NX - 1st Gen (2015-2021)

NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-15, 02:48 PM
typocl
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I didn't realize, but the space under the mirror in the console, that space extends under the wrist rest for the trackpad. Able to shove a few things in there.

And as Corrado mentioned, I find the trackpad much better when disabling the haptic feedback.
Old 03-19-15, 07:28 PM
ncast2523
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MEP7557
I noticed when I was checking out the NX I had paired my IPhone up to it with Bluetooth which is how I have it connected in my RX with the ML system. The sound dropped off considerably, I could not get it to go loud enough. I have no problem with my RX. Not happy about that. I was checking out the MKC with the upgraded stereo system and it was actually worse. I don't get it, you can charge your phone wirelessly but you can't listen to music.....go figure.

I am keeping a close I on this forum before I make a decision on getting a NX. Maybe next year they will offer an upgrade to the stereo plus power folding mirrors. My wish list. Happy New Year All !
I'm quoting an older post here but hopefully it helps someone out.

I too noticed the sound quality was crappier from my phone via bluetooth than satellite radio. After tinkering around in many menus I found that bluetooth audio has its own EQ settings.

If your radio EQ was adjusted and your bluetooth EQ wasn't, that is why the radio sounds better. Tweak it and voila - better sound!
Old 03-20-15, 03:52 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
Please let us know when the iOS app has been released for our Apple phones.
Originally Posted by spcran4d
Please do let us know when the iVersion is out. I would be happy to beta test it for you if needed as well.
Carista is now officially available for iOS! Get it from the app store (see links in my signature).

For those who don't know: Carista lets you change your "Lexus Personalized Settings" by yourself, without a trip to the dealer. More info on our web site.
Old 03-21-15, 11:12 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Carista;8963215]Carista is now officially available for iOS! Get it from the app store.

Excellent. I've ordered my ieGeek® WIFI Wireless OBD2 Auto Scanner today and expect it to arrive by the end of the week. I'll report back when I've done some testing!
Old 03-23-15, 02:30 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent. I've ordered my ieGeek® WIFI Wireless OBD2 Auto Scanner today and expect it to arrive by the end of the week. I'll report back when I've done some testing!
Sounds good, let us know
Old 03-24-15, 01:34 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure if anyone mentioned yet, that to SPRAY THE REAR WINDOW WASHER FLUID, you need to PUSH forward the right wiper stalk. As opposed to other models where you twisted the end of the stalk.
Old 03-24-15, 05:35 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to get the nav display (or whatever is displayed there at the moment) to not dim so quickly when, for instance, you go under an overpass. It would be nice if it could be set to delay for, say, fifteen or thirty seconds.
Old 03-26-15, 04:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^ Unfortunately no setting for that.
Old 03-26-15, 05:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts
Red face Wireless Charger Tray Can Stay Up

Well, this may be a silly discovery on my part but thanks to this thread, I discovered the wireless tray in the console can actually stay up in place. Even the tens of video reviews on the NX on the web show the tray falling down on the reviewer. And it's how I've been operating it too

In short, open the console lid a couple inches further back beyond where it feels like it stops since it can go nearly all the way vertical. Then you will also be able to do the same with the charging tray thereby staying in place in that position.

No more tray slowly falling down on you LOL

Old 03-27-15, 05:45 AM
15RC350F
Advanced

A minor interesting discovery:

I had the dealer change the number of times the turn signals flash when "half-pressing" the lever from three to five (as this suits my driving habits better). But once in awhile I don't want them to flash all five times (or want them to flash more).

I discovered that if you press the lever in the same direction again, the count resets, so they flash five times from that point. And if you press the lever the opposite direction, the flashing stops immediately.
Old 03-27-15, 06:06 AM
MKE IS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to get the nav display (or whatever is displayed there at the moment) to not dim so quickly when, for instance, you go under an overpass. It would be nice if it could be set to delay for, say, fifteen or thirty seconds.
LPS Dealer settings #33 and #34 deal with the instrument panel and NAV display dimming light sensitivity. #33 is for how dark it must be to dim and #34 is for how light it must be to return to day mode.
Old 03-28-15, 07:18 AM
scarecrow2
Driver School Candidate

I set mine to daytime as I don't do must nighttime driving now that the clocks have changed.
Old 03-29-15, 04:42 PM
15RC350F
Advanced

Originally Posted by MKE IS350
LPS Dealer settings #33 and #34 deal with the instrument panel and NAV display dimming light sensitivity. #33 is for how dark it must be to dim and #34 is for how light it must be to return to day mode.
Excellent! I expect to be adjusting those with the Carista app soon.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-15, 04:21 PM
papa214
Rookie

Has anybody heard anymore about the all weather mats or digital floor liners from Weathertech??
Old 03-31-15, 06:46 AM
philwojo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by papa214
Has anybody heard anymore about the all weather mats or digital floor liners from Weathertech??
Last I heard was 3 months to a working template for them, that was about 1 month ago. No telling how long after a working template/mold, that they get them to the customer though.

Phil

Quick Reply: NX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)