owner, but here's a nice little tip for you guys, though if you have owned Lexus vehicles before, you probably already know this.

On all Lexus vehicles with the power tilt/telescopic wheel, if you find yourself maxed out in any one direction, say all the way out for example, if you move the switch in that direction quickly 7 times, the wheel will out about 1/4 inch further. This works in all 4 directions. It doesn't sound like much but it makes a difference on long trips.
Great tips. I have power tilt/telesopcing wheel for previous 2IS and the current 3IS and yet I didn't know this trick. Will try it tomorrow just to learn how it works. Definitely not in the manual.
Old 03-08-15, 10:19 PM
neelnaik
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I don't ever remember seeing it in the manual either. But it works.

Though this has me curious. I wonder if you guys could try this out and report back.

From what I have read on CL, on the 4GS and 2014+ LS, you can adjust the position of the mirrors when they auto tilt down in reverse. While in reverse, adjust the mirrors to your liking, and then save your memory seat settings again, and it will remember where you like mirrors to auto tilt down to. I know on my 04 RX, it doesn't do this, but what it do if you mess with the mirrors in reverse, they revert back to where you had them when the car was in park/neutral.

Unfortunately I didn't remember to try this out when I test drove a 4GS or the NX, and I haven't driven a 2014+ LS yet. I don't know what other cars this works on, but it would be a neat feature if it did work on the NX.
Old 03-09-15, 07:04 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Though this has me curious. I wonder if you guys could try this out and report back.

From what I have read on CL, on the 4GS and 2014+ LS, you can adjust the position of the mirrors when they auto tilt down in reverse. While in reverse, adjust the mirrors to your liking, and then save your memory seat settings again, and it will remember where you like mirrors to auto tilt down to. I know on my 04 RX, it doesn't do this, but what it do if you mess with the mirrors in reverse, they revert back to where you had them when the car was in park/neutral.

Unfortunately I didn't remember to try this out when I test drove a 4GS or the NX, and I haven't driven a 2014+ LS yet. I don't know what other cars this works on, but it would be a neat feature if it did work on the NX.
I tried it out on mine last night. Yeah, it worked. But for the in-out position, it only adds on another millimeter or so, so its not very useful for me. (I wish it would telescope outward more)
Old 03-09-15, 07:05 PM
legrunt
Pole Position

Also, I noticed the car's rev matching during downshift only works when the drive stick is over in M mode. Otherwise, if you use the paddle shifters while the stick is over in Auto mode, the downshift behaves like a normal auto box.
Old 03-10-15, 07:44 AM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Middle row seat belt

Hello everyone,
I have bit of a rear view issue - The seat belt that is attached to the roof for the middle row seat blocks a partial view of rear window through the mirror - anyone notice - not a big deal but annoying some times
Thanks
Raj
Old 03-10-15, 08:41 AM
papa214
Rookie

Originally Posted by rspjr05
Hello everyone,
I have bit of a rear view issue - The seat belt that is attached to the roof for the middle row seat blocks a partial view of rear window through the mirror - anyone notice - not a big deal but annoying some times
Thanks
Raj
I had the same issue when I picked up my car. u can disconnect the middleseat seat belt by placing the valet key from the fob in a small notch in the clip of the belt. the belt will then tuck up into the headliner. somewhere in the big think owners manual there are better instructions... I did not notice it when I test drove the NX but I sure did when I picked up the model I purchased.
Old 03-18-15, 08:45 AM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Finally got mine. Car seats/ backless booster seats are a pain with the way the middle seat belt is setup.

I need to have a full car seat for an toddler, then a booster for another until he's 8 (California....). I can put both in, but putting in a third person and being able for that person to buckle up is really difficult.

This is going from a RAV4.

There's one video review here where the person talks about two car seats being troublesome. I think it's even worse with one car seat and one booster as the kid in the booster still needs to squeeze to find the buckle (when there's a third person)
Old 03-18-15, 08:51 AM
winst0n
Driver School Candidate

Car doesn't roll back (or move forward) on an uphill when at a stop. This is really a nice surprise feature.
Old 03-18-15, 03:11 PM
athiker
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe doesn't quality as a "discovery", but I had forgotten about it if I ever read it. On a long drive I noticed the fan icon on a button next to the seat warmer button. A/C ventilated seats....love it! 3 available fan speeds.

This may only be on non F-Sport seats from what I've read now.

Re: the display in between the speedo and the tach, don't forget about the up/down selections in a addition to the left/right ones. The compass can be changed to show your next turn if using navigation.
Old 03-19-15, 07:18 AM
Rdcrow
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer programmed my mom's RX to do this. Someone here posted a list of the dealer-personalizable settings, I hope this is one as I like it.
Old 03-19-15, 07:29 AM
legrunt
Pole Position

There's no need to save your seat memory again. Whatever you adjust in reverse gear, that will be the amount the mirrors deviate from the norm each time you reverse.
Old 03-19-15, 07:30 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by winst0n
Car doesn't roll back (or move forward) on an uphill when at a stop. This is really a nice surprise feature.
I never thought this was really an issue with an auto. Only sticks....

Catching the clutch on a 4000-5000lb car is exciting when someone pulls up right behind your bumper
Old 03-19-15, 07:33 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdcrow
The dealer programmed my mom's RX to do this. Someone here posted a list of the dealer-personalizable settings, I hope this is one as I like it.
Here is a copy of the NX personalized settings some of which we can do and the others the dealer will do. I saw this too from another thread and saved a copy. Going to review it closely before my 5k service.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
15NX200t-WithNavi-030115.pdf (1.52 MB, 1328 views)
Old 03-19-15, 07:43 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GlenK
Here is a copy of the NX personalized settings some of which we can do and the others the dealer will do. I saw this too from another thread and saved a copy. Going to review it closely before my 5k service.
Thanks for this, I will print this out and take a look!

EDIT - #23 is the only one I think interests me. Kinda of nice to have everything open as you walk over to your car on a hot summer day.

Last edited by Swacer; 03-19-15 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)