Model Trim Inconsistencies

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-14, 03:46 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Model Trim Inconsistencies

Hello all,

I have some questions I was hoping the community could assist me with. I have been trying to ask my dealer and they haven't been very helpful (especially when they keep ignoring my request to know the time table to order).

My questions are as follows:

I'm looking at a AWD Fsport, and I noticed that Lexus.com did not offer me an option for the following in the options page (they don't appear at all, not even to say "not available"):
1. Power Open/Close Rear Door
2. Power Fold/Reclining Seats
3. Wireless Charger

Does that mean that those options aren't available for the Fsport models or they come automatically with the Fsport?

Also, I seem to get an inconsistency in packages on the Lexus Website. When I select the Premium package (which i want because that includes the roof and heated/ventilated seats, ect), and then click the comfort package, it says I have to get BSM (which is fine), but it also tells me I can't have the premium package. So it appears to me, you either get the Premium package OR the comfort package. But the comfort package is listed as needed in order to get Homelink and auto dimming rear view mirror. Does that mean the Premium package comes with those and thats why I don't need it separately? I just know that you have to get the premium package in order to get the navigation package. Does that mean i won't get homelink and an autodimming mirror? Those just seem like parts that shouldn't even be an option, they should be standard.

Finally, if I was to order one from the factory directly, what is the current time table for it to arrive? I remember for my wife's '15 IS350, it was said to be 8-12 weeks, what is the current NX time table? I know that Lexus has also increased production on the SUV from 8,000 to 10,000 units per month.

Thank you everyone.
Old 12-30-14, 05:03 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct, that means the current FSPORT models are NOT coming with those features...

However, you can order a car like I did to get all 3 options, mine should be in by Feb!
Old 12-30-14, 05:10 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
Correct, that means the current FSPORT models are NOT coming with those features...

However, you can order a car like I did to get all 3 options, mine should be in by Feb!
Ok, just to confirm. You are saying that I CAN order those 3 options with an Fsport? Why would the Lexus website not show that?

Also, do you know anything about the package question?

thank you!
Old 12-30-14, 06:13 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

I actually believe I answered my own question. If you go to this site:

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...duct+specs.htm

Download the PDF, you will see this:

Premium Package (includes Comfort Package) on Page 10/10

Thus, in getting the premium package, you get the comfort package.

I think that answers my questions.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-14, 06:22 AM
DigMyM35x
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep - it's pretty confusing.

I also just found out that Lexus isn't making any White/Flaxen combos in our option package since the Flaxen color doesn't come in leather, only nuluxe so unavailable on the Luxury package. Some weird stuff. It it will all get sorted out.

The packages do work like stated above. The luxury includes comfort and premium, you don't buy all 3. The premium includes comfort so you only have to buy premium.

I still don't understand the wording for the add'l electro chromatic mirror with BSM add-on but that is an extra charge. They should have just called it the blind spot monitoring since the electro chromatic mirror comes in the comfort package - very confusing.

As mentioned above, there are options Lexus isn't including in their first run of produced models to the dealers but you should be able to order. It is frustrating when we know more than the dealers sometimes. I'm kind of surprised they weren't pumped for this release with a ton of training and sales focus. . . Or they were and just forgot everything.

Sigh. That's what we have this forum and people like Corrado and Tsopranomb to help us
Old 12-30-14, 06:30 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DigMyM35x
Yep - it's pretty confusing.

I also just found out that Lexus isn't making any White/Flaxen combos in our option package since the Flaxen color doesn't come in leather, only nuluxe so unavailable on the Luxury package. Some weird stuff. It it will all get sorted out.

The packages do work like stated above. The luxury includes comfort and premium, you don't buy all 3. The premium includes comfort so you only have to buy premium.

I still don't understand the wording for the add'l electro chromatic mirror with BSM add-on but that is an extra charge. They should have just called it the blind spot monitoring since the electro chromatic mirror comes in the comfort package - very confusing.

As mentioned above, there are options Lexus isn't including in their first run of produced models to the dealers but you should be able to order. It is frustrating when we know more than the dealers sometimes. I'm kind of surprised they weren't pumped for this release with a ton of training and sales focus. . . Or they were and just forgot everything.

Sigh. That's what we have this forum and people like Corrado and Tsopranomb to help us
So very confusing haha.

I agree on the mirror, but I think the bigger problem is when you go onto the website (without a spec sheet), they don't give you enough detail to know how the packages blend together. Its a lack on communication issue on Lexus' part. Either way, glad we were all able to clear that up. I hope at least 1 person is helped by this post (excluding me haha).

And finally, i wonder why they wouldn't include the power options (gate, seats, charger) in the first batch of cars? perhaps their statistics people said that most initial buyers wouldn't want it. They also don't say which phones it works with. I would assume my iphone 6, but they also left that vague.

Anyone know the time table for an order to arrive?
Old 12-30-14, 07:19 AM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, the Qi charger doesn't work with iPhone directly; you'll want to get a Qi-compatible "sleeve" in order to charge your iPhone.

Regarding all the power options - of the few F-Sports at my local dealership, all have come with the power gate, but manual rear seats. Additionally, they've also come with the Qi charger. Power moon-roof too, of course -- though I think the "expansive" moon roof (if I remember that correctly on Lexus.com) isn't available, since that's the panoramic................????
Old 12-30-14, 07:24 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dCota
Unfortunately, the Qi charger doesn't work with iPhone directly; you'll want to get a Qi-compatible "sleeve" in order to charge your iPhone.

Regarding all the power options - of the few F-Sports at my local dealership, all have come with the power gate, but manual rear seats. Additionally, they've also come with the Qi charger. Power moon-roof too, of course -- though I think the "expansive" moon roof (if I remember that correctly on Lexus.com) isn't available, since that's the panoramic................????
Thats hilarious. Offer Siri Hands free, but didn't design the charger to work directly with an iphone? Also, there is no discussion on the lexus website about this sleeve. Does Lexus plan to give information on this stuff, or continue to leave people in the dark?

And Power moon roof is fine by me, I didn't even notice a difference in teh listing. Another level of Lexus vague....
Old 12-30-14, 07:44 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Wow...dealership just told me its 4 months lead time for a custom order.
Old 12-30-14, 07:47 AM
dCota
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep - same from my dealership.......120 day average! WHEW!
Old 12-30-14, 08:08 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah we placed my order beginning of DEC to go into JAN production! and then arrive end of FEB...
Old 12-30-14, 08:14 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I can tell, Lexus.com only allows you to build a car in configurations currently sent to your area. It's a strange way to do things I agree. Custom orders have historically taken much longer than somewhere like BMW.

I too am looking for an AWD F-Sport. I want the rims that come with the summer tires but my area only gets the machined rims with all season tires due to climate I'm sure. So I have to special order unless I want to just buy the rims outright at MSRP.

I received a list of available options for each model and it appears to me the power rear seats are not available on F Sport models ... not even for special order. No available Lane Keep Assist for F Sport ... Even for special order. This may also be why the F Sport with triple LEDs can't have auto brights since I believe that sensor is housed behind the rear view mirror like the Lane Keep Assist camera.

My dealer said they would let me know when special order is available. I think it may have something to do with demand as of right now as well as having to do with the amounts of NXs they are allowed since we are a fairly small market. I suppose they could do a dealer swap for somewhere that has the options I want but triple LED, AWD, summer tires/rim package don't seem to all come together in one place very often.

This all has me thinking I'll be waiting a LONG time for an F Sport the way I want it. Add that in to the unavailability of LKA, which I'd really like, yet me being unwilling to have any model other than F Sport and I might just be asking for my deposit back. This would give me a chance to see what the refreshed Acura RDX will offer as well as the RX that will be shown at the January Detroit Auto Show. The introduction of the RX could free up the NX to offer the features we aren't getting currently in the U.S.

All of the above has me thinking it's best to just wait, although I was excited to have a new NX right away. I've long been frustrated with Lexus's special order process and time to process.
Old 12-31-14, 03:45 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
yeah we placed my order beginning of DEC to go into JAN production! and then arrive end of FEB...
Well...thats not TOO bad. Thats still only 8 weeks. Thats pretty similar to the time table it took when I ordered my Camaro. I'm being told 16 weeks now. I asked if this was based on the previous production numbers, or if this was based on Lexus' increased production, dealership gave me *crickets* as a reply....

Originally Posted by Husker4the
From what I can tell, Lexus.com only allows you to build a car in configurations currently sent to your area. It's a strange way to do things I agree. Custom orders have historically taken much longer than somewhere like BMW.

I too am looking for an AWD F-Sport. I want the rims that come with the summer tires but my area only gets the machined rims with all season tires due to climate I'm sure. So I have to special order unless I want to just buy the rims outright at MSRP.

I received a list of available options for each model and it appears to me the power rear seats are not available on F Sport models ... not even for special order. No available Lane Keep Assist for F Sport ... Even for special order. This may also be why the F Sport with triple LEDs can't have auto brights since I believe that sensor is housed behind the rear view mirror like the Lane Keep Assist camera.

My dealer said they would let me know when special order is available. I think it may have something to do with demand as of right now as well as having to do with the amounts of NXs they are allowed since we are a fairly small market. I suppose they could do a dealer swap for somewhere that has the options I want but triple LED, AWD, summer tires/rim package don't seem to all come together in one place very often.

This all has me thinking I'll be waiting a LONG time for an F Sport the way I want it. Add that in to the unavailability of LKA, which I'd really like, yet me being unwilling to have any model other than F Sport and I might just be asking for my deposit back. This would give me a chance to see what the refreshed Acura RDX will offer as well as the RX that will be shown at the January Detroit Auto Show. The introduction of the RX could free up the NX to offer the features we aren't getting currently in the U.S.

All of the above has me thinking it's best to just wait, although I was excited to have a new NX right away. I've long been frustrated with Lexus's special order process and time to process.
Thats strange that you say that the power seats aren't an option, because that doesn't align with what tsopranoMB said above. He said all of those were options. Why can't Lexus make one of those dot matrices that shows what is standard, what is option, and what isn't available with every trim? I feel this is ridiculous that a company leaves you to have to search for yourself, just to find answers they should have given you in the first place.
Old 12-31-14, 04:13 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Also, mudflaps. How do you get these on the car? I didn't see an option for them on the website (though I'm not shocked....)
Old 12-31-14, 11:10 AM
Husker4the
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Well...thats not TOO bad. Thats still only 8 weeks. Thats pretty similar to the time table it took when I ordered my Camaro. I'm being told 16 weeks now. I asked if this was based on the previous production numbers, or if this was based on Lexus' increased production, dealership gave me *crickets* as a reply....

Thats strange that you say that the power seats aren't an option, because that doesn't align with what tsopranoMB said above. He said all of those were options. Why can't Lexus make one of those dot matrices that shows what is standard, what is option, and what isn't available with every trim? I feel this is ridiculous that a company leaves you to have to search for yourself, just to find answers they should have given you in the first place.
That's where I am getting my information -- from one of those dot matrices. It shows (for F Sport) that Lane Departure Warning (w assist), power rear seats are not available, even for special order. This is just for the F Sport. Lexus.com build feature only seems to allow you to build a car on the site that corresponds to how they are sending them out to your region only. This has typically been the case I've noticed.

Quick Reply: Model Trim Inconsistencies