NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-15, 10:18 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rdcrow, that is pretty typical when in a "major" city, like DC or Chicago or NYC if the NAV has 3d like this one does, but good to point out none the less.

Phil
Old 02-17-15, 02:02 PM
winst0n
Driver School Candidate

For non-navigation package, if you use iphone GPS via blue tooth, the voice instructions come in as an incoming phone call.. interesting..

I like how some siri features work.. I use it more than the built in voice command..
Old 02-18-15, 09:28 AM
athiker
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by winst0n
For non-navigation package, if you use iphone GPS via blue tooth, the voice instructions come in as an incoming phone call.. interesting..

I like how some siri features work.. I use it more than the built in voice command..
Is there any way to input the actual map from a smart phone nav app to the vehicle display...using USB or any other input connection?
Old 02-18-15, 04:21 PM
winst0n
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by athiker
Is there any way to input the actual map from a smart phone nav app to the vehicle display...using USB or any other input connection?
It might be the Apple's Carplay functionality.. not sure when it will be available.. there are other threads that talk about that... maps and some other iphone apps will be available on the car's display screen... can't wait..
Old 02-25-15, 07:09 PM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RTI not responding...

So woke up this morning to go to work....-30 Celsius outside....got out to start/warm up the car cause Enform is not available here is Canada (thx Lexus ... ).
After starting the car I realized that the RTi was not responding at all...meaning....there was no cursor to move around on the NAV screen.
Stopped and re-started the car a cpl of times...no luck...so just let the car warm up and figured I'd call my dealership later for them to have a look at it.

Drove to work...(40 min drive)... and car is nice and warm...RTI still not working.
Called the dealership, let them know the issue and they said no prob...bring it in anytime and they would look at it.
Drove to the dealership in the late afternoon...and when I was about about 1 km away...the stupid thing (RTI) started working...grrrr
Tried to reproduce the problem while there...and the damn thing worked liked a charm.
He said that maybe because of the cold it froze???
Has this happened to anyone else?
He logged it in my file ...just in case it happens again when its not THAT cold out....we'll see.
Old 02-25-15, 07:46 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

No issues with mine, but coldest was about -22C in Toronto (without the wind chill).

-30C is VERY cold and amazed the car started and everything else worked. I'd attribute it to this extremely cold weather and the slightest moisture in the car finding its way in the electronics. Chances are your windows were a little fogged up too as an indication of the humidity.
Old 02-26-15, 06:50 AM
Pesttt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
No issues with mine, but coldest was about -22C in Toronto (without the wind chill).

-30C is VERY cold and amazed the car started and everything else worked. I'd attribute it to this extremely cold weather and the slightest moisture in the car finding its way in the electronics. Chances are your windows were a little fogged up too as an indication of the humidity.
I'm assuming it was the extreme cold....oddly enough, windows were not fogged at all.
Old 02-28-15, 04:18 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Pesttt
I'm assuming it was the extreme cold....oddly enough, windows were not fogged at all.
I suspect it was a one-off, but please post in the infotainment issues thread if this or a related issue occurs.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...d-lock-up.html

Good luck!
Old 02-28-15, 07:09 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Remote control features

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but for those of you who aren't manual-readers:

The dealer can program the remote control to automatically open all of the windows and/or the moonroof upon a press-and-hold of the "unlock" button of the remote.
Old 02-28-15, 12:29 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spcran4d
Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but for those of you who aren't manual-readers:

The dealer can program the remote control to automatically open all of the windows and/or the moonroof upon a press-and-hold of the "unlock" button of the remote.
Not having the NX but for the 3rd gen IS, the default is also "all windows are open except moonroof when "unlock" is pressed-and-held". The dealer can program the moonroof to open automatically as well.

FYI, the default for previous Lexus, say 2rd gen IS is "all windows open including moonroof". Lexus has changed it for some reasons.. maybe some claims or make the 1st dealer visit more "value-added".
Old 02-28-15, 01:51 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Yes. Got mine programmed as part of the complimentary 1600 km (1k mile) inspection. Not in use now but will be useful in summer.
Old 03-01-15, 06:27 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Personalized settings - checklist

If you haven't found this yet, there is a place you can download a PDF that contains a listing of all of the personalized settings available. I will be bringing mine to the dealer at my 5K service.

Navigate to http://www.lexus.com/service and locate the LEXUS PERSONALIZED SETTINGS (LPS) section. Then just choose your model in the drop-down for the PDF.
Old 03-01-15, 08:52 AM
GlenK
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So far the one setting I'd like to change is the Home Screen coming up on start up instead of the Nav System Map. My dealer tells me that can't be done even by them. It automatically starts with Nav Map.

If anyone does find a way to change that please post it.
Old 03-01-15, 11:52 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you haven't found this yet, there is a place you can download a PDF that contains a listing of all of the personalized settings available. I will be bringing mine to the dealer at my 5K service.

Navigate to http://www.lexus.com/service and locate the LEXUS PERSONALIZED SETTINGS (LPS) section. Then just choose your model in the drop-down for the PDF.
AND if you didn't know this already, you can use our app, Carista, to change your Lexus Personalized Settings by yourself - even the dealer-only ones! We don't support 100% of them, but we're pretty close. Give it a try
(available for Android right now and about to be released for iOS within a week or two)
Old 03-01-15, 02:57 PM
scarecrow2
Driver School Candidate

Default Indash Tire Readings

When I received my Lexus NX 200t the tire pressure reading by the remotes with cold tires were as high as 35 psi on two tires.

I manually (gauge in hand) reset the tires to 32 psi as the Lexus book calls out. The in dash reading said the tires were at 30 psi and one tire triggered the tire alarm. I increased the pressure to 33 psi and car reading was 31psi. Shouldn't this be reading closer than a delta of 2 psi?
It seems to me it should be reading exactly what the tires are at in this day and age.

I had to reset the sensors to clear the false fault and it still didn't help.

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)